Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DeUcEkOn is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qal92 View Post
    You guys create a very good arguement on cars......WHAT ABOUT WOMEN?!?!?!
    choose....

or

your facebook friends have nice taste thou .....

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    i'll have to agree with that, ive owned 3 honda cars and currently a fireblade, all do their job fantastically are are 99% trouble free but alittle on the sterile side although i would discount the crx vti out of that statement. the blade is an animal but it wont give those twitchy shart inducing moments an R1 would lol
    I want a B18 CRX what a cool car they are.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Let me start by I am a domestic guy so imports aren't my favs. Im kinda picky though.. NSX's and most vettes don't do it for me.. even older ferraris I don't really get excited about. The dude a few posts up with a Pantera, props man that is a badass car. I'd test drive the 69 Camaro and see how it rides how responsive it is. I always wanted a classic but I have to wonder if they ride like a tank being that old. After all we've made advances in the last 40 years. I wonder how much an older 911 would cost? Might be too much, always liked them, even the older early 90's models with the wing/spoiler on the back

DCI
    The 993 Turbo's are going up in value over this side of the world they were much rarer than the later models and well they where the last of the air cooled engines so the fanboys for weak for them.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    lol, did ye see this DCI?

its the Dublin north and south city class divide, to the rest of yous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZN75BM7LU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper;5***241
    Let me start by I am a domestic guy so imports aren't my favs. Im kinda picky though.. NSX's and most vettes don't do it for me.. even older ferraris I don't really get excited about. The dude a few posts up with a Pantera, props man that is a badass car. I'd test drive the 69 Camaro and see how it rides how responsive it is. I always wanted a classic but I have to wonder if they ride like a tank being that old. After all we've made advances in the last 40 years. I wonder how much an older 911 would cost? Might be too much, always liked them, even the older early 90's models with the wing/spoiler on the back

i like that old 'solid' drive style. love mk1 and mk11 gti golfs

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper;5***241
    I wonder how much an older 911 would cost? Might be too much, always liked them, even the older early 90's models with the wing/spoiler on the back
    We are going to be selling our 996 C2 in the low 20s. 993 Turbos are, indeed, going up. I see early 90s cars going for $20K and up. Turbos are always more. Always make sure you get a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) as a good Porsche will run forever with care, but a bad one will eat you out of house and home.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    We are going to be selling our 996 C2 in the low 20s. 993 Turbos are, indeed, going up. I see early 90s cars going for $20K and up. Turbos are always more. Always make sure you get a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) as a good Porsche will run forever with care, but a bad one will eat you out of house and home.
    good recommendations JV - PPI's are a must for sure. It seems that most 993's (the last of the air-cooled 911's for you non-Porsche folks) are almost all more $$ than the first-gen water cooled 911's (996). They are entirely different cars. And yes again saying that Porsche's are meant to be driven (they seem to run better if they're used often) but can totally kill you with $$ if you get a bad one or have to take it to the dealer for everything.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    good recommendations JV - PPI's are a must for sure. It seems that most 993's (the last of the air-cooled 911's for you non-Porsche folks) are almost all more $$ than the first-gen water cooled 911's (996). They are entirely different cars. And yes again saying that Porsche's are meant to be driven (they seem to run better if they're used often) but can totally kill you with $$ if you get a bad one or have to take it to the dealer for everything.

DCI
    lol, did ye see this DCI?

its the Dublin north and south city class divide, to the rest of yous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZN75BM7LU
    Lol, I used see that the whole time working in Dublin man. I couldn't stand them southside pricks. Bunch of wank bags, fannies the whole lot of them. And we'll the north siders are hilarious. I had a taxi driver from Ballymun telling me that the towers pub is a grand spot and I should go in there for a drink. And I Quote we even allow the black lads in there even though they don't buy any drinks in there the cheap bastards. I couldn't believe what this looney choon was coming out with. I was like I just want a spin into town lol.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    DSM's FTW !
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Lol, I used see that the whole time working in Dublin man. I couldn't stand them southside pricks. Bunch of wank bags, fannies the whole lot of them. And we'll the north siders are hilarious. I had a taxi driver from Ballymun telling me that the towers pub is a grand spot and I should go in there for a drink. And I Quote we even allow the black lads in there even though they don't buy any drinks in there the cheap bastards. I couldn't believe what this looney choon was coming out with. I was like I just want a spin into town lol.
    err yes, if you dont like your face anymore lol

