Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    At any club/bar you still have the social aspect bro... Ya need to get that down and you'll be good to go

oscarjones is offline Banned
    I always picture bouncers as big black buys. To be honest I'm always disappointed when I don't see a huge-black-assed-ronnie-coleman looking bouncer at a clubs...

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post
    I always picture bouncers as big black buys. To be honest I'm always disappointed when I don't see a huge-black-assed-ronnie-coleman looking bouncer at a clubs...
    ????????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrah View Post
    idk what to do I want to do it and what if I worked at a place like culture room? The majority of people there are skinny emokids/potheads. Realistically though I'm probably not gonna get hired like gixxer said places probably want 21+
    at only 18yrs old, id advise a bit more life experience b4 going into doorwork. what about event security, concerts etc? they're much easier going and 99% you wouldnt ever see anyone you'd had a prob with again

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Being tough is a hell of a lot more important than being big. If you show fear, you're gonna get hurt. Plain and simple. In this game, you're not allowed to be intimidated.

TBrah is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    at only 18yrs old, id advise a bit more life experience b4 going into doorwork. what about event security, concerts etc? they're much easier going and 99% you wouldnt ever see anyone you'd had a prob with again
    I'm trying to look online right now for 2 events I know of that would need a lot of security but I can't find a way to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    Being tough is a hell of a lot more important than being big. If you show fear, you're gonna get hurt. Plain and simple. In this game, you're not allowed to be intimidated.
    makes sense. too bad I can't go to a real mma gym that would def be to my benefit but theyre so expensive to be a member of so I would have to get the job first

I just want a job that will let me get big make just enough for my gym membership, chicken, and my cycles. I have a motorcycle that I'm currently parting out so I have a little while before things get rly bad.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I'm trying to look online right now for 2 events I know of that would need a lot of security but I can't find a way to apply.

makes sense. too bad I can't go to a real mma gym that would def be to my benefit but theyre so expensive to be a member of so I would have to get the job first

I just want a job that will let me get big make just enough for my gym membership, chicken, and my cycles. I have a motorcycle that I'm currently parting out so I have a little while before things get rly bad.
    go to the website for the places that hold events. Stadiums, halls or fairgrounds.

Any job will allow you to get big. Don't think a normal job is going to limit you.

Ever think about working the check-in counter at a gym? It would force you to be minimally social and after you saw the same people coming in regularly you would naturally open up more as you grew more comfortable. Plus you'd get a discount on a membership, make some $ and being in that environment would give you even more drive to workout. lots of benefits man... and to get a physical job like mentioned above to justify your size, i think thats a bad reason..

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    TBrah, ever thought about getting into Event Organising? Be a good way to communicate with people.

Alterantively, any sort of job that involves Customer Service is another plus if you want a job that forces you to interact with people all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    go to the website for the places that hold events. Stadiums, halls or fairgrounds.

Any job will allow you to get big. Don't think a normal job is going to limit you.
    I'm doing that right now, thanks. I don't know about all jobs though. My 2nd job I was working open10am to close 11pmwith a 15minute meal break at 3ish. The money was great but everybody else doing that job was 140ish because you had to be running around the whole time. On the weekends you can't even get to a gym with hours like that because usually they close early. My first job though would have been great it was minimum wage but every 4 hours I got a 30 minute meal break + a 15 minute break.

Quote Originally Posted by JASC View Post
    Ever think about working the check-in counter at a gym? It would force you to be minimally social and after you saw the same people coming in regularly you would naturally open up more as you grew more comfortable. Plus you'd get a discount on a membership, make some $ and being in that environment would give you even more drive to workout. lots of benefits man... and to get a physical job like mentioned above to justify your size, i think thats a bad reason..
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    TBrah, ever thought about getting into Event Organising? Be a good way to communicate with people.

Alterantively, any sort of job that involves Customer Service is another plus if you want a job that forces you to interact with people all the time.
    yeah I applied for a few spots at my gym but I'm pretty sure they think I'm doing steroids . My guardian tells me I look fukd up and nobody will hire me for a customer service job. I keep my hair buzzed just so I don't sweat so much, I have acne on my temples pretty bad but I usually where a hat to hide it, visible tattoos, and visible stretch marks running down my arms even with a shirt on you can see them. I notice usually the people at the front desk are very clean cut, no tats, no acne, not on steroids mediumlength hair. Same as any other positions where you're the first contact.

