Shol'va is offline Productive Member

My Gym Is Closing

So I got a letter from my gym just the other day telling me it is closing the last 2 weeks of this month and relocating in another building not far from the first one, but much much smaller. and they are changing their name, going to have less equipment going from a 20,000 square foot to about 4,000 square foot place. Also going more towards aerobics stuff, with more of a womans appeal, Losing indoor track and steam room and showers etc, but they are keeping the same price of 45 a month. So I got po'd and went shopping for another nearby gym. So the next closest one to me is a newly remodeled gold's gym with a new 2 million dollar upgrade. Everything is fresh and new inside including all their equipment which is massive. They even have a wet and dry sauna. So I told them I was looking for a new gym due to mine changing and relocating and they quoted me 30 a month on month to month basis or 24 a month with a one year contract. My question to anyone here is are any of you members or have you ever been a member of gold's and how did you like it there? I can't turn down the price, especially with all the amenities they have to offer. The only hidden fee on the contract is an annual 25 fee for something miscellaneous. But even still I think it's a great deal. What do you all think?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I've been a member of gold before. They all vary alot of them are franchises. So it depends on what that one is. I've been to both and the corporate owned was better

dtob is offline Associate Member
    i say it sounds reasonable its cheaper than your other gym, are there any cons like its way further from where you live and or work

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I've been a member of gold before. They all vary alot of them are franchises. So it depends on what that one is. I've been to both and the corporate owned was better
    Good because it's corporate owned...

Quote Originally Posted by dtob View Post
    i say it sounds reasonable its cheaper than your other gym, are there any cons like its way further from where you live and or work
    Yeah my present gym is only 6 blocks away and the Gold's is about 7 miles away. But the Gold's is state of the art and 21 dollars a month cheaper. But with gas at 3 bucks a gallon it will be about even on price but much more bang for the buck at golds. all new weights that aren't loose. More dedicated BB'ing men , nothing against the women but where I was going was turning into a pilates and aerobics type atmosphere with more and more housewives coming in their leotards with their legs wrapped in saran wrap and the like with curlers on and all that. it was getting to be a gay mans nightmare! And more of the dedicated men and women were leaving for parts unknown. I was just curious if anybody else might have been a member and what their experience was at golds. I guess I'll find out since I signed up today.

dtob is offline Associate Member
    all pros bro i say not only is it your only real choice luckily its also the best choice and maybe the further away distance could be good for cardio lol

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Buy the gym

??????????????

profit

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    I loved Gold's. The only problem I ever had was the trainers constantly soliciting me.

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    I also loved golds.. My gym did the same thing.. Once their contract with golds expired, they changed the name.. Everything stayed the same but recently prices dropped but also the equipment is always broke n takes forever to get fixed.. So I miss wen it was golds..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    I loved Gold's. The only problem I ever had was the trainers constantly soliciting me.
    I'm used to getting solicited, but I always end up being the trainer.....
    But seriously I understand what you mean, it gets old

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    sign of the times mate, at least yours told you it was closing! my previous conducted business right up until the last day and cleaned out thousands of ppl, we all only found out on the fvckin news on telly ffs!! i lost 300euro and my girl had just renewed her annual 3wks before, 800e gone and no comebacks. nothing short of corporate theft.

its very off throwing when you switch gyms, getting a feel to the diff equip etc

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Im thinking that when this project ends (jan 2011??) I might join a gymj instead of allthe equipment at my house.

I've never been a gym member before.... first time. I just feel that with all the additional equipment a gym has to offer, overall, i can get a better workout. we'll see....

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I liked Golds, but yes the trainers are always soliciting and the guys hit on a lot (prob a plus for you though lol) I never had time to use the steam room or sauna and when I did, it was broke. Annual contract I hated cuz 1 of the Golds I went to had the same issue your gym is dealing with...relocating and massive down size, yet I was stuck in a friggan contract. Every Golds I went to was always way too crowed and I ended up waiting for equipment. The tanning was only in standing booths and always had an hour wait or longer, plus they wouldn’t let me call in to reserve a time.
    I would suggest going to it during the hours/days you normally would ...before you join, to see if it’s too crowded for you.

I do miss the racquet ball courts and lady only area in Golds.

Twin is offline Associate Member
    golds is nice. i go at 11 pm when only a few people go. during the day, its packed! but at 11 pm, less than 10 people in the weight area.

you could use this coupon to get a free week at golds

http://7dayvip.goldsgym.com/fl3/lp3/...m&partnerID=18

use it and see how u like it.

Price is really good. I pay to these c*cksucking french 45 euros per month. that is about 60$
    And its this itty bitty gym no sauna barely 3 crowded showers and shitty dumbels which go only up to 44 lbs. I would change it, problem is the other ones are even worse and smaller than this one. Moreover, there aint only 1 guy who is somewhat larger and who is on juice. Cant even talk to him about that because he's ashamed or afraid, i dunno. The rest of them are old farts and skinny acnee kids. I have to train alone cause i cant trust none of them to spot me. I already saw a spotter drop the weight on the one who was benching. Dumb french.

BTW to avoid copywright issues they named it Gold Gym's instead of Gold's Gym. F--king idiots. I so hate France too bad i'm stuck here for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    sign of the times mate, at least yours told you it was closing! my previous conducted business right up until the last day and cleaned out thousands of ppl, we all only found out on the fvckin news on telly ffs!! i lost 300euro and my girl had just renewed her annual 3wks before, 800e gone and no comebacks. nothing short of corporate theft.

its very off throwing when you switch gyms, getting a feel to the diff equip etc
    I know what you mean, but Gold's agreed to a month to month. Yes they tempted me with 24 a month 1 year which isn't bad at all. But for the moment at least I'm month to month-ing it till I'm sure I like it there. I'm sure I will once I get used to the new people and surroundings. But man it's like walking into a movie set in that place. since they just finished a 2 million update, all new machines, weights, sauna, locker rooms showers, etc, and it's huge in there. A bit overwhelming, but It will grow on me. I'm sure. And I just can't beat 30 bucks a month American.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Im thinking that when this project ends (jan 2011??) I might join a gymj instead of allthe equipment at my house.

I've never been a gym member before.... first time. I just feel that with all the additional equipment a gym has to offer, overall, i can get a better workout. we'll see....
    TR from my experience it helps with the motivation being around other who also are working out.

[QUOTE=Sexy4mySweetheart;5770642]I liked Golds, but yes the trainers are always soliciting and the guys hit on a lot (prob a plus for you though lol)

Hey it just keeps sounding better..

Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post
    golds is nice. i go at 11 pm when only a few people go. during the day, its packed! but at 11 pm, less than 10 people in the weight area.

you could use this coupon to get a free week at golds

http://7dayvip.goldsgym.com/fl3/lp3/...m&partnerID=18

use it and see how u like it.
    I appreciate the coupon but I went ahead and joined month to month. The price was right and I can go to any golds gym nationwide while on vacation too.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    They all vary alot of them are franchises. So it depends on what that one is. I've been to both and the corporate owned was better
    I just trained at a corporate owned In Orlando. I train there every year I go on vacation. Now they had nearly all the same rules as planet less the head gear and lunk alarm. First two days a worker came over, he said something to me about dropping weights (I eased them down, did'nt drop them far) and the second time was my fault for yelling at someone. But you cant chalk, no grunting, no cheering your partner on.....bunch of bullshit. He actualy said "I dont think this gym is for you", "I said you going to give me back my $45 for the week?" , he said "no I cant" so I replied "see you tommorow" lol.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Thread Information