Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I don't think its that bad a choice. Considering in the original telling of Conan he was suppose to be from Ancient Samaria, which was supposedly from the North African/Middle Eastern part of the world. But then again, some would argue that he was of ancient Norse heritage which is why Arnold made the perfect person to play him. This guy is Samoan, so I guess it fits closer to that Ancient north African look...I guess.

Either way, I don't think it could ever be remade. Arnold just brought the comic to life and can't be replaced. Does anyone remember when Ralf Mueller played the character for a short period of time? Terrible!!!
    I thought conan was from viking heritage, Cimmeria was supposed to be modern Ukraine, decendants from danes and scotts.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    I thought conan was from viking heritage, Cimmeria was supposed to be modern Ukraine, decendants from danes and scotts.
    Yeah, I thought the same. But the in the original comic/book, the it was spelled Samaria which is the northern part of ancient Isreal. Maybe it was merely a spelling issue and you are corrrect because what you are saying makes much more sense.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Yeah, I thought the same. But the in the original comic/book, the it was spelled Samaria which is the northern part of ancient Isreal. Maybe it was merely a spelling issue and you are corrrect because what you are saying makes much more sense.
    It was spelled Cimmeria.
    The character was to be based from a norse-like country.
    Robert Howard created a fictional land and fictional countries for the stories.

and as far as the actor they picked..... you have to be shitting me.
    over half this forum is bigger than that guy.

In the original stories Conan was supposed to be a giant man.
    Arnold suited the role well. However even he was a bit short.
    I can't believe that hollywood can't find an articulate bodybuilder that is over 270 and closer to seven foot.

Thread Information