JayBee is offline Associate Member

who's from north jersey?

I'm basically new to the area although I moved here about 15 yrs ago but didn't grow up here. I'm in lower Bergen county, Meadowlands area.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    You're about 15 minutes from me....You familiar with Strong and Shapely in East Rutherford?

rippedfromabove is offline Associate Member
    Right here.. i go to Signature Fitness in Belleville

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rippedfromabove View Post
    Right here.. i go to Signature Fitness in Belleville
    I trained there for a little bit when I was living in Bloomfield. I had to get out of Powerhouse in Bloomfield, place is an absolute dump. I live near Totowa now so I am at Gold's which is nice.

Two of my boys are actually Trainer's at Signature- probably the two biggest black trainers in there- I bet you know who I am talking about..lol
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 04-22-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer

I trained there for a little bit when I was living in Bloomfield. I had to get out of Powerhouse in Bloomfield, place is an absolute dump. I live near Totowa now so I am at Gold's which is nice.

Two of my boys are actually Trainer's at Signature- probably the two biggest black trainers in there- I bet you know who I am talking about..lol
    I know one of them. Me and him had a little argument because they wouldnt let me use the track... great gym though

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    was from there. Trained at World Gym in Paramus
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Not from there but did some work up there the past couple years. Golds Paramus and Towtowa.

looking for a new gym, my gym is too small and not enough equip. especially now that summer is coming the place is mobbed. alot of high school kids there everyday so to get a good workout in I gotta go @ 8 or 9 at nite. I was thinking of hitting up the one near the train station in e rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee
    looking for a new gym, my gym is too small and not enough equip. especially now that summer is coming the place is mobbed. alot of high school kids there everyday so to get a good workout in I gotta go @ 8 or 9 at nite. I was thinking of hitting up the one near the train station in e rutherford
    Are you close to whipanny?

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    MOved from NYC to Teaneck to move in with my gf. NJ was def not for me. Back in Queens

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I have nightmares about being born in places like that Sorry but I cant handle the city life.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I have nightmares about being born in places like that Sorry but I cant handle the city life.
    lol, its what you grow up in or are used to.
    When we moved to Dallas we hated it. Even though its a city it was way to slow and annoying

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Thats strong and shapely - i've trained there a few times and I'm in that area all the time visiting a female companion hahaha

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    ^^^^ LMFAO! Thats this weekend too..... I'm not going.... it gets way to fvcking packed in there and I can't move.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I spent most of my life in hudson and lower bergen county.I had a membership at strong and shapley back in 06. I now have a membership with retro. I currently live in west central new jersey but still spent a lot of time in north east jersey. I like retro cause i love having the option to go to multiple gyms with only buying one membership. I know im bumping an old thresd but i just spotted it....retro has everything you need and so for its never to packed, and so far ive been to several locations there all pretty much similar. i can almost always get on any machine i want right away, plus everything is brand new.....
    Last edited by Wes201; 10-29-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good thread. Now I know who and where to avoid. Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by newguy33

I spent most of my life in hudson and lower bergen county (E. Rutherford) (secaucus) (jersey city) I had a membership at strong and shapley back in 06. I now have a membership with retro. I currently live in west central new jersey but still spent a lot of time in north east jersey, thats where a lot of my friends and family still are. I like retro cause when im home i can go to the fleminton location after work, or greenbrook, or if im spending the night by family, i can go to the secaucus location. i love having the option to go to many gyms with only buying one membership. I know im bumping an old thresd but im also looking for people who are close by me. Most of my friends are not into working out, so finding a partner would be cool....retro has everything you need and so for its never to packed. i can almost always get on any machine i want right away, plus everything is brand new.....feel free to shoot a pm if any more questions
    I've actually bought a home at the jersey shore, Belmar area. So now I'm lookin for places and things down in this area lol. There actually is a retro a 2 min drive from my house now. I'm actually checking it out but looking at WOW, work out world, now and it looks like I'll be joining there.

ali_baba is offline Junior Member
    If you want a decent gym join any of the large chains but if what you're looking for is a hardcore bodybuilding gym then strong and shapely is exactly where you want to be. They have A TON of equipment including everything from hammer strength to ridiculous amounts of free weights to a complete line of compressed air machines there. There are a rather large number of competitive bodybuilders there so you can get great advice from some people (the owner of the gym used to compete as well). Strong and Shapely is hands down the best gym I have ever been a member of and I have worked out at LA fitness, Metro fitness, 24 hour fitness, and various athletic facilities at my university

Cash money is offline New Member
    I'm from New Jersey I'm looking for a new gym also. Anyone have any ideas for the edison, Woodbridge area?

Blog Entries
    Yup, thats strong and shaply. Its decent, but now with retro around i wouldnt go back there, you cant beat retros prices and there is one in secaucus, only 5 min from rutherford....I workout there sometimes although it is not my home gym.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash money View Post
    I'm from New Jersey I'm looking for a new gym also. Anyone have any ideas for the edison, Woodbridge area?
    theres a big retro in woodbridge, cant beat thier prices.....and its a chain. once your a member you can use anyone you want

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm down the shore now, but originally from Elizabeth - kinda North Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I'm down the shore now, but originally from Elizabeth - kinda North Jersey.
    your from the hood

Elmora represent lol

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Born in Ridgewood!
    Got the hell out ASAP! LOL, Jk!

Thread Information