Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Armykid93 is offline Productive Member

leaving for boot camp in 1 week

I'm super nervous. Not for boot but because my wife is pregnant. It scares me going away for this time.

Jessgirl is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Awe just remember why your going to begin with, IM sure they will get you to her when she is in Labor or close to. Good luck with boot camp and being new dad ! Being parent is the greatest feeling in the world ! Nothing compares=)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessgirl
    Awe just remember why your going to begin with, IM sure they will get you to her when she is in Labor or close to. Good luck with boot camp and being new dad ! Being parent is the greatest feeling in the world ! Nothing compares=)
    Thanks and if no one has said to you, welcome to the board

HideYourWife380 is offline New Member
    Boot camp I not so bad and like the other guy said they will give you leave for family emergency. I was at boot in Parris Island when my little boy turned one they let me get a 4 day leave. Don't be nervous just be happy it will be fine man.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    My one and only friend leaves for paris island next week as well.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You should shave your head all the way before you go.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Good luck with your BT. I wish I could join you when the shooting range drills take place.

Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga
    Sorry man. My cousin is leaving for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong
    You should shave your head all the way before you go.
    Done:-)

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08
    Good luck with your BT. I wish I could join you when the shooting range drills take place.
    Lol yeah. Never fired a gun so it should be fun

Jessgirl is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Just read you never shot gun........incredible adrenalin rush ! No worries, positive thinking =)

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Good luck, Take some pictures in the shower room for me.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Good luck. Best advice I got before boot camp was don't volunteer for anything.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Your wife is pregnant so apparently you have. And remember one of your chants in there will be just that. "This is my rifle this is my gun this for fighting this is for fun"

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck to you, all will be fine at home. Take comfort in the fact that she is in a family way..lots of guys in boot will have a lot more to worry about leaving their girls back home LOL. Agree with what was said, volunteer for nothing, keep a low profile. Also keep in mind boots all a test, and only temporary. Its not the way life will be like in the service once you are out of boot, lots of guys forget about this and a few wks are picturing the rest of their time in the service being like boot.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    And let us know if the drill sargents still say stuff like... only two things come from texas or( place the name of your state here) and I don't see any horns soldier boy. lol

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Watch out for Joe Willy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessgirl

Just read you never shot gun........incredible adrenalin rush ! No worries, positive thinking =)
    Haha yeah that's what I figure it will be

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive
    Good luck to you, all will be fine at home. Take comfort in the fact that she is in a family way..lots of guys in boot will have a lot more to worry about leaving their girls back home LOL. Agree with what was said, volunteer for nothing, keep a low profile. Also keep in mind boots all a test, and only temporary. Its not the way life will be like in the service once you are out of boot, lots of guys forget about this and a few wks are picturing the rest of their time in the service being like boot.
    Haha that would be awful ! Thanks man

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Drink water.

spiketannin is offline Associate Member
    good luck at bootcamp bro, where you from in oregon jus curious cuz im in oregon too

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    wtf..I'm not going anywhere

Coolhand5599 is offline Member
    Good luck and thank you for your service

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    congrats on the baby! ...and have fun playing with the guys!

sooooo sweet of you to be concerned for her ~ all should be ok, sending well wishes to her the baby and you

Quote Originally Posted by spiketannin
    good luck at bootcamp bro, where you from in oregon jus curious cuz im in oregon too
    tigard area. What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand5599
    Good luck and thank you for your service
    Thanks for your support. Is very appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart
    congrats on the baby! ...and have fun playing with the guys!

sooooo sweet of you to be concerned for her ~ all should be ok, sending well wishes to her the baby and you
    Thanks a ton! She has the number for my recruiter. He's been very nice. If anything goes wrong i'm sure he can help along with our families

