Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    qal92 is offline Senior Member

Car decisions....

Need some feedback, thinking about getting another car in a few months and want some opinions, i already own a 09 tsx but i was thinking either a 02 nsx or a 69 camaro, i know two completely different cars but some feedback would be GREAT

Mythos is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qal92
    Need some feedback, thinking about getting another car in a few months and want some opinions, i already own a 09 tsx but i was thinking either a 02 nsx or a 69 camaro, i know two completely different cars but some feedback would be GREAT
    I'd go for the NSX but I am a bit of an Acura fan though I'll probably leave Acura for BMW once I pay off my current one.

A 69 camaro though....that's also a nice car.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    depends to much. what price for each. is the camaro an SS? what motor? what condition?

I would personally go for the camaro. NSX were nice but a 10 year old nsx has no appeal

yeah it would be a SS and a 427, ive always been a big acura fan, ive owned three of them and loved them but newer ones, but i was wanting some speed

and price, not sure on the camaro, still looking around but ill prob look into spending about 35,000-55,000 for the nsx

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    I'd go for the NSX but I am a bit of an Acura fan though I'll probably leave Acura for BMW once I pay off my current one.

A 69 camaro though....that's also a nice car.
    go acura!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I love the NSX. It was in my top two when looking for a sports car a while back. I love the thought of owning an old car too, but only if it was in great condition. Those old cars can take a lot of maintenance. I know...one of my cars is a '72 and it always needs something. Usually something small, but something.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=1969+...t:429,r:8,s:60 SS, these are just some ideas im playing around with, just trying to get some feedback, i dont know a WHOLE lot about cars but i was wanting to get one and learn more and build on it etc

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I love the NSX. It was in my top two when looking for a sports car a while back. I love the thought of owning an old car too, but only if it was in great condition. Those old cars can take a lot of maintenance. I know...one of my cars is a '72 and it always needs something. Usually something small, but something.
    What kind of car ya got JV?

and im open to any ideas or opinions so dont be shy!

Mythos is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qal92

go acura!
    I just feel that Acura isn't being faithful to their 3 pedal purist out there. My TSX is a stick shift 4 cylinder, don't want the 6 cylinder cause that one comes in just automatic last time I checked, and every time I go to the Acura dealership to test drive a new TL in stick they only have the automatics. It's getting annoying.

My TSX is enough to get me in trouble though....i have the pile of speeding tickets to prove it lmao

if your open to 50k there are alot of other cars i would rather have. an M bmw, Lexus ISF, amg benz over the nsx

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    I just feel that Acura isn't being faithful to their 3 pedal purist out there. My TSX is a stick shift 4 cylinder, don't want the 6 cylinder cause that one comes in just automatic last time I checked, and every time I go to the Acura dealership to test drive a new TL in stick they only have the automatics. It's getting annoying.

My TSX is enough to get me in trouble though....i have the pile of speeding tickets to prove it lmao
    lmao i got 4 tickets myself.....TSX's...theyre fun hahah

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    if your open to 50k there are alot of other cars i would rather have. an M bmw, Lexus ISF, amg benz over the nsx
    ive looked at mercedez c-class? and theyre sexy but i dont know if i want something so "luxury" right now i guess i would say but im open to the idea, ive never driven a bmw, test drove a lexus is-350? is that the model name, and it was nice but i like my tsx way better, and mythos mines a automatic too but i still love it

Quote Originally Posted by qal92 View Post
    What kind of car ya got JV?
    The TSX is a fun car, but congrats on wanting to upgrade rather than modding your current car. I always say buy the fastest stock car you can afford, then save up for the next one. The most I will do to a car is maybe wheels and ride-height adjustment.

My '72 is a widebody Pantera. I don't like the narrow body cars, and the widebody cars were sold after they stopped importing to the US. Some of the older cars have been converted using factory flares. The Pantera is the car I picked over an NSX. Ironically, I bought it from a guy that drives a big-turbo NSX as his daily driver.

The Camaro you posted was beautiful. So, it depends on whether you want to go in a straight line, or turn.

Gixxer is right, for $50k, there are a lot of options. You can get a good, used Porsche Carrera (probably not a solid turbo car) for that amount. My wife has one and I frickin' love it. Maintenance can be expensive. $50k will get you a solid Viper. Oh, or a used BMW M3! I am realizing the list is pretty long for $50k if you aren't requiring that it be new. Obviously I like cars that you don't find at every stop light. I would never pay top dollar for a new Mustang or Camaro. There are too many of them. I like Audis, but 1/3 of my parking garage is full of them.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 10-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.

and i really want something UNIQUE that no one sees around, where i live i see alot of mercedez and bmw's and i mean a shit load

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    The TSX is a fun car, but congrats on wanting to upgrade rather than modding your current car. I always say buy the fastest stock car you can afford, then save up for the next one. The most I will do to a car is maybe wheels and ride-height adjustment.

