Razor is offline Banned

Oh gawd another Ipad next week

......worthless

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    hate it or love it, everyones got one...

thats why they say instead of buying a house, you're better off buying apple shares

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I love how apple takes some run of the mill product and rebrands it to set off the yuppie bomb. Its a fkn laptop ffs

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    worthless, I still haven't ever even owned an ipod.

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    I love iproducts.

Razor is offline Banned
    iHateYou

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I own a design firm, so I have owned more Macs than you can imagine. Got the iPhone when it came out and liked it better than any Android phone my wife ever had. She recently gave up on them and got the new iPhone 4S. I have had several iPods as well. Loved them.

Having said that, I still cannot get into the iPad. It doesn't do anything I want to do that I cannot already do on my iPhone or Kindle Fire.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    I just ordered the new one (preorder). I use it for flying

^^^^ Yeah, I would definitely get one if I traveled a lot.

Razor is offline Banned
    Any new smartphone is just is productive as any tablet..I can do anything a tablet can do on my thunderbolt and can male Calla and send txt messages

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    screen is to small. Movies are 200 times better on a i-pad

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    tablet is good for traveling or as a secondary unit not a main use, thats what laptops are for.

Just get a 13 inch mac air and have the best of all worlds. big screen, full os, only 3 pounds or something close better battery life (debatable but close)
    (not a night and day difference)

Apple is a genius at there marketing they make one or 2 small changes and market it as a brand new item

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    tablet is good for traveling or as a secondary unit not a main use, thats what laptops are for.

Just get a 13 inch mac air and have the best of all worlds. big screen, full os, only 3 pounds or something close better battery life (debatable but close)
    (not a night and day difference)

Apple is a genius at there marketing they make one or 2 small changes and market it as a brand new item
    I agree a Mac book air is the way to go

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    New Apple TV is going to be worth it.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I own a design firm, so I have owned more Macs than you can imagine. Got the iPhone when it came out and liked it better than any Android phone my wife ever had. She recently gave up on them and got the new iPhone 4S. I have had several iPods as well. Loved them.

Having said that, I still cannot get into the iPad. It doesn't do anything I want to do that I cannot already do on my iPhone or Kindle Fire.
    I used to be all about Apple until they switched their pcs to the intel x86 architecture. Now, I just run a hackintosh. Works just as great as real apple hardware and I mostly work with xcode, digital performer, pro tools and logic pro.

Apple survives on marketing. The truth is their products are way overpriced for what they're good for. And when they break down, you can't just take it to anybody to fix, you have to go through their guys since they wont sell parts to the general public.

Razor is offline Banned
    How hard is it to get a hackinstoh up and runing

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    How hard is it to get a hackinstoh up and runing
    Depends on the motherboard, but I've had good success with gigabyte motherboards. Your best bet if you want to look in to it is to go to osx86project.org And start reading up on some of the guides. That'll give you an idea on what specifically for your hardware you'll have to do.

Also, I know it can be done with AMD processors, but you'll save a lot of headaches if you use an Intel processor with a minimum of SSE2 capabilities. Some applications and hardware wont run without the SSE3 processor instruction capability. But I think I'm getting way too technical. The new processors have SSE4 instruction sets and registers, but I've yet to come across hardware/software that requires it on the mac.

Expect to spend a good afternoon trying to get this working.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 03-09-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Included the stuff about the AMD and Intel processors

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I used to be all about Apple until they switched their pcs to the intel x86 architecture. Now, I just run a hackintosh. Works just as great as real apple hardware and I mostly work with xcode, digital performer, pro tools and logic pro.

Apple survives on marketing. The truth is their products are way overpriced for what they're good for. And when they break down, you can't just take it to anybody to fix, you have to go through their guys since they wont sell parts to the general public.

Your understanding with macs goes way back to leopard os......which was years ago man,

Everything is on i5/i7 processors which are all 64 bit based oses. Mac hardware is the best and they still dont have enough marketshare for virus makers to bother with them, The actual os is way better than a windows based unit as well for overall commands and ease of use.

