Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm a coyote hunter first and foremost but I manage to hunt waterfowl, deer etc..... I'm a big fan of small and sub-calibers, super fast tiny bullets kill coyotes without much fur damage, I own a few 22-250s and a couple .17 Rem and a .17 HMR a few .22s multiple shotguns several assault rifles and a handful of handguns a couple 30 calibers and a .243.

Slfmde....whats up with moving to Arkansas

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    I'm a coyote hunter first and foremost but I manage to hunt waterfowl, deer etc..... I'm a big fan of small and sub-calibers, super fast tiny bullets kill coyotes without much fur damage, I own a few 22-250s and a couple .17 Rem and a .17 HMR a few .22s multiple shotguns several assault rifles and a handful of handguns a couple 30 calibers and a .243.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    Slfmde....whats up with moving to Arkansas
    I would love to get browngirl a 22-250. I used to have single shot for coyote hunting, but I did once shoot a deer with it. It's technically too small of a caliber to ethically shoot a deer, but at the time I was reloading my own rounds and I was using ballastic tips. Maybe I hit it in just the right spot, I don't know, but it put as MASSIVE hole in that deer. It didn't run an inch.

As for Arkansas....I'm assuming you're asking why I'm moving. I was borned and raised there and moved away at 20yrs old. I swore I would never go back south. I thought I wanted the BIG CITY Party life.

Fast forward 10 years, and now my priorities have changed. I've worked very hard to build a business from scratch and put more hours into it that most of you would believe, and now I'm ready to take a break. BrownGirl and I have put back enough money that now we can build a house and semi-retire. I can't wait until I can spend my days hunting and fishing again....and working out of course. I'm just ready for the simple life with simple nice people again.

Also everything is cheaper there. Last summer we bought 2 acres of lake front property in the most prestigeous development in the city and it only cost us 40k. A shitty tiny lot in vegas cost triple that amount! In my business I deal with a lot of builders. When I showed them the house we're looking to build they quoted me 220-280 per sq ft. In Arkansas ~95 per sq ft!!!! So it a nutshell what would cost us over 2 million to do in Vegas, I can do in Arkansas for about 550k.

BrownGirl and I also get along with my family very well and we want to be closer to them. Close, but not too close! LOL We're about an hour and half away.

I'm pretty excited.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I carried a 6" stainless steel Colt Python in a shoulder holster for 12 years... vegas, cali, texas, ND..

the 40cal walther pps that i carry now can be carried comfortably in my shorts..

the kimber 45 cdp/laser is for show/belt holster and fun to shoot.

the taurus slim in 9mm is great for my wife, and rides in her car

the bond arms 45/410 (l like the 410 load the best) rides in my console

remember if you "need" to carry your gun into an area, don't go into that area..

the 870 is in tactical configuration

the .270 weatherby is in it's case

the 300 weatherby mag is in the case

my next purchase will be a 458 SOCOM on an AR platform http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=251
    Last edited by spywizard; 03-08-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    to carry a weapon

smartcarry is the best i've ever used

http://www.smartcarry.com/
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I would love to get browngirl a 22-250. I used to have single shot for coyote hunting, but I did once shoot a deer with it. It's technically too small of a caliber to ethically shoot a deer, but at the time I was reloading my own rounds and I was using ballastic tips. Maybe I hit it in just the right spot, I don't know, but it put as MASSIVE hole in that deer. It didn't run an inch.

As for Arkansas....I'm assuming you're asking why I'm moving. I was borned and raised there and moved away at 20yrs old. I swore I would never go back south. I thought I wanted the BIG CITY Party life.

Fast forward 10 years, and now my priorities have changed. I've worked very hard to build a business from scratch and put more hours into it that most of you would believe, and now I'm ready to take a break. BrownGirl and I have put back enough money that now we can build a house and semi-retire. I can't wait until I can spend my days hunting and fishing again....and working out of course. I'm just ready for the simple life with simple nice people again.

Also everything is cheaper there. Last summer we bought 2 acres of lake front property in the most prestigeous development in the city and it only cost us 40k. A shitty tiny lot in vegas cost triple that amount! In my business I deal with a lot of builders. When I showed them the house we're looking to build they quoted me 220-280 per sq ft. In Arkansas ~95 per sq ft!!!! So it a nutshell what would cost us over 2 million to do in Vegas, I can do in Arkansas for about 550k.

BrownGirl and I also get along with my family very well and we want to be closer to them. Close, but not too close! LOL We're about an hour and half away.

I'm pretty excited.

Ha!!!! So you're a redneck at heart!!! Me too, I've come close a couple times in the last few years to buying riverfront property in the Ozarks and becoming an outfitter......either MO. or AR. I do it now part time on a small level with kayaks but those turquois blue Ozark streams are absolutely beautiful and full of fish....and half naked women. In a couple years I may end up being your neighbor, for now I'm gonna ride out the construction business until my wife can retire, sell off my properties and float!!

