Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

what to do ? Car sales people need advice

Ok so the bf and i went into the car stealership and we were looking at a new model. We went into the stealership at around 1:00 ; test drove a car around 1:30 liked it and started paperwork. We talked price options etc and we finally got set on a car that just got dropped off their truck that same very day. So new it still had all the plastics and coverings on it. So we waited for the paperwork 2:00-3:00 told they were having issues not to worry it would be ready soon. 3-4:00; 4-5 ; still working on it but everything will be ready. 5-6. So now we been there for like 5 hrs and i am pissed i start asking what the hell is going on. He said "so so sorry we are doing the paperwork." He finally comes out with the paperwork we sit down and he begins to talk about the contract. He then stops and says "well being its this late we wont have the car ready tonight so i would ask if you can come back monday and pick it up." I stood up and flipped out on him and his assistant. I said you kept us here for 6 hours with the impression we were taking the car and now your asking us to come back. I said what the f@#$@ have i been waiting for the entire time? He froze. I said you strung us along because its the end of the month and you wanted the sale. He looked like a deer in headlights. I told him to refund our deposit and we refused to sign ANYTHING. He started asking us questions and i just turned my back to him and walked out.

Now i will be going to the manager about this on monday and this !#$head is going to pay for it. While i was yelling at him he offered to give me 2-300 free on car parts for the mix up but i asked what the F*** i am going to do on car parts when i am buying a lease !!

So anyhow, what do you guys think i can get out of the manager towards this car ? If i was buying it i could ask for parts and such but i am not. What can i ask for on a lease because they are doing something ? If they dont offer me anything im not buying the car. I am normally not a douche bag but after sitting in an office for literally 5-6 hrs they are going to do something.

sorry for typoes but i am on phone and am not going back lol

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I never dealt with leases. I was strictly sales. So I'm not exactly sure what can be done. I would ask for my first month free atleast.

Blog Entries
    Yea with the lease i asked myself "what the hell am i going to get out of this?" I have always purchased my cars so i could ask for anything but the bf only leases so i wasn't sure what to ask for. The first month free is a good starting point. Either that or some free services.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    That would be good too. Free month and free services.

polarb68111 is offline Junior Member
    with current gas prices I would ask for a couple of fill ups, an oil change or 2, and some free car washes. I had a similar situation here in town and they gave me some oil changes and car washes, If he doesnt budge then walk away. Most other dealerships will have access to the same stuff

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    That is total BS waiting for that long and getting nothing from it. Doubt you will get a free month but I would definately ask for a gas card with like $100 on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    That is total BS waiting for that long and getting nothing from it. Doubt you will get a free month but I would definately ask for a gas card with like $100 on it.
    All the sales guy had to say was at the beginning, "if you take that car is wont be ready until monday." We could have signed all the paperwork and been out of there in time for dinner but he didn't so he will pay.

I like the gas card idea. The women offered 2-300 dollars in parts maybe i can get 2-300 gas card.

Thread Information