D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries

Mom paints boy's toenails in J.Crew ad

http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/1...-in-j-crew-ad/

And the caption, in case you can't see it says:

"Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink. Toenail painting is way more fun in neon."

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I really hope Russian fires a nuke over here and just kills everyone. Maybe that will help put thins into perspective.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Russia wouldn't be high on my list of nuclear threats to the US.

And since that isn't happening anytime soon, I'm still really not comfortable with a mother painting her sons toenails pink.

No one else sees anything "off" about that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Russia wouldn't be high on my list of nuclear threats to the US.

And since that isn't happening anytime soon, I'm still really not comfortable with a mother painting her sons toenails pink.

No one else sees anything "off" about that?
    The only thing i see "off" is your thinking. The kid could careless what color she is painting his toenails. He loves the attention and the affection from his mother. His mother just so happen to love the color pink. Anyone who makes a big deal either has WAY to much time on their hands or are truly homophobic.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Love J. Crew's clothes. Wish they would put a store in the ME

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    The only thing i see "off" is your thinking. The kid could careless what color she is painting his toenails. He loves the attention and the affection from his mother. His mother just so happen to love the color pink.
    So where is the line drawn? The mother dresses the young boy up like a girl, and he's happy because he got attention and affection from her?

Anyone who makes a big deal either has WAY to much time on their hands
    Time on my hands? It was on the news this morning while I was doing cardio. Thought it would make for good discussion.

or are truly homophobic.
    I don't see the connection between traditional gender roles and homophobia. Enlighten me, please.

Blog Entries
    So where is the line drawn? The mother dresses the young boy up like a girl, and he's happy because he got attention and affection from her?

Time on my hands? It was on the news this morning while I was doing cardio. Thought it would make for good discussion.

I don't see the connection between traditional gender roles and homophobia. Enlighten me, please.
    I agree there is "a line" but she hasn't crossed any of them in this case. Why should this even make news stands?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i was wondering why they aired the commercial as well? i am pretty sure this was all planned as a great marketing scheme to get more attention. i say brilliant! now, i do not think that a mom should be painting a boy's toenails. not a homophobe or anything just do not think it should be shown. i do not know one guy that has had his mom paint his toes, or even ask to? well, i think it was all a big marketing plan to gain attention and i think it worked to perfection.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i was wondering why they aired the commercial as well? i am pretty sure this was all planned as a great marketing scheme to get more attention. i say brilliant! now, i do not think that a mom should be painting a boy's toenails. not a homophobe or anything just do not think it should be shown. i do not know one guy that has had his mom paint his toes, or even ask to? well, i think it was all a big marketing plan to gain attention and i think it worked to perfection.
    Agree 100%. If my local news source reported on things like this i would drop them in a heartbeat.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    It was on CNN this morning

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    and fox news

Blog Entries
    It was on CNN this morning
    I saw in your link and was a little shocked. Is there really not enough $hit going on to right now to report on other than some boys toenails !? I would still consider a different source. I find that BBC news to be pretty good.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    DSM, all local news report stupid shit like this, so please dont act surprised. the local news kills me down here in ft. laud but some of it is just funny.

agree its great marketing but also agree its sad, its the way things are headed nowadays. and u no im not homophob, but someone should knock that woman upside her head, she is raising a girly-boy.....

D7M
    Blog Entries
    I saw in your link and was a little shocked. Is there really not enough $hit going on to right now to report on other than some boys toenails !? I would still consider a different source. I find that BBC news to be pretty good.
    That, or Fox

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    DSM, all local news report stupid shit like this, so please dont act surprised. the local news kills me down here in ft. laud but some of it is just funny.

agree its great marketing but also agree its sad, its the way things are headed nowadays. and u no im not homophob, but someone should knock that woman upside her head, she is raising a girly-boy.....
    Which is why i dont read local news anymore.

We have many feminine men that contribute to this board like stack it and cal.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    fvking hillarious my friend....

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    the blog person said it best...

Two war fronts, record unemployment, and a barely functioning government - and yet this somehow worthy of news coverage. CNN, shake your head!!!

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Which is why i dont read local news anymore.

asshole!!!!

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't watch Faux News, but I do watch CNN and I noticed on the CNN website the reason why it's such a big deal is because many conservatives organizations have made a stink about it. I'm no homophobe, I have two sons, and I think I would have probably hit the roof if my wife would have painted my sons toenails...any color! I don't think it a sign of the boys sexuality (as it has already been proven that sexuality isn't a choice), but I do have a problem with the attempt to feminize the boy. But hell if John Boehner can cry at the drop of a hat and wear pink ties, why should conservatives have a problem with what this woman does with her kid. Its the boy's father who should have an issue not anyone else.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I read that on foxnews.com the other day and wanted to post it here. Didn't have time.

1. I couldn't believe this was national news. But, I guess not everything needs to be rape, murder, war and politics.

2. I could not believe the comments section. How can people think this is the end of the world? It seams completely harmless to me.

3. I wore black and dark blue fingernail polish when I was in my late teens and then again in my late twenties. Why not? Screw you (to no one in particular).

4. I think I am as manly as the next guy, but have always been interested in interior and fashion design. So what? Who cares? Not gay.

5. I got an earring when my school wouldn't allow it. Not gay. I had an earring in the top of my ear. Not gay. I had earring in both ears. Still not gay.

6. Queer as Folk came on after some other show I watched and I got addicted. My wife and I own all the seasons on DVD. I am still SO not gay.

7. I have been drunk and slept in the same bed with a gay friend... after hanging out in a gay bar with friends. Several times. Not gay.

These little things like painted nails are ridiculous to have a cow over. Brainwashing? Indoctrination? Feminizing males? How about everyone stops worrying about this stuff and just tries their best to have a loving, healthy family. Make the world a better place by starting with your little chunk of it, not the chunk being watched over by the creative director of a clothing company.

So, that is my over-sharing two cents worth.

yea not worth news coverage right now

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackHappy View Post
    I'd attach the sons nipples to a tazer gun and everytime he wanted to paint his nails I'd pull the trigger and shock him.
    Then I'd shoot the mother in the face.
    Interesting first post.

Blog Entries
    Interesting first post.
    I think someone needs to do some IP checks. I have a feeling a lot of people who aren't welcome here are returning.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    We're all pink on the inside

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    wtf man, why was I excluded from the list? Hater...

Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    We're all pink on the inside
    its too bad I cant post a pic of that =)

As far as the topic at hand... I could care less if a mother and son are having some quality time prettying up her little boy... I dont think it would go over well if it was my son, but I definitely do not think this is important at all as far as being news... theres a ton of boys who play with barbie's instead of GI Joe, who cares.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ^^^^^ oh SNAP!

Technical AND etiquette advice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    ^^^^^ oh SNAP!

Technical AND etiquette advice.
    I would turn BgMc loose on him but all he will do is hug him.

Thread Information