SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100

Im sure all the guys here are to buff to have to worry about it , but...

I used to only use theweight machines but I have been gravatating towards the free weights, Smith ect and Im liking them (thanks for the direction guyz) but I get a little pissed when Im at the gym and some 300lb dude leaves 250lbs on each side of the bar after they are dune using it, or just drop the weights were ever they please (usualy in some one elses way). grrrrr
    this is CLASSIC every day for me at the gym baahahaha the leg machine is alllllllways left loaded to the hilt with weights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUX9h...eature=related

Some of us cant lift those friggan things off the bars or drag them outta the way so we can work out. I have already hurt my fingers and felt like I pulled something in my ab's tryin to take off weights so I can load up my little 50lbs lol.

Anyone else get annoyed with these people to damn lazy or oblivious to restack the weights in the place they belong?

...and maybe if you guys are working out at a gym, you can think of us girls and possibly point out to a person being inconsiderate that it only takes 5min to take off their weights and is just the nice thing to do, or maybe help out a lady thats looking at the bars and mumbeling #$%^&*(&^%$#@ under her breath

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Lol yeah I get what you mean. I always start off light and warm up, so it annoys me when I get to whatever I'm using and it's loaded up. But I train at a fairly new gym and theres always heaps of PT's walking around always putting the weights away. People are lazy! Not much you can do...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I warm up with what most of you guys max out at so no worries.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I just don't care anymore. The plates slide off the bar and i drop them on the floor right there. Like Lov said most of the time i will end up using them anyway and what i use i will put away.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The only reason I put them away is because I have mild OCD and end up re racking most of the weights on the trees between sets. LOL

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    That's only the beginning.....

And yeah it pisses me off too. There's only one gym within reasonable driving distance here, and it's always full of cops, firemen and college age groups. And a few juice monsters. The college kids are the worst by far.

I can never seem to get close to a bench press because they seem to congregate there. I've tried working in and getting to know them, but they are only interested in feeding thier small egos. Ever tried to work in with a group of 6 kids all taking turns trying to lift WAY too much weight about 6 inches at a time, high fiving each other and being ridiculously loud? Hard to get an effective string of sets...

And of course the gym has one squat rack. Where you will ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL find some kid curling 105 and swaying and screaming wildly. And takes 5 minutes between his every 20 sets of stupidity....

Deadlifts? No problem, I'm the only one in 3 counties that does them. LOL

Dumbells? Good luck finding them. The rack is over half empty and half the time I find them in the aerobics room on the other side of the gym. but if I do manage to find them, I then have to wait for the personal trainer and his rich housewife to get finished with the bench....that they have drug over to the cable crossover machine and are doing all kinds of strange crap.

So, I gave up and built my own gym at home. Cost me a small fortune but hey, worth every penny. I can play the music as loud as I want, all of the stuff is ready and waiting and in it's place, good stuff. If I was younger I would maybe miss the atmosphere, because I have trained at some incredible places before and really miss them. But I don't miss the local gym here, it's just not condusive to a good workout. Except maybe legs, because nobody else ever trains them. As long as I don't need the sqaut rack that is...

-LH

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    yeah, me too... except same amount of weight, just one handed =)

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    She's to fat to do the leg press anyway lol, she needs cardio

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^^ better hope a pregnant lady skips this thread!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 08-29-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Well I max out with what most of you guys warm up with so I can see what Sexy's problem is .....lol

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    If I see someone leaving the weight on the bar when they are done I usually ask them to put it up. Nicely and respectfully though, some people just don't know gym etiquette. It seems to be worse with guys who are just trying to get back into working out and are overdoing it. I have never had anyone get mad because I asked. The thing that pisses me off is when someone leaves a pool of seat on the bench. I don't want to lay in that, there are towel around to wipe up their mess when they are done.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I cant stand people dropping or throwing weights, it's ALWAYS a little guy too. Or the guy that uses the squat rack for shrugs because he has to shrug 800 lbs, and then just leaves it all on the bar, bending the bar.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    The gym I am in at the moment is shocking for this. Lads just throw stuff around the place it's annoying to be honest and as you say never re rack anything and it's always the same wankers that do it. This short little prick that thinks he's unreal yapping in his own language about how much Decca he is on etc You idiot even when you are speaking in your own language the steroid name is the same you clown people can understand you. All he does is throw weights about the place make obscene amount of noise and walks about in his wife beater thinking he is Ronnie Coleman or bigger in fact I'd say.

Whereas the last gym I was in people would get killed for not putting back their weights properly etc and rightly so it's shocking to see a gym in such a mess and makes training more awkward too like.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    She's to fat to do the leg press anyway lol, she needs cardio
    lmfao i hope your friends with her or something lol

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Yeah I know wat ur talkin about.I broke a nail pullin all those big weights off.And I just got them done sucks!

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    My old gym used to be like that but my new gym the owner goes crazy at people who don't put their weights back lol

Thread Information