Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SilverBuilt is offline Junior Member

Telling Your Partner?

Hey, I was wondering what experiences people have had about telling their partners about their AAS choice. I know that there should have been some time where I should have casually approached the topic, before starting to date, but since that isn't the case, I was wondering about other people's experiences. Thanks in advance.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    anyone who i have had a serious relationship with i have always told and i have always been honest

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Polynikes is offline New Member
    I was fortunate enough to have a partener with an open mind. She has a good head on her shoulders and tackles situations with a "common sense approach" She was more than willing to listen and to digest the TRUTH about RESPONSIBLE and EDUCATED AAS use. In fact, once she saw the actual results, she became a full supporter. Further more she has a B.S. in bio-chem, so she actually became very interested.

But, that is just an isolated case, and like I said, I got lucky. It all depends on the person your dealing with and more importantly how you approach it. Alot of my buddies do their best to "hide" their use from their significant others, which I do NOT support. Sooner or later, your other half will figure something out, weather they find your "stash" (and they will) or they start wondering about your sudden change in physical appearance/and in alot of cases your attitude.

The way I see it; why bother making your life miserable for yourself and and your spouse by constantly attempting to hide a big part of your daily routine? Totally not worth it, and if you truly don't think she will hear anything of it; then you either should not be using or you should move on.

Besides, your mate will take comfort in the fact that you choose to be totally upfront with them about your decision. It is only when you decided to drop the "bomb" on them halfway through your cycle, or worse, they find out on their own. Then they will be hurt you have decided to hide something like this from them, it will damage the trust in the relationship, and they won't be as inclined to LISTEN.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    you can be honest with her and everything is peachy and you live a great life....you can be honest with her everything is peachy then you have a bad break up and 1 million things can go wrong from there. Or you can just not tell her and pound away at the vag.

Cloe85 is offline Female Member
    I think the important part to telling someone is first explaining what gear is, how its used, why its used and so on. Answer all the little questions, so she understands what it is.

Then if you get that far and all is relatively well understood, then expain that you want to or are going to run a cycle/are running a cycle. And again, answer all the little questions.

I think getting her to understand what it is all about, and not like street drugs... even though you will be pinning, explaining how its so very different.

Dont forget to explain that gear is not going to hurt you because you know what your talking about and have the reasearch to back you up etc...

I think thats a good approach.

If she doesnt get it and cant deal with it... better to know now before the relationship goes further... or then again, you can change your life for her :/

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Mine did my first injection for one run I did. So yeah, I guess you could say she knew about it.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Flier is offline Productive Member
    "Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in the court of law." ..... :-))

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    If you feel the need to hide anything from your significant other, then you are in the wrong relationship. Lying is my biggest pet peve. Why would you ant to be with someone that doesnt accept who you are or what you do?

Thanks to all for the advice. I'm a big supporter of being up front and honest. I definitely agree that if it bothered them, then we probably wouldn't be compatible. That is not to say that I don't believe it would be equally valid for my partner, but I think that it's a little too early for making changes like that.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i asked for permission, her reply was "can i get some hcg too?"

but i haven't started anything yet

ha ha ha, that sounds like a nice married man. I sure I would by how much you get by asking nicely.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Yes, be up front and honest. (hear that haz ! )

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Sometimes they're a cheating whoring, low life piece of crap and don't deserve your honesty. Oh wait were talking about steroids .

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Don't tell her. You get mad and it's automatically roid rage . Every argument it will be brought up.

I could see maybe telling a wife after a few years of a good marriage but never tell a gf.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    My wife supports me 100%

X83
    X83 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Don't tell her. You get mad and it's automatically roid rage . Every argument it will be brought up.

I could see maybe telling a wife after a few years of a good marriage but never tell a gf.
    I agree with you 100% !!!

They'll just use it against you in some way...... don't tell her squat.

mase1834 is offline New Member
    Keep it to yourself!!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I am on TRT, so my wife knows I do that (obviously). If I decided to blast, it would be under the watchful eye of my doc and I would probably tell my wife.

Thanks all again for the advice. I'll let the board know how it goes....

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Fvck that noise..... Don't tell her unless you know for a fact that she wont care. Once you bring it up...... she's been locked in. She'll always be looking for you to get bigger...... she'll be looking for acne...... and you will have to give up any dreams you had of getting big and maybe competing if it's your thing. (unless you do all natty)

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. If shes just a girlfriend then you have no reason to tell her. She might like that body at the beach when she can show you off but if you break up with her..... .that body will be going to someone else and she will have all the dirt on you.

