Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Another new trailer

SmokeEater is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Beta 3.9GB download. Final game 10GB download, enough said.
    And here is where the blu ray of the ps3 shines. Now I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but does that mean it will have to be on 2 disk's for the Xbox?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeEater View Post
    And here is where the blu ray of the ps3 shines. Now I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but does that mean it will have to be on 2 disk's for the Xbox?
    A blue-ray can hold up to 25GB but the past has ALWAYS shown that console versions are "dumbed down." DICE has announced many times that the PC has "received special attention" when it comes to graphics and game play. I for one could def notice the change with the beta. I went out and bought a MSI GTX 580 lightning (high end video card) and the game was pushing this card to the limits ! Now considering i paid $540.00 just for the video card you know the card in the PS3 isn't anywhere near as powerful. For this reason, lack of hardware, i can't see the console version being the same as the PC.

SmokeEater is offline New Member
    While being a console junky myself, it's sad but understandable the pc version will be better. I think we're seeing the limits of the current generation consoles. The thing I'm most jealous of is the player cap on the multiplayer part. Im guessing the cap on console multiplayer is 16, is it 32 on pc?

Blog Entries
    I think its 32 on console but 64 on PC. The fact is PC hardware goes obsolete in a year and there is no difference with consoles. So if you look at the PS3 release date which is 2006, it's no wonder PS3 games look like crap compared to PC's. I have never, ever owned a PC part that long in my life of computing. I completely replace/build a new PC every 2-3 years. Even with completely rebuilding every two years i still upgrade certain parts within that time period. For example: I upgraded my video card (GTX580) from the card i first built my PC with (XFX 5850).

So in my eyes buying a console is a total waste of money. The only luxury you have is that you can just pop in a CD and not have to worry about system requirements/framerates but that luxury comes at a cost of sacrificed graphics and gameplay.

Ruckus is offline New Member
    CANT WAIT =]. 3 more days!!

The Situation is offline Associate Member
    Cod all day

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Midnight release tonight at my Gamestop. They are having a party with a DJ and cupcakes, as I was informed by the counter girl...haha.

Haha isn't it always fun to see what kind of people show up for the mid night lines.

Ruckus is offline New Member
    ill just wait for the next day to get it =P.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
    Haha isn't it always fun to see what kind of people show up for the mid night lines.
    The only people that wait in lines are retards. I pre-ordered the game online. Not only was it easy but because i re-ordered the game i get to pre-download the game which i have already done. So the second the servers go up i am able to play.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    The only people that wait in lines are retards. I pre-ordered the game online. Not only was it easy but because i re-ordered the game i get to pre-download the game which i have already done. So the second the servers go up i am able to play.
    u could order offline and have them deliver to your house by day of release on xbox

cbr07 is offline New Member
    My son is dieing to play it I already gave him a early Christmas present that goes along with the game. A 32 lcd for his room!

Quote Originally Posted by cbr07 View Post
    My son is dieing to play it I already gave him a early Christmas present that goes along with the game. A 32 lcd for his room!
    What a dad!

BF3 rocks by the way

Anyone get it yet? If so how's the online play?

Quote Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
    Anyone get it yet? If so how's the online play?
    I've had a little trouble connecting to matches and got dropped from a couple, but it doesn't take more than 2 minutes to get into one. The online play is awesome, just like it was in BF2.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure the connection problems will be fixed soon. It's always like that at first with new games.

Yeah. I was playing earlier today and now I can't connect at all. Wack.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I don't think we will see DSM for about 3 months.

Blog Entries
    I can't believe they haven't fix the mouse binding bug. WTF @#$#@ DICE , DIE !!!!!!!!!!
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm not all up on the new games these days... i'm still negotiating fvcking TF2 ... but what about this new Batman game? Looks pretty sick...

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't believe they haven't fix the mouse binding bug. WTF @#$#@ DICE , DIE !!!!!!!!!!
    mine bound

I was having a sick session last night as an attacker while building up my recon class...then the EA server dropped me. Grrrrr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    mine bound
    What mouse do you use? I have the Logitech 500. When I click a mouse column and his side thumb mouse button it doesn't recongnize it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I'm not all up on the new games these days... i'm still negotiating fvcking TF2 ... but what about this new Batman game? Looks pretty sick...
    I just sold a batman key for like 20 bucks.lol. I got it for free and just wantEd to get rid of it.

What mouse do you use? I have the Logitech 500. When I click a mouse column and his side thumb mouse button it doesn't recongnize it.
    logitech mx518...bound both side buttons and wheel button

Blog Entries
    I found the problem. I am kicking ass now.

trix1000 is offline Junior Member
    Whos up for the co-op games. Friend me on ps3 GSX-R1KNYC. With your forum handle so I can accept.

Blog Entries
    Wanna go hardcore with me trix?

trix1000 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Wanna go hardcore with me trix?
    Never tried the multiplayer part yet but I'll give it a shot. I'm a sick heli pilot though I can tell you that lol

got my 3 24" 1920x1200 monitors hooked up and running with the new bf3 patch...so here's 5760x1200 for you DSM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1420.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	593.0 KB 
ID:	118199

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    imma get this game i hear some good things

will_work is offline Associate Member
    i got this for ps3.. i suck at bf3 but really good at mw3 online.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    got my 3 24" 1920x1200 monitors hooked up and running with the new bf3 patch...so here's 5760x1200 for you DSM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1420.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	593.0 KB 
ID:	118199
    Looks very nice ! Do the boarders on the monitors bother you at all while playing?

Blog Entries

Looks very nice ! Do the boarders on the monitors bother you at all while playing?
    no i don't notice them..when playing an fps i set the desktop resolution to ignore the bezels like in the pic above where you can see a bench split even between the bezels...the vid driver's allow for "bezel correction" though, where the bezel's become like the a pillars in your car (blind spots), where instead of being split in half, the bench would be "behind" the bezel's. This mode works best in driving sims where your monitors and their bezel's become your windshield. if you look carefully, you'll also notice the side monitors images are stretched somewhat. This is done to simulate what we see in our periphery. It's very nice having a peripheral vision in an fps...now i don't have to look to the left or right to see if a path is clear before rounding a corner or something like that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information