doxmaster is offline Associate Member

inflammation gone i think

I was told that my almost half year shoulder problem was tendonitus after having alot of mris and arthagrams and seeing many speialist as I stated a few days ago . I iced it alot and took aspirin as an anti inflammatory and so far from what i can tell the feeling of inflamation is either completely gone or miniscule, im still icing and and taking aspirin one in the morning and one before bed. If this is tendonitus how long should I keep doing this for? should i be expecting this small amount of remaining pain and do i have to rehab it for awhile afterwards? also If for some reason underneath what is this tendonitus is a small tear in the tendon how will i be able to diagnose this ?

P.S
    mostly asking this because my next doctors appointments in a month and im happy they finally located the problem and i want my old lifestyle back

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    you've been icing your shoulder and taking asprin for the past 6 months?

Also how long before you stopped working out (assuming you did) was it as soon as you felt pain or did you wait until it got worse and you HAD to stop? How much asprin were you taking?

no just over the past few days the problem started six months ago and i had been going from doctor to doctor to find out what the problem was and it wasnt up until a few days ago did they find it out and i have been icing it and taking aspirin for the past 3 days

and yeah if you feel pain you shouldn't be using it, there's def rehab to go through even after the pain is gone

also i only took 1 asprin in the morning and one at night

oh no dude to make sure it heals you should lay off it completely for a few weeks

what dosage are you taking? Is it REAL asprin or is that just a generic name you call whatever it is youre taking?

there 325 mg each bayer aspirin

you can actually take two 325mg asprins every four hours safely, however, even though asprin has some sort of coating on it, when taking that much I'd take it with a meal. And yeah keep icing it for 20mins every few hours. Other than that listen to your doctor and don't lift it will only make it worse.

i havent lifted in along while but how long should i keep up the icing and asprin for ?

The icing and asprin both help inflammation among other things, so yes keep doing it I'd say until you talk to your doc, I'm no doctor!

thanks man its gonna be a long month im all amped up to get this done and over with and finally back in the gym

I hear you I had bad tendinitis in my shoulder and like the idiot that I am I would lift through the pain. It came to the point I couldn't use that arm for as much as pushing open a door, I couldn't do chest/shoulder exercises for a good few months. That was a couple years ago though I've been fine since, it was from way too much over training. Anyway, good luck with your recovery!

Thread Information