Thread: tax question

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member

tax question

I've got a kid on the way around december, im not working right now and my wife doesn't make much cash being a waitress. Could we claim our child? Or is it to late in the year? If we can, how much money would we be looking at?

I know im a bum and you guys are probably thinking "why isn't this douche working?!?"
    I just can't seem to find a steady decent paying job. Im trying though.

Bump.

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Don't quote me, but before you listen to any free advice from us clowns/whores, there's plenty of accountants you can call with simple questions like this.

1. I believe you can claim them if they were born this year for 2011 taxes.
    2. It's a deduction for a dependent; the amount is set by the federal govt.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I can only intelligently answer one part of your question.

Any children you have as of the end of the calendar year (tax year) you may claim as a dependent and receive the child tax credit as well (unless too old)

i'm not going to touch the "how much money we looking at" question. too vague, not enough information.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I can only intelligently answer one part of your question.

Any children you have as of the end of the calendar year (tax year) you may claim as a dependent and receive the child tax credit as well (unless too old)

i'm not going to touch the "how much money we looking at" question. too vague, not enough information.

Thanks alot, asshole.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    how are you jucing with no job? i barely have any money after my food and protein

Thankfully my last job paid damn good, but working 80 hours a week labor...that sucks. So im just sitting on a big chunk of change right now

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    Thanks alot, asshole.
    I don't usually float my resume, but fyi, i am a CPA, and do know what i am talking about.

I am not going to give you half asss information when there is no quality information from you to work with initially.

As a professional, I typically do not provide anything other than general information, which I have already given you. It seems you want me to calculate your returns for you and tell you how much you can expect to receive back in a future period? the basic formuila is taxable income x tax rate = tax liability. Tax Payments minus tax liability = refund (amount due)

You give me three sentences of "information" and then call me an asshole after I try to help you?

You know what? I'm ok with that. Doesn't bother me. Call me what you want if it makes you feel good.

Cheers mate!
    ---Roman

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I don't usually float my resume, but fyi, i am a CPA, and do know what i am talking about.

I am not going to give you half asss information when there is no quality information from you to work with initially.

As a professional, I typically do not provide anything other than general information, which I have already given you. It seems you want me to calculate your returns for you and tell you how much you can expect to receive back in a future period? the basic formuila is taxable income x tax rate = tax liability. Tax Payments minus tax liability = refund (amount due)

You give me three sentences of "information" and then call me an asshole after I try to help you?

You know what? I'm ok with that. Doesn't bother me. Call me what you want if it makes you feel good.

Cheers mate!
    ---Roman
    I think I was just called "no quality information"...

Thanks a lot, asshole!

Thread Information