doxmaster is offline Associate Member

how effective is physical therapy compared to home physical therapy for tendonitus

Just curious doctor told me I should go physical therapy to help get rid of my bicept tendonitus up by my right shoulder, until the next time I see this guy in 3 weeks and so far the only thing i can find thats different between physical therapy and doing it at home is electric stimulation and ultra sound do they really really make that big of a difference ? So far ive been doing like 2lb curls taking 2-3 325 mg aspirin a day spread out every 4 hours and icing it every few hours for 20 minutes each time any advice ?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    It all depends on the therapist really. Each one will have different techniques. If you do decide to go tell them what you do and what you want to accomplish from the therapy. Otherwise they will just use whatever routine they use on all thier clients young or old.

what am i supposed to tell them i have no clue this is actually my first time ive ever been told go to physical therapy ?

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I went for months for my rotator cuff. The biggest advantage to going to the therapist is they know when to progress you to more demanding treatments. I would have let my ego get in the way and tried to rush things.

I can sort of agree with that its been moths since they figured out my problem and the only though running through my head is how quickly and effectivly can I heal this so I can get back into the gym and get the rest of my old lifestyle back

Just don't rush it. That will only make it worse as you will feel like everytime you start to progress you fall back again.

do know how effective other treatments they have are compared to what I have access to at home ?

What I mean dox is tell them you lift and how important that is to you. They will then be able to progress you like stack said.

thank man this will help alot

Quote Originally Posted by doxmaster View Post
    do know how effective other treatments they have are compared to what I have access to at home ?
    The e-stem would be the big advantage they have. It targets the weak areas directly and strengthens them.

Quote Originally Posted by doxmaster View Post
    thank man this will help alot
    Not a problem brother.

Thread Information