Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    johncalvin is offline Junior Member
    i was tellin my bro the story. told him bout the dodge n he immediately knew who i was talking about. when to that guys house, he said he found my dog walkin on the road so he picked him up( which is bullshit , my dog has gotten out once in the years ive had him). Then he tells us he sold the dog. I lost it at that point but my bro called the cops, they made me go home, n a few minutes ago i got my dog back.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    You´re right on the money!!

When I´m at the grocery store, I don´t go to the deli section to look for lettuce. I go straight to the produce section.....wasting no time.

I see what your point is, so next time you move to a new dwelling with your wife and 2 girls, I would like you to completely disregard the section of town you are moving to, ie. do not profile, since in your opinion race has nothing to do with type or frequency of crimes.
    Exactly man...The op is correct in his thinking. I bet it was the black guy why would that not make sense. He saw someone who did not look like they belonged there (by looked i dont mean race). If he saw some white guy with a shaved head with ****en tattoos on his skull and face I am sure he would think thats odd as well. he said he lives in a white middle-senior aged neighborhood. Lets get ****en real here man. America has become to politically correct and its bullshit. You know who the good people are and you know who are the iffy people are most the time.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Quote Originally Posted by johncalvin View Post
    i was tellin my bro the story. told him bout the dodge n he immediately knew who i was talking about. when to that guys house, he said he found my dog walkin on the road so he picked him up( which is bullshit , my dog has gotten out once in the years ive had him). Then he tells us he sold the dog. I lost it at that point but my bro called the cops, they made me go home, n a few minutes ago i got my dog back.
    good for you man. that would of really sucked. Glad you trusted your instinct.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    Exactly man...The op is correct in his thinking. I bet it was the black guy why would that not make sense. He saw someone who did not look like they belonged there (by looked i dont mean race). If he saw some white guy with a shaved head with ****en tattoos on his skull and face I am sure he would think thats odd as well. he said he lives in a white middle-senior aged neighborhood. Lets get ****en real here man. America has become to politically correct and its bullshit. You know who the good people are and you know who are the iffy people are most the time.
    Great point, and agreed 100%.

Thanks a lot man that means a lot to me.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Slimmer, been meaning to also ask if you'll administer my TRT. I take my shots in the hip BTW.

OP, good luck on the dog. Think positive!!!
    well well well......as I warm up my syringe between my palms....

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Thanks a lot man that means a lot to me.
    So it was the only black guy in your area that took the dog?

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Theres a difference, however subtle, between stereotyping, and profiling. Stereotypes are broad generalizations based on the actions of perceived actions of a few. Profiles, are based on quantitative statistical analysis. Have you ever heard of an FBI "Profiler?" They are able to build an idea about a person who commits crimes, based on statistics related to OTHER people who they have caught, who commit crimes, who also SHARE THE SAME CHARACTERISTICS.

So, is the OP wrong, statistically? African-Americans make up 13% of the United States population, but 60% of the United States prison population.

Now, that is a simple STATISTICAL FACT, that MOST PEOPLE, are too scared to point out, in fear of being labeled a racist. But no one cries or plays the race card if someone points out that 99% of terrorists are Arab speaking, of middle eastern decent. Thats ok, but pointing out the aforementioned isnt? Right.

Fortunately, we live in a society where you cannot be condemned and sent to prison for a crime you didn't commit based solely on the statistical likelyhood that you fit the profile of the suspect (assuming the system works properly, which it does in the majority of cases, and if you have a problem with our system, PLEASE propose a better one, and THEN I will listen to your rampant bitching about our system).

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    It was me...NOW WHAT!!! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Theres a difference, however subtle, between stereotyping, and profiling. Stereotypes are broad generalizations based on the actions of perceived actions of a few. Profiles, are based on quantitative statistical analysis. Have you ever heard of an FBI "Profiler?" They are able to build an idea about a person who commits crimes, based on statistics related to OTHER people who they have caught, who commit crimes, who also SHARE THE SAME CHARACTERISTICS.