I'm doing that right now, thanks. I don't know about all jobs though. My 2nd job I was working open10am to close 11pmwith a 15minute meal break at 3ish. The money was great but everybody else doing that job was 140ish because you had to be running around the whole time. On the weekends you can't even get to a gym with hours like that because usually they close early. My first job though would have been great it was minimum wage but every 4 hours I got a 30 minute meal break + a 15 minute break.

yeah I applied for a few spots at my gym but I'm pretty sure they think I'm doing steroids. My guardian tells me I look fukd up and nobody will hire me for a customer service job. I keep my hair buzzed just so I don't sweat so much, I have acne on my temples pretty bad but I usually where a hat to hide it, visible tattoos, and visible stretch marks running down my arms even with a shirt on you can see them. I notice usually the people at the front desk are very clean cut, no tats, no acne, not on steroids mediumlength hair. Same as any other positions where you're the first contact.
    Well on the first job you should have had more breaks. If it was a legitimate job there are labor laws that require breaks.

tattoo depending on what they are and where they are can def hurt you. The acne i wouldnt worry about. Maybe try the hair a little longer. Maybe the combo of the shaved head and tats aren't good. Still keep it short if you like it but give it a little style.

How are you dressing when you go to places to ask about a job?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    don't you have aspergers? do you have that in order? how the hell do you expect to work at a social place like a club/bar, when you can even talk to women!!!!! no offense, but go get yourself straightened up before you think of working at a place like that!

You need one thing; confidence. Your lack of social skills is because you don't have any confidence. Good hygiene, dressing nicely, taking care of yourself, and staying in shape will enhance your confidence. You don't need the attitude of the alpha male, but you cannot let your insecurities stop you from having a personal life. Get out more, start doing things---sports, shopping, partying. Put yourself around people your age and start to mingle. You're going to be one depressed young man if you don't change your ways.

How are you dressing when you go to places to ask about a job?
    I wear a black collared shirt with khaki pants and dress shoes. I always used to see kids just wearing regular clothes when they came into apply I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by trying to dress up or not I always feel funny. I can try growing my hair a little more to where it's black usually I keep it so short that it's gray.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    don't you have aspergers? do you have that in order? how the hell do you expect to work at a social place like a club/bar, when you can even talk to women!!!!! no offense, but go get yourself straightened up before you think of working at a place like that!
    if I go to counselling again I'm gonna be talking to some creepy cat lady telling me to do exercises that she got out of her community college textbook. Other people can talk to women and work in social places no problem it's something they don't even have to think about it I'll just be conciously aware of what I'm trying to do but I just have to practice.

repost
    Last edited by TBrah; 07-27-2011 at 01:23 PM.

I wear a black collared shirt with khaki pants and dress shoes. I always used to see kids just wearing regular clothes when they came into apply I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by trying to dress up or not I always feel funny. I can try growing my hair a little more to where it's black usually I keep it so short that it's gray.
    What you are wearing is perfect. Maybe try a lighter color shirt. Can you see your tats when you go? And what are your tats of?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

if I go to counselling again I'm gonna be talking to some creepy cat lady telling me to do exercises that she got out of her community college textbook. Other people can talk to women and work in social places no problem it's something they don't even have to think about it I'll just be conciously aware of what I'm trying to do but I just have to practice. Plus the copays for the sessions are a problem now
    i understand the copays, its a tough world out there. i just wanted you to think about the situation some. always dress to impress, first impression is everything! haven't you learned that from your last incident?

What you are wearing is perfect. Maybe try a lighter color shirt. Can you see your tats when you go? And what are your tats of?
    yeah I could get a white one that would probably be better. You can see the sleeve on my arm but that's it and it's not anything bad.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post
    Sounds a little gay...lol

well I just made a call after finally finding the number to the even ground. I kept calling boxoffice websites by mistake. I left a voicemail hopefully they get back to me.
    lol ok nevermind to that one they called back and told me to call next february
    Last edited by TBrah; 07-27-2011 at 02:13 PM.

ShadowWarrior646 is offline New Member
    I've been thinking about it lately, too. The job market in my area is dim at best. PPl say I'm a big guy, but I'm about average big, if I lean out to 15%BF I might top 190..
    Someone my wife works with does the bar/nightclub bouncer thing on weekends and suggested I look into it.. but I'm the type to not be concerned with talking someone out of a fight; if I'm threatened I start fighting immediately by instinct, I don't even really think about it, and I'm afraid that'd get me in trouble not just with people I fight, but the law, insurance companies and probably whoever hired me.
    Sry, didnt mean t jack this thread. But yeah, I guess if you have social problems, then working around a bunch of drunks isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior646 View Post
    I've been thinking about it lately, too. The job market in my area is dim at best. PPl say I'm a big guy, but I'm about average big, if I lean out to 15%BF I might top 190..
    Someone my wife works with does the bar/nightclub bouncer thing on weekends and suggested I look into it.. but I'm the type to not be concerned with talking someone out of a fight; if I'm threatened I start fighting immediately by instinct, I don't even really think about it, and I'm afraid that'd get me in trouble not just with people I fight, but the law, insurance companies and probably whoever hired me.
    Sry, didnt mean t jack this thread. But yeah, I guess if you have social problems, then working around a bunch of drunks isn't for you.
    yes it will get you in trouble

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior646 View Post
    lol, if i fought everyone that threatened me id be fighting all night long

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    Not to hi jack this thread but t Brah, you got any more pics of the chick in your avator ?

