Thread: Formal Apology

Skyler! is offline Banned

Formal Apology

I know I left here on a bad note, and I just wanted to say a few things.

First, before I get into anything, I know that I was banned. I assumed that I was going to be banned before I left, and I know this means I am nolonger welcome here. As such, I am expecting this account to be deleted shortly after I post this (for obvious reasons).

I did, however, want to formally apologize.

I first started reading this forum when I was just 15 years old, but did not create an account, or take part in anything. I did frequently utilize this sight, and all of the available information, though.
    In June of last year, I decided I would give the forums a try. I have never been into video games, computers, forums, etc, so I had no experience in a virtual community, and was never quite sure how to just let some things go, or deal with problems I encountered. Also, as was made obvious, I did not have the best manners.

I never hid my face, my name, or my details. These were personal choices made for personal reasons. For any of you who spoke with me on a private level, you may remember me trying to stress that I did not, and still do not, feel that I am better than anyone else, and of all the faiths or beliefs someone could have, my individual beliefs fall very close to Buddhism.
    Unfortunately, I never conducted myself in a way that would portray that. The way I live my every day life, deal with real world problems, etc. is something I am very comfortable with, and have gotten better at over the years. As most of you probably remember, though, I was very bad at dealing with my frustrations and problems here.

To get to the point.

I love every aspect of working out, and the lifestyle surrounding it. I have always trained more for powerlifting, with a very short run at bodybuilding, which I discovered did not suit me at all. I do love to be apart of all aspects of fitness, though. I enjoy and appreciate reading, talking about, and listening to everyone's individual goals, aspirations, and experiences.
    When I started posting here, I did not take it very seriously. Over time, though, I began to take it more and more seriously, to a point where I always had the AR window open on my computer, so I could keep track of all the latest threads, posts, etc. I began to remember individuals, learn their personality types (if only their virtual personality), the senses of humor, etc.
    I crossed a line, though. Unfortunately, I forgot to separate the forum from real life. Late last year, I started having a lot of personal issues, relating to my marriage, my family, my job, my friends, etc. When the stress got to high, and I was having a hard time dealing with things, I would come to this forum for an "escape". Well, that was a bad move, because suddenly I was becoming outraged and pissed off about things that would have never bothered me before. Eventually, I lost it.

I have no excuse for how I acted. I do not offer any reasoning as justification of the things I said. I recently went back and read that post, and I can honestly say that I didn't even recognize it. I could not believe it was me writing those things. I do not know now what I was thinking, or what I felt was being accomplished, but I am sorry for it.

I do not expect a "welcome back". I do not expect people to tell me it was ok. I do not expect anything, really.

I just wanted to let every here know that I enjoyed their company very much. I enjoyed the jokes, the humor, the knowledge, the advice, etc.

DSM, I am sorry calling you out individually. From my very first day here, I actually always hoped to get along with you, as you have always come across as being very well educated, even tempered, and funny.

Fireguy, I appreciate all the advice you gave me when I wanted to do a bodybuilding show. Even when i was saying some stupid sh1t that you have probably heard a thousand times, you were still very patient, and very helpful. Thankyou.

Cal, I enjoyed your reactions to KP and other members ALMOST as much as you enjoy fat women.

KP, you are ugly as fvck, but you are also as wide as a house, so it's ok.

Marcus, I don't need to remind you of anything you already know as far as your status goes. I did want to show my appreciation to you and the work you do here before I left. Rather than the very last post I make being an irrational one.

Standby, you have a strange talent. You have always been the one member on this board who can agree or disagree with anyone, at any time, about anything, and someone never offend a single person, ever. I really appreciated you having my back on a few of the older post, and helping me find the words when I was too computer illiterate you know how to transfer my thoughts onto a post.

Slimmer, we never interacted much, but I did call you out for no reason. You have accomplished a record amount in an unbelievably short time on this board, and you have earned every thing you have received (praise, friendship, title, etc). You are one of the few female members I ever came across that had a true passion for what you are doing, and actually wanted to spend your time helping people, even the people who probably didn't deserve it. I congratulate you on your new title, and apologize for any negativity I showed you.

Shol'va, you were always a good dude to me. Your humor is a little corny and dry, but you make up for it. Thanks for letting me vent to you so many times when I let stupid shit get to me.

I know there are a lot more people here, but I have already drug this out pretty far, and I don't want this to be any longer than it has to be.

I appreciate this board, the forums, the site, the vast amount of knowledge made available, and the dedication that so many of you show, by sacrificing your personal time and devoting it to helping thousands of people, free of charge. What I did was uncool, uncalled for, and I deserved to be banned.

P.S.
    Haz, if you thought I would actually come back and write this entire thing and not mention you, you are getting rusty. I hate your enormous triceps, if you were really a good dude, and wanted to help the members of this board, you should consider donating some of that excess tricep of yours to KP, god knows he needs all he can get. (just joking, all in good fun).

And to all a good night

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have been where you were (personal problems pushing their way into every aspect of my life) and can say "keep moving forward, it gets better."

We never interacted, but I read your posts when I came across them in threads. You seemed to be a good guy that couldn't let stuff roll off your back. Sounds like you are learning that valuable internet necessity.

Not sure what the official policy is on people rejoining to make a final statement, but I would say your final statement is a good one.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Takes a lot to come back here and admit that you were wrong. Props to you for that. I could tell right before the blowup your temper was getting shorter. I just figured it to be from the cutting diet and stress from trying to prepare for competition. I see now it was a lot more than that and I hope things have smoothed out in your life.

Much respect

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I only skimmed your Bojangles type post, but didn't see myself mentioned at all....Re ban.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I got a mention, i demand we reinstate him !

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Thanks Skyler. Appreciate hearing this.

SM

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Nice to hear you are on the road back buddy. Life can knock the heck out of us if we let it. Admitting and Learning to deal with those stresses is the first step. I wish you well. I dont know if you can return as its out of my hands, but I have no problem with you returning.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Asshole!!!... welcome back

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    AHAHAHAHA... Stevey just gave you the clap!!!

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Anybody know that song that goes "its too late to apologize...its to late"...thats a REALLY great song....love it!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I remember some of the stuff you said to DSM... I dunno mate, some of that was over the top

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Ill be honest, that post was to long, stopped me from reading any of it.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    sometimes when something is broke, it can't be fixed. but it's good to see you've been thinking about your behavior, and as a person, it sounds like maybe you've grown some from it?

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    Take guts to do what you just did bro.

olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Wether they let you stay or not who knows,but you had the balls & decency to apologise and admit you were wrong,Well done and good look

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    I remember you said something along the lines of most people on here are not up to a standard or something like that. That the likes of Marcus, Fireguy, KP and others that i cant remember are the only one's who are near to your standard.

We're all hear learning, all here to help eachother. Some guys it will take a bit longer for it to sink in for what they have to do, god i should know....but that gives you no right to say sh1t about people.

I actually thought you were a good guy, think i first met you on another forum and you helped me out and gave me encouragement. I appreciated that and still do. Even subscribed to your youtube channel and enjoyed your videos (although a proper Irish beer in your beer testing vids would have been better)

As many people know on here, im not one to speak out of turn or get angry quickly, but that just really pissed me off

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    Didnt he apologize once after her was banned and then get banned 4 days later or something>?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I hope you have got your life back in line, all the best. Did you ever test any Aussie beer?

Thread Information