DCI
    I know, hence why I didn't bother going there ya think I'm ****ing mad. The only thing dublin hate more than anything else is cork people.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Get something with forged internals. A forged, boosted, low mileage c5-c6 vette? With the money you've got left over upgrade the interior and suspension.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    He may not have been referring to BLACKs, African Americans or African descendants. I now in Thailand there are many bars who will not let Indian men into the bars because they will come in 3 or 4 at a time, order one coke with 4 staws and spend hours pestering the girls and not spending any money. A lot of the (working) girls refuse to go out with them also because of the stories (mostly true) about when they get back to the room they are jumped by 2 or 3 other guys at the same time. Gang raped. I dont care if they are working or not it's still rape if they dont agree. Just my .02

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    He may not have been referring to BLACKs, African Americans or African descendants. I now in Thailand there are many bars who will not let Indian men into the bars because they will come in 3 or 4 at a time, order one coke with 4 staws and spend hours pestering the girls and not spending any money. A lot of the (working) girls refuse to go out with them also because of the stories (mostly true) about when they get back to the room they are jumped by 2 or 3 other guys at the same time. Gang raped. I dont care if they are working or not it's still rape if they dont agree. Just my .02
    They do that over here too kinda hide in the corner and just snoop around. But if they started pestering women over here they wouldn't be able to walk for a long time which is one good thing about here that men will stand up for women being pestered.

I dunno about the other part of your story but it could be true. Nah that chap was on about actuall African people the lunatic.

The Situation is offline Associate Member
    Have you seen the new kias?

Quote Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
    Have you seen the new kias?
    I like Kia and Hyundai, I don't care what anyone says. Their quality is solid (unlike in the past) and they have finally realized the importance of designing for the western market. Their gain in market share is well deserved.

Yep. They are both starting to go into the same direction that nissan did. Now nissan makes some of the best selling cars.

I think Honda and Nissan are starting to head in the wrong direction. Especially Honda. They have stopped being interesting and that is why the Korean companies are doing so well.

Really? I have to disagree. I think Honda went for more of a luxury and family look instead of the small rice burner teenagers look.

Really? I have to disagree. I think Honda went for more of a luxury and family look instead of the small rice burner teenagers look.
    We agree that Honda went for a luxury and family market, but I think they lost any measure of uniqueness. The only points of differentiation Honda has now is their claim to reliability and high resale value. Those are both respectable qualities, but they are still making boring cars in my eyes. Sedans can still be sexy. The Germans know that.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't buy one. Well, actually it DOES mean I wouldn't buy one, but it doesn't mean nobody should buy them...they are great cars.

I am a designer, a marketing guy and a car nut. I tend to own wildly impractical vehicles. I don't have kids. I am a sliver of the market and realize that. When I say something isn't "exciting", I realize I am in the minority that even thinks "exciting" should be at the top of a car's qualifications.

Agree with you about the German makers. VW is a fine example. The cc is a nice car and so are the jettas. There all pretty affordable as well.

^^^ Agreed! I have been a VW fan forever. Have owned a Jetta. Still own it actually, it has been parked for years and it is in the shop now getting some work done so we can sell it.

I am an equal opportunity buyer: we own one Italian, two German, one Korean and one Japanese car. I have been unimpressed by American cars for a while. The ones that look good are available in high enough numbers that I probably wouldn't own one. I do like the direction Ford is heading. GM can kiss my *ss. Well, except the Corvette Z06 and ZR1.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I agree on the Honda being boring comment. I currently have a fully loaded 04 accord (the last year they looked sharp) and was dead set on buying a new accord a few yrs ago. Then the new bodystyle came out and they look terrible. If they can't produce a nice looking sedan in the next few years I'm gonna have to go with either a Nissan or Mercedes... Kind of sad, Love the Accord and its always been great (looks, mileage, runs perfect, never had 1 problem at all) but the new ones look like trash. Always said I'd stick with Honda, but they're slippin.
    The new Sonata looks sharp as well and I do like Hyundai now, but don't think I'd go that route