I have also thought about being a bouncer for extra cash since iam bigger than most. Wht kinda of money do you guys get being a door man or bouncer ?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpee View Post
    Not to hi jack this thread but t Brah, you got any more pics of the chick in your avator ?

I have also thought about being a bouncer for extra cash since iam bigger than most. Wht kinda of money do you guys get being a door man or bouncer ?
    Don't work for less than $100 a night. A lot of factors need to be considered----how many hours, what type of area the club/bar is in, how many other guys you're working with.

I get $250 cash a night now at this strip club I'm at....but I should wear my Safari hat every fvcking night because it's a zoo. It pays so well because no one lasts. The last guy got stabbed and quit, and the guy before him got jumped walking to his car and quit. So I'm the only asshole willing to take those chances. The best advice I could ever give is pat EVERYONE down before they go in. If they don't like it, tell them to go party some place else.
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 07-27-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpee View Post

135 euro per night, whatever tht translates to in your currency

Blog Entries
    Don't work for less than $100 a night. A lot of factors need to be considered----how many hours, what type of area the club/bar is in, how many other guys you're working with.

I get $250 cash a night now at this strip club I'm at....but I should wear my Safari hat every fvcking night because it's a zoo. It pays so well because no one lasts. The last guy got stabbed and quit, and the guy before him got jumped walking to his car and quit. So I'm the only asshole willing to take those chances. The best advice I could ever give is pat EVERYONE down before they go in. If they don't like it, tell them to go party some place else.
    too true, if i even get the slightest whiff of attitude i tell em to slide on

To grumpee her name is Misa Campo you can google image her a lot will come up I'm actually gonna change it to Miss Prestin she's a lot hotter.

$100 a night minimum? that is some serious money I had a cash job before and the most I made was like 80 bucks and I worked like 13 hours

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    too true, if i even get the slightest whiff of attitude i tell em to slide on
    It's amazing how quickly people forget that it is a privilege to be at your bar or club, not a fvcking right!

tupollo is offline Junior Member
    my buddy got the job by getting into a fight at the bar.after being thrown out the bars front window he came back through the door and finished the job.they asked him to work the door after that.

Darksyde is offline Member
    working a door is cool for a month or three then just sucks. unless your thing is banging skanky whores that have already banged half the dudes that hang out there. in that case you've found your niche. working a door is way more about social skills than fighting. its a given that you should be able to handle yourself if you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    working a door is cool for a month or three then just sucks. unless your thing is banging skanky whores that have already banged half the dudes that hang out there. in that case you've found your niche. working a door is way more about social skills than fighting. its a given that you should be able to handle yourself if you have to.
    x2.....90% of the women you will meet are bar-flies who can't wait to get the next load of cum blasted on their pig fvcking faces after a sip of booze.

Blog Entries
    x2.....90% of the women you will meet are bar-flies who can't wait to get the next load of cum blasted on their pig fvcking faces after a sip of booze.
    .........x3

well I applied at a nightclub/bar/resteraunt I think I might be getting hired. Oh great you mean that job might get me laid too....jk

maybe

thats one of the extra benefits of the job

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    I think your on to something here. I agree as there are some young shy guys who work front desk at my gym and as time goes on they become more outgoing even as far as dating some of the members there. So it's a real good place to open up socially and get used to seeing people and interacting. Once your comfort level is reached with people and dealing with them then you could move on into bouncing if that is still your goal. Not to mention being able to use the benefits of workouts and access to items you need for growth.

Work the counter at a tanning salon. You'll meet sexy quality women, and be all bronzed up for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    I think your on to something here. I agree as there are some young shy guys who work front desk at my gym and as time goes on they become more outgoing even as far as dating some of the members there. So it's a real good place to open up socially and get used to seeing people and interacting. Once your comfort level is reached with people and dealing with them then you could move on into bouncing if that is still your goal. Not to mention being able to use the benefits of workouts and access to items you need for growth.
    true I ask every once in a while if they need are hiring for any positions at my gym. I know I would not get hired there though.

Work the counter at a tanning salon. You'll meet sexy quality women, and be all bronzed up for free!
    I have never been into one but they are a lot around here actually. Don't they usually get girls to work at those kinds of places? I used to watch that tanning salon show with the hot girls it was a while ago I forget what it was called.

nevermind I remember sunset tan they had those blonde twins that were really dumb
    Last edited by TBrah; 08-03-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Last edited by jasc; 08-04-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: double post..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information