So, is the OP wrong, statistically? African-Americans make up 13% of the United States population, but 60% of the United States prison population.

Now, that is a simple STATISTICAL FACT, that MOST PEOPLE, are too scared to point out, in fear of being labeled a racist. But no one cries or plays the race card if someone points out that 99% of terrorists are Arab speaking, of middle eastern decent. Thats ok, but pointing out the aforementioned isnt? Right.

Fortunately, we live in a society where you cannot be condemned and sent to prison for a crime you didn't commit based solely on the statistical likelyhood that you fit the profile of the suspect (assuming the system works properly, which it does in the majority of cases, and if you have a problem with our system, PLEASE propose a better one, and THEN I will listen to your rampant bitching about our system).
    Those stats are a bit skewed, Godfather. Unlike the issue of terrorism, when it comes to conviction rates of African Americans there are other factors you failed to mention. We can go on and on about this and I don't want to hijack this guys thread (It sucks someone stole you dog, brotha. I'd have a fit if someone stole one of mine). But you can't compare the racial profiling of African Americans in property crimes based solely on statistics and that of those of terrorist based on similar statistics.

Besides this mythical fear you are referring to about people not wanting to admit these stats for fear of being labelled racist is unfounded. These stats are brought up all the time by any and everyone who wants to prove either racial inferiority, predisposition to crime, etc. These stats aren't hard to find, nor are they not thrown out there on a regular basis without deeper detail.
    Last edited by BgMc31; 04-22-2011 at 03:01 PM.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Those stats are a bit skewed, Godfather. Unlike the issue of terrorism, when it comes to conviction rates of African Americans there are other factors you failed to mention. We can go on and on about this and I don't want to hijack this guys thread (It sucks someone stole you dog, brotha. I'd have a fit if someone stole one of mine). But you can't compare the racial profiling of African Americans in property crimes based solely on statistics and that of those of terrorist based on similar statistics.

Besides this mythical fear you are referring to about people not wanting to admit these stats for fear of being labelled racist is unfounded. These stats are brought up all the time by any and everyone who wants to prove either racial inferiority, predisposition to crime, etc. These stats aren't hard to find, nor are they not thrown out there on a regular basis without deeper detail.
    Ok, I understand. My point however was that Stereotyping is QUALIITATIVE (i.e.- a person who committed a crime against my uncle, brother, aunt was this race, or a drug dealer usually drives this kind of car with these size rims). Whereas Profiling is simply QUANTITATIVE (i.e.- statistically people who stab someone to death XX number of times, means that the person did so because it was a crime of passion and they knew their victim based on STATISTICS of similar crimes and people convicted of such. So looking at incarceration rates of people based on any NUMBER of metrics, race being one of them, we can draw a profile.

This is him. Idk if i posted it right, i never tried before

heres the link neway http://img59.imageshack.us/i/img01642.png/

Ok, I understand. My point however was that Stereotyping is QUALIITATIVE (i.e.- a person who committed a crime against my uncle, brother, aunt was this race, or a drug dealer usually drives this kind of car with these size rims). Whereas Profiling is simply QUANTITATIVE (i.e.- statistically people who stab someone to death XX number of times, means that the person did so because it was a crime of passion and they knew their victim based on STATISTICS of similar crimes and people convicted of such. So looking at incarceration rates of people based on any NUMBER of metrics, race being one of them, we can draw a profile.
    Thanks for the clarification, Godfather. As usual, I always appreciate your postings.

He looks JUST like the dog I have now...amazing. Glad you got him back. Really am.

Yeah i am too. But man my diet really suffered today. Im bouta binge eat

Good lookin dog!! He's a stump for sure!!