Keep it to yourself..... it's safer..... and smarter!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    good relationships are based on well kept secrets. Nobody needs to know everything about thier significant other. ^^ Haz has become a pro at keeping it to himself as i've read in past threads

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    good relationships are based on well kept secrets. Nobody needs to know everything about thier significant other. ^^ Haz has become a pro at keeping it to himself as i've read in past threads
    ^^^^ Smart man right there

Yea man..... the only thing shes ok with is HGH and thats ONLY because she can use it too. I've tried talking to her about things and she closes her mind to it. No exceptions...... i'm not allowed. So i've gotten to 255lbs on a high protein diet and "on and off" use of cell-tech

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Well considering it's against the law, why would you ever do anything to put your wife/partner in a position that she may have to lie for you?

If she does not know, she cannot be used against you, god forbid anything happen, or be put in position she is arrested for perjury.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    ^^^5th amendment gives one the right not to testify against ones spouse. At least in the U.S. don't know about other parts of the world

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't even tell her. She would die!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Fvck that noise..... Don't tell her unless you know for a fact that she wont care. Once you bring it up...... she's been locked in. She'll always be looking for you to get bigger...... she'll be looking for acne...... and you will have to give up any dreams you had of getting big and maybe competing if it's your thing. (unless you do all natty)

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. If shes just a girlfriend then you have no reason to tell her. She might like that body at the beach when she can show you off but if you break up with her..... .that body will be going to someone else and she will have all the dirt on you.

~Haz~
    not everyone has a bi-polar wife

mine knows and got no issue with it not to mention I am on TRT as well.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

~Haz~
    fuk yeah, just fukken lie!

she knows test (trt, not cycle)

Wow, this thread really changed it's tune. And there are obvious reasons why one wouldn't, but I'm wondering what the potential biological risks to her of not telling her. I wonder if there is any risk of passive exposure that would be detrimental. For example, if she were pregnant would this put her or the baby at any potential risk?

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBuilt View Post
    Wow, this thread really changed it's tune. And there are obvious reasons why one wouldn't, but I'm wondering what the potential biological risks to her of not telling her. I wonder if there is any risk of passive exposure that would be detrimental. For example, if she were pregnant would this put her or the baby at any potential risk?
    Only if you are using gels or creams for TRT as it can rub off onto her and mess with her and possibly the baby. There have been cases where some women have gotten a pronounced adams apple, lowered voices and facial hair growth from these gels and creams rubbing off their husbands during intimate contact.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Well considering it's against the law, why would you ever do anything to put your wife/partner in a position that she may have to lie for you?

If she does not know, she cannot be used against you, god forbid anything happen, or be put in position she is arrested for perjury.
    Plausable Deniability

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBuilt View Post
    Lets face it when women get around there friends and there isnt anything exciting to talk about, your steroid use may be the next topic of conversation!

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    I'm open to my wife she even helps inject sometimes....

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I don't get how people can keep it form there partners...

My relationship is just not like that at all...

It's just normal to my GF..

She will walk in and I will be in the kitchen with my pants down pinning myself and my m8 will be doing the same...

I can see this going down hill... Go on DSM... Out gay that... Lol
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

bigjoe30 is offline Associate Member
    love this one!! i wish that was how it went for me but i didn't tell my wife and she found out because one of these boards i was on and it was like i cheated on her and was smoking crack!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    you can be honest with her and everything is peachy and you live a great life....you can be honest with her everything is peachy then you have a bad break up and 1 million things can go wrong from there. Or you can just not tell her and pound away at the vag.
    Last edited by bigjoe30; 05-01-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Gotcha, that's what I was thinking. I know that most gels are mild, but still something to consider. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I don't get how people can keep it form there partners...

My relationship is just not like that at all...

It's just normal to my GF..

She will walk in and I will be in the kitchen with my pants down pinning myself and my m8 will be doing the same...

I can see this going down hill... Go on DSM... Out gay that... Lol
    You live in the states?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    You live in the states?
    Nah I think he is a pommy

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    You live in the states?
    England, UK
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    When I knew my relationship was serious, before we got engaged I told her about it. Wanted her to know before she decided to marry me or not. Now she cycles with me.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    England, UK
    That makes a big difference. Aas is looked down upon much more here in the states so people are less likely to be open minded about it's use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information