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Man with that kind of money yes it would be fun to have a muscle car of days gone by but, that's awful old and so much upkeep. i mean think about it. You might have worn out window channels door gaskets all rubber underbody rust to think about. And with 50-70 grand you could buy a brand new corvette. And be stylin. Not only that but those high performance motors in the camaro will probably need high octane 105 ethyl and where will you get it at? Yeah there are substitute fuels like aviation fuel running in the low one hundreds but still it limits where you can get fuel for it at. And if you ever wreck it it is so difficult to get parts. Just a few things to think about. But if it is just for weekend pleasure and you have the extra bucks to spend then that is another thing. I'd love to have a 69 Camaro SS Z28 myself with all matching numbers. Of course if you just want a high performance vehicle to have fun in and don't care whether it's a car or truck, You can probably pick up a 2003 or 2004 Ford Lightning Supercharged 385 HP, get some long tube kook headers, a Power surge performance chip, power pulleys on the supercharger, Airraid Ram aircharger, and throw the Hp to around 500 and it will scream. All for under 25 grand

I had an Accord a long time ago and it was a GREAT car. Smaller than now, but I could still put three people in the back if needed. Never had a mechanical problem.

I was listening to the radio show a couple of weeks ago that was talking about car ratings (maybe Consumer Reports) that rated the Korean cars on par with the Japanese cars, but they made it clear that is price and styling were taken into consideration, the Korean cars blew the Japanese cars out of the water. I am over-generalizing because they were talking about specific models, but I don't remember the specifics.

I still own the lancer that I had back in hs. Looks like shit because mittisubishi paint job sucks but it runs fine. Has about 140000 miles and has never had a mechanical problem.

I still own the lancer that I had back in hs. Looks like shit because mittisubishi paint job sucks but it runs fine. Has about 140000 miles and has never had a mechanical problem.
    That is kind of why we have a Jetta. It was my wife's college car. We kept it because it was practical when our other cars were sports cars. We wanted a car with a back seat and a trunk. My sports car doesn't have either. Her's has a tiny trunk up front. Now we also have Kia Soul (provided by her work) and a Scion xB (that I ended up with when my dad died). With two mini-suvs, we don't need the Jetta any more.

I kept it because of my commute to work. Sometimes I have to drive an hour one way. Way better on gas than my other ride. Plus it kind of grew on me. Too many memories to get rid of it.

Blog Entries
    I like Kia and Hyundai, I don't care what anyone says. Their quality is solid (unlike in the past) and they have finally realized the importance of designing for the western market. Their gain in market share is well deserved.
    my mrs drives an 05 fx coupe and although it doesnt stir the soul, it hasnt missed a beat in 4yrs compared to my fiat coupe turbo which missed a beat every other fookin week

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by DeUcEkOn View Post
    choose....

or

your facebook friends have nice taste thou .....
    The first one for the car and girl. Not even a contest

my mrs drives an 05 fx coupe and although it doesnt stir the soul, it hasnt missed a beat in 4yrs compared to my fiat coupe turbo which missed a beat every other fookin week
    Damn Fiats! Heh. I wanted a classic Fiat 300 for a while just because I wanted to take it to Cars & Coffee. It would be a great conversation starter. If it broke down, I joked that I would just stuff a turbo Hayabusa motor under the hood.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    they do that here aswell, try to drug rape women etc, we dont let them in on the doors i do. i had to run across the road and pin an indian guy one night, he was dragging some girl down the footpath, the girl was out of it, i'd say he drugged her for sure. the cops only sent him on his way, useless cvnts
    Last edited by dec11; 10-24-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Damn Fiats! Heh. I wanted a classic Fiat 300 for a while just because I wanted to take it to Cars & Coffee. It would be a great conversation starter. If it broke down, I joked that I would just stuff a turbo Hayabusa motor under the hood.
    yeah, like everything else italian, all looks and no brains lol

DCI
    You want a Fiat 132 Google proper Fiat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information