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    Fuk bro, sorry about your lose.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Right on the mark! We are way too consumed with being politically correct. There's been times in my neighborhood where we see someone and the instincts kick-in that something isn't right. This has happened more times with some white guys, but I know of a time or two that it was a few black guys. Society has tried to make everything about race. Funny thing is, when I'm in central LA seeing some customers, I get lots of looks, and not good ones either. Hell, I even asked a guy in the shipping department at one of my customers (who happened to be of African-American descent), "Why do I get looked at negatively in this area?" His response was (as he was laughing), "You're the only cracker crazy enough to drive around here". Of course coming from him, on his turf, that's funny and acceptable. However, if I even hinted something close to equaling his slang, I'd be pulled out for racial remarks. Where does it end? Or better yet, "Can't we all just get along?"

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    well well well......as I warm up my syringe between my palms....
    Keep those palms warming up, I'm overdue for another prostate exam too!

Quote Originally Posted by frignugs View Post
    Fuk bro, sorry about your lose.
    I got him back man lol

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    in laymans terms, most of us know a bad bast@rd when we see one

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    ohh well, than give him a big ol hug and tell him to say no to strangers

yeah really i can't believe he just let someone steal him.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    yeah really i can't believe he just let someone steal him.
    kida weird, id be apprehensive approaching one of those. there must have been a relationship, do ppl groom dogs?

We'll get to the bottom of this..

A Sketch of the perpetrator

Cute pooch man, i'm glad you got him back! So, you gonna give us details of wtf happened or what? What is the brother you thought it was, or your local whitey up the block? Regardless, how'd you get the dog back and is the thief's face smashed in?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    ^^^ ha ha ha.....I will never tell until ready to...hmmmmmmm........roll up your sleeve~
    I'm hoping you have good bedside manners? So before you go sticking me with that thing, do I get a kiss? =)

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'm hoping you have good bedside manners? So before you go sticking me with that thing, do I get a kiss? =)
    i see what you did there, slick old man

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    No! My motives are extremely complex, and therefore very difficult to fathom. =)

oh, you figured out the horndawg thing, huh? =(

how the h3ll did you manage that? I thought for sure no one would notice?

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    You are dead on BJ.Just tell it like it is.Quit all of this ***** footin around.

clemont51 is offline Banned
    Good news! And while I am at it; Death to child and animal abusers.

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by clemont51 View Post
    Good news! And while I am at it; Death to child and animal abusers.
    A huge x2!!!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    BgMc do you have an alibi for the night of the missing dog ?

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    BgMc do you have an alibi for the night of the missing dog ?
    He was busy being chased by the po po. Saw it all unfold on cops. Bad Boys Bad Boys what cha gonna do when they come for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Cute pooch man, i'm glad you got him back! So, you gonna give us details of wtf happened or what? What is the brother you thought it was, or your local whitey up the block? Regardless, how'd you get the dog back and is the thief's face smashed in?
    Exactly.....We never got the story of how the dog was found....

YES to good bedside manners......Florence I am

LOL!

No! My motives are extremely complex, and therefore very difficult to fathom. =)
    Indeed you are....

HEY! am I seeing double here? ADORABLE! JUST ADORABLE!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member

Damn I thought you had a picture of the kolerd fella...I was fixin to get my sheet, robe and rope and make things right....

In all seriousness, I am really sorry to hear of your loss and also sorry your thread took such a bad turn due to some of your emotional comments. On the other hand at least it helped keep your mind busy and let some of your anger diffuse. As far as thinking this guy did it while the evidence may point that way, one time at work after arguing with a coworker I had my keys dissapear out of a cabinet and all of my other coworkers were saying how they saw the guy who I argued with back in the supply room and how I ought to kick his ass etc. Well fortunatly I didn't because about an hour later the parts supplier drove back to our garage and came in saying he was filling the cabinet and accidently took the keys out of the cabinet...Long story short this is why the burden of proof lies with the accusor.

Best of luck with you dog, hopefully he will get away and show up at your doorstep soon.

I just read you got him back, did he show up at the door step with part of the chain hanging from his collar?
    Last edited by Far from massive; 04-23-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Cloe85 is offline Female Member
    Im glad you got your dog back.

Other stories of dogs lost/stolen.... horrible

and giving him away so you couldnt say good-bye,

and especially Ms Kitty... I would be so BS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information