I'm jealous!!!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    to carry a weapon

smartcarry is the best i've ever used

http://www.smartcarry.com/
    I'd be afraid to shoot my dick off. As stupid as that sounds it would still go through my head.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    the bond arms 45/410 (l like the 410 load the best) rides in my console
    That's what I'm talking about! Good gawd !! If a load of #4 buck doesn't deter the offender a .45 long colt will. Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    I'd be afraid to shoot my dick off. As stupid as that sounds it would still go through my head.
    Pun intended?

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE
    This bastard can shoot two bullets to two different targets, and to you it sounds like 1 shot. watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7HN7...eature=related
    Ahhh yes I live bob munden, mother fvcked is a bad ass, even had him shot a target 200 feet away. Mans in his 60's and still got it, he was on super humans and can pull the gun out shoot and put back in .001 of a second or like he says just fast lol

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Picked up my new 4th Gen Glock 19 over the weekend.. put 150 rounds through it on sunday..

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I put several 100s if not 1000s of rounds through my Glock 19. I now have a Glock 23 I yet to break in.

What ya waitin for? break her in.

I was lookin at a 23 n would have gotten that instead but the .40 was too much for my girl and having her be able to shoot if needed was a big concern.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    i cant wait to get my felony covered up so i can get a glock45.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Nice gun jasc. How dos that new grip feel?

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral
    Nice gun jasc. How dos that new grip feel?
    thanks bud

I really like the new grip. It's real comfortable n fits my hand well. It comes with the adjustable backstraps but I prefer no backstrap. The Gen 4's have a slimmer grip than previous Glocks. The med. backstrap makes it very similar to the traditional Glock handles. The large makes it a bit thicker.

For those of you who use nightsights, which brand do you prefer?
    I have been looking at Trijicon and Tru-dot.

The Tru-dots are said to be brighter, but have a weak warranty and the gas life seems to be shorter from what I've read(they burn out/fade faster)

Trijicon is the top name in nightsights, but are said to be not as bright as the Tru-dot, especially for daytime shooting.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    For those of you who use nightsights, which brand do you prefer?
    I have been looking at Trijicon and Tru-dot.

The Tru-dots are said to be brighter, but have a weak warranty and the gas life seems to be shorter from what I've read(they burn out/fade faster)

Trijicon is the top name in nightsights, but are said to be not as bright as the Tru-dot, especially for daytime shooting.

i have some tru-dot's and i like them. never tried the other. i am looking into getting a laser.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00

i have some tru-dot's and i like them. never tried the other. i am looking into getting a laser.
    thanks man.. I do like the look/color of the Tru-dots better myself.

A laser would be sweet, I was planning on getting one from the start but am beginning to reconsider. I was looking at the laser/light combo from glock, it's awesome looking and molds right in to the gun, but it's also $250 and I have no practical use for it. I live in a city, so can only shoot at the range. Might be kind of funny lookin using a laser at the range for targets that are 50ft away. lol

Have you seen the green lasers? those are badass

thanks man.. I do like the look/color of the Tru-dots better myself.

A laser would be sweet, I was planning on getting one from the start but am beginning to reconsider. I was looking at the laser/light combo from glock, it's awesome looking and molds right in to the gun, but it's also $250 and I have no practical use for it. I live in a city, so can only shoot at the range. Might be kind of funny lookin using a laser at the range for targets that are 50ft away. lol

Have you seen the green lasers? those are badass
    yup. i am thinking about getting a glock. i need a new toy

yup. i am thinking about getting a glock. i need a new toy
    I highly recommend one. I just got a Gen 4 n love it. Shoots very smoothly n dead accurate

I highly recommend one. I just got a Gen 4 n love it. Shoots very smoothly n dead accurate
    some friends and i went hog huntin with some glocks and i saw a sub compact 9mm take out a big sow in one shot. the thing weighed 205 lbs, the ones that cal likes!

some friends and i went hog huntin with some glocks and i saw a sub compact 9mm take out a big sow in one shot. the thing weighed 205 lbs, the ones that cal likes!
    lol..

impressive takedown with the 9mm

I was originally lookin at a subcompact n almost bought one until I handled it for a few minutes. My hands aren't very large, atleast I don't think, and holding the sub, even with a mag extender, my hand was too large. Had 1.5 fingers hangin off the bottom.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    The ONLY holster I ever use for concealed carry with all of my handguns is CROSSBREED. They by far make the best CCW holsters available. They're custom molded to each firearm, and you will NOT print when wearing the SuperTuck, best holster available IMO.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Here's my gun.

I keep it around the house....Just in Case!

Haven't had any problems with the neighbors lately either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information