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    tigers signing up for the GUARD, his recruiter is also very awsome. My brothers a former marine and now recruter, I like how they are able to still see fellow solders as people

tigers signing up for the GUARD, his recruiter is also very awsome. My brothers a former marine and now recruter, I like how they are able to still see fellow solders as people
    That is pretty cool. I almost went marine but when I went in they made it difficult for me

yea they are making enlistment super hard...even just for the guard, Tigers been at this for weeks now...they even want his med records stating about his tonsil removal....? how does that matter? lol

you may be better off not going marine.. my brothers only 31 and his knees are cr@p plus he was a sniper/sharp shooter (whatever they call it) and almost lost an eye from shrapnel...he group (whatever they are called) all died from the incident we were very worried for him.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    And let us know if the drill sargents still say stuff like... only two things come from texas or( place the name of your state here) and I don't see any horns soldier boy. lol

hahahahahha, when I went to BCT they said "Privates" " Only 2 things come from (your state) and I dont see no horns on your head, you know the rest" This is as far as my DS's took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    yea they are making enlistment super hard...even just for the guard, Tigers been at this for weeks now...they even want his med records stating about his tonsil removal....? how does that matter? lol
    MEPS's job is to DQ an applicant, so they want all of his medical history if he has ever had surgerys, been to the ER etc; Remember MEPS is their to DQ your husband, not pass his physical.

I'm super nervous. Not for boot but because my wife is pregnant. It scares me going away for this time.
    Dont be that guy on Suicide watch 24 hours a day because you believed the DS when he told you you will find your GF or wife the same way you left her, Freshly Fvcked. Seriously the fastest way to leave BCT and AIT is to graduate. If you decide its not for you half way through, you will be put into a holding company until you can adapt and eventually recycled. Look DS's job is to break you down and train you the Army way.

Listen to them, do whats asked of you, keep a high head, dont try to be GI Joe, Be you, Dont speak unless spoken to, The worst 2 weeks are red phase which are the first 2 weeks. After Red Phase you will move into White phase which is BRM and a ton of fun. Blue phase is is a culmination of all your training, which will include a 10-17 day FTX.

Whatever you do DONT QUIT.

you may be better off not going marine.. my brothers only 31 and his knees are cr@p plus he was a sniper/sharp shooter (whatever they call it) and almost lost an eye from shrapnel...he group (whatever they are called) all died from the incident we were very worried for him.
    Dang that's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley

MEPS's job is to DQ an applicant, so they want all of his medical history if he has ever had surgerys, been to the ER etc; Remember MEPS is their to DQ your husband, not pass his physical.
    Pretty much. They want only perfection haha. Even though nobody has a perfect med record.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley

Dont be that guy on Suicide watch 24 hours a day because you believed the DS when he told you you will find your GF or wife the same way you left her, Freshly Fvcked. Seriously the fastest way to leave BCT and AIT is to graduate. If you decide its not for you half way through, you will be put into a holding company until you can adapt and eventually recycled. Look DS's job is to break you down and train you the Army way.

Listen to them, do whats asked of you, keep a high head, dont try to be GI Joe, Be you, Dont speak unless spoken to, The worst 2 weeks are red phase which are the first 2 weeks. After Red Phase you will move into White phase which is BRM and a ton of fun. Blue phase is is a culmination of all your training, which will include a 10-17 day FTX.

Whatever you do DONT QUIT.
    thanks man. My wife is really very sweet. She wouldn't cheat. I'm going in with the mindset that its a game., just gotta win. And i'm thinking about getting huge and ripped again haha when I get on base. I'm like 190 now and more than 10% bf. By the end of my first contract I want to be back to 210 and 5% and by the end of my second 230. That's a large part of my drive now to. Thanks for your support

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    thanks man. My wife is really very sweet. She wouldn't cheat. I'm going in with the mindset that its a game., just gotta win. And i'm thinking about getting huge and ripped again haha when I get on base. I'm like 190 now and more than 10% bf. By the end of my first contract I want to be back to 210 and 5% and by the end of my second 230. That's a large part of my drive now to. Thanks for your support
    Ohhh never never say that. Believe it but dont say it. You are just jinxing yourself. Dont drive yourself crazy thinking about it either and take things day by day. Stay in touch and if the worse happens be glad it was sooner than later.

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Awwww good luck!! And congrats on the baby!! It's so sweet that you're worried....but I'm sure everything will be fine..

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Ohhh never never say that. Believe it but dont say it. You are just jinxing , yourself. Dont drive yourself crazy thinking about it either and take things day by day. Stay in touch and if the worse happens be glad it was sooner than later.
    110% correct. For example I had a fiance while I was deployed to Iraq, came home to see she was 3 months pregnant. I always said "no my fianne would never do that" shore as the sky is blue she was flat backing it the whole time I was deployed.

190 now, expect to be 180 or less at BCT graduation. Never Quit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information