Macs(Actually samsung) makes the best touchpad out available today, They were the leaders in the "ultrabooks"/mac air design as well that is now going to be replacing all of future laptop design as well now that physical media/disc versions are becoming obsolete.

The commands on macs provide for ease of use as well.

I used to be a windows guy until I bought a mac.
    I fix windows computers everyday at work
    I go home to a mac.

funny story though my mac actually has a bad mobo in it and im typing on a loaner sony pc though as my mac gets fixed which makes the post really funny and ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    Your understanding with macs goes way back to leopard os......which was years ago man,

Everything is on i5/i7 processors which are all 64 bit based oses. Mac hardware is the best and they still dont have enough marketshare for virus makers to bother with them, The actual os is way better than a windows based unit as well for overall commands and ease of use.

Macs(Actually samsung) makes the best touchpad out available today, They were the leaders in the "ultrabooks"/mac air design as well that is now going to be replacing all of future laptop design as well now that physical media/disc versions are becoming obsolete.

The commands on macs provide for ease of use as well.

I used to be a windows guy until I bought a mac.
    I fix windows computers everyday at work
    I go home to a mac.
    Actually, it goes back to snow leopard. the i5/i7 still use the x86 architecture, but they're next gen. Still you can boot osx on any pc that has SSE2 capabilities and SSE3 instruction set processors can run just about everything as of now in both 32bit and 64 bit modes.

I'm not talking about buying a mac, I'm talking about running it off a PC. you still need to use something like darwin to initially boot and then open the mac operating system.

I'm waiting for around summer before I install 10.8, because I know I'm going to run in to a bunch of problems. I'm running right now 10.6.8 and it can run just about everything after I switched the powermanagement kext to a modified one.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was all about androids until I got an iphone. Takes a huge heaping shit on any android phone. Idc if your phone has a 27mp camera or is fvcking 3d because my iphone works all the time. I see an ipad as a big iphone so I'm not getting one.

JP-MAN is offline Banned
    i def suggest that everyone gets a tab.
    i have a kndle fire and the ipad2. i love them both but only need one, and the ipad is bigger so that would be choice.

the best is having it at house, carrying a laptop around gets bulky, the tab is great for that and the best for the bathroom...

Razor is offline Banned
    I can take phone or laptop to the shitter with me lol

Actually, it goes back to snow leopard. the i5/i7 still use the x86 architecture, but they're next gen. Still you can boot osx on any pc that has SSE2 capabilities and SSE3 instruction set processors can run just about everything as of now in both 32bit and 64 bit modes.

I'm not talking about buying a mac, I'm talking about running it off a PC. you still need to use something like darwin to initially boot and then open the mac operating system.

I'm waiting for around summer before I install 10.8, because I know I'm going to run in to a bunch of problems. I'm running right now 10.6.8 and it can run just about everything after I switched the powermanagement kext to a modified one.
    Yeah ive made a couple hackintosh pcs, I remember it was always a bitch to get the wifi cards to work

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    Yeah ive made a couple hackintosh pcs, I remember it was always a bitch to get the wifi cards to work
    D-link cards get recognized as an airport card in 32 bit mode. in 64 bit mode you need a USB wireless card unless you know of a kext to get them to recognize it.

I can take phone or laptop to the shitter with me lol
    Smart phones changed the way the world poops.

Razor is offline Banned
    Texting was invented because of red lights and pooping

Texting was invented because of red lights and pooping
    If you can't drive and text at the same time, you shouldn't be driving.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by honkey_kong View Post
    if you can't drive and text at the same time, you shouldn't be driving.
    hahahaha

hahahaha
    It's not really hard to do. You just rest the phone on the steering wheel and use your thumbs like usual. If they're going to ban texting while driving, they should ban people over 50 from driving on the freeway.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Who needs to use your thumbs/txt when you have voice recognition and speak to type. Works perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Who needs to use your thumbs/txt when you have voice recognition and speak to type. Works perfect.
    You might as well just call the person at that point.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You might as well just call the person at that point.

You can say the same for txting also then. All it does it put what you say into txt and is 10x quicker they trying to use your thumbs to txt. I dont type slow either.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 03-12-2012 at 02:26 AM.

Thread Information