BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member

Muscle and Fitness FINALLY becoming a legitimate strength magazine!!!!!

Has anyone picked up the latest issue? Full of real strength athletes showing how to really get strong!!! ABOUT F*CKING TIME!!!

I started this thread to talk shit, as I fully expect all the bodybuilders on this forum to flame away!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Gucks is offline Member
    im gonna stick to MD thanks :P

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I stopped reading fitness mags. They say the same shit every week and have more ads than articles.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I picked up the last couple of M&F. I was impressed by some of the articles. Gave up on them in high school 20 years ago for the same reason stack it mentioned. But must say it certainly seems different this time out.

I was never into fitness mags. I grew up reading powerlifting USA and still do. But another forum I'm a member of has some of the top powerlifters and strongmen in the world as members. Derek Poundstone (America's strongest man and Arnold Strongman Winner), posted that he was on the cover. So I picked it up. Come to find out there are several powerlifting routines and articles as well as profiles of some of the top strongmen/powerlifters. Quite the change from what I've seen of other fitness mags, including MD.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I stopped reading fitness mags. They say the same shit every week and have more ads than articles.
    This.

I had about 12 months worth of M&F magazines and then one day I realised..."Hmm, this issue is exactly the same as last month. It's the same as the last 12 months infact"

Those things are 50% add's for the latest suppliment or whey protein result GUARANTEED to get you results and used by "the pros".

EDIT: I think they're pretty good is you're just starting out. They used to release this mini booklet guide that would show you how to exercise a certain body part with a variety of different exercises. I think after you've been working out for awhile though, and you have a fairly good diet in place that works for you and you know most exercises, those magazines become redundant. But they do have some pretty cool interviews in there from time to time.
    Last edited by Flagg; 02-27-2011 at 05:21 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I still like M&F better then Iron Man and the like. For me, the physiques in M&F are attainable. I will NEVER look like guys in Iron Man, nor would I want to. =P

I was speaking mainly from a strength athlete perspective. For years there was absolutely no reason for a strength athlete to reads these mags. Now M&F actually have articles about strongman and powerlifters.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I was speaking mainly from a strength athlete perspective. For years there was absolutely no reason for a strength athlete to reads these mags. Now M&F actually have articles about strongman and powerlifters.
    Ahh, I got ya. Makes sense, and I agree - I also have noticed a change in this mag over the past year or so.

bushido3374 is offline Member
    Thanks, BgMc- I'll check it out.

Thread Information