My '72 is a widebody Pantera. I don't like the narrow body cars, and the widebody cars were sold after they stopped importing to the US. Some of the older cars have been converted using factory flares. The Pantera is the car I picked over an NSX. Ironically, I bought it from a guy that drives a big-turbo NSX as his daily driver.
    How often do you have to do "the little stuff" to keep it maint.? and the tsx's are fun for sure, i wrecked my first one because i had a led foot when i was 16 go figure lol and if i got a nsx i was going to put a science of speed aerodynamics body kit on it which if i recall is a widebody?

ive looked at mercedez c-class? and theyre sexy but i dont know if i want something so "luxury" right now i guess i would say but im open to the idea, ive never driven a bmw, test drove a lexus is-350? is that the model name, and it was nice but i like my tsx way better, and mythos mines a automatic too but i still love it
    its the same model as the is-350 but alot of upgrades and a V8.
    c63. luxury and sport. 460hp v8 isnt all luxury.

How often do you have to do "the little stuff" to keep it maint.? and the tsx's are fun for sure, i wrecked my first one because i had a led foot when i was 16 go figure lol and if i got a nsx i was going to put a science of speed aerodynamics body kit on it which if i recall is a widebody?
    Make sure you read my updated post above.

I constantly need to do stuff. I just put on new plug wires and replaced the temp gauge sender. Next I need to replace the throttle cable, air filter and fuel filter. Earlier in the year I replaced the clutch and throwout bearing. Uhhh, and rear axle bearings. And clutch master cylinder. Just standard wear-and-tear stuff. It is HOT here, so anything rubber or plastic has a shorter than expected lifespan.

Widebody NSXs look amazing. If you are looking for a modded car, better to buy one where someone else has already spent the money. Not a lot of NSX cars to choose from though. Be careful with body kits as most styles don't age well. If you cut your car to fit a kit that goes out of fashion, you will have a mangled car that nobody wants.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    mercs are unreliable heaps, and thats what a merc mech told me. i'd def go for the honda, it wont let you down

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    mercs are unreliable heaps, and thats what a merc mech told me. i'd def go for the honda, it wont let you down
    i've had a couple. wife has 1 now. never had problems with them

thanks for all the comments, and i read your updated post JV, yeah i wasnt planning on cutting it to make it fit but the nsx widebodys are sexxxxxyyyyy and i wouldnt buy a new camaro or mustang, no offence to anyone but too many of them around, and gixxer thats alot of hp for a car like that, more then the tundra i had haha

If i had a extra mill laying aaround id buy a ford gt or a aston martin....or 2

and i never thought about a porsche, any thoughts?

^^^^ Both great choices. I would like to have either...or both!

Somebody posted a video of a Ford GT on here and i was speeeeechlessssssss

CAL! i see you down there you whore, and hey gixxer what about a audi S5

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i've had a couple. wife has 1 now. never had problems with them
    you must have been lucky. tht mech told me they are a never ending trouble trail. and a simple google search brings up a load of these:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/17/auto...tune/index.htm

wow i'm surprised. The thing besides normal maintenance was the belt snapped on my wifes clk.

My understanding was that Mercedes had a lot of quality problems, but has addressed and fixed them in recent years.

What about a nissan skyline R34?

DeUcEkOn is offline New Member
    I have some great suggestions for any taste but u have to tell us what use u r going to do ...

I would jump all over an R34 if they were available in the US. Unfortunately, even the gray market cars that have been registered and titled here can have problems when moved to another state. Not worth the risk for me.

My suggestions : camaro 69 , charger 69 r/t , barracuda 71 , Pontiac formula 455 , mustang " the bullet " that's for muscle ... U can c and something like : BMW E30 M3 s38 , Porsche 964 turbo , lotus Elise with k20a engine , RX7 FD3s , skyline gtr-34 .... It depend what is the use that u want to do ..

Yeah im iffy on the import thing but that would be a nice car to have, and for use? i love cars, Cars big weights and good music and girls is my thing, ut a 69 charger r/t would be nice, i see too many beamers around where i live

It's deferent to own a Beamer from a E30 M3 S38 turbo ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KBkY...e_gdata_player

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information