Shol'va is offline Productive Member

Open Q's To Marcus And Other AR Forum Brits

Marcus I was just going to pm you these but figure many other members might be interested in your takes on this as well so here goes. I'm curious as to your opinions of England hosting the Olympics. Has it caused you any troubles or hassles in your day to day lives with all the influx of so many people from everywhere. Not to mention all that extra security everywhere you go? Also are you going to any of the events? And one final question..are you guys being blown away with way too much rain? Has it flooded your flats? Washed you away? It seems like it's raining everyday over there. 40 days and 40 nights..lol This goes to all you forum Brits. I'm curious how you all feel about it all of if it's no biggie and you will be glad when it's over and everyone gone so life can return to normal. Personally I wish I could come over for the events but I can't break away from work so I'll settle for watching it all on the tele. And if any of you guys have one of the businesses over there that sell olympic souveniers, here's hoping you make tons of moolah.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "Bloody hell mate, chip chip cheerio to you ol chap"

Marcus answer, he texted me

Not from Britain but when the winter Olympics came to Vancouver in 2010 (where I live) it was one of the funnest weeks of my life. Solid week long party everywhere you went. Leading up to it there was a lot of excitement and the city had a awesome "feel" to it.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post

lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post

alex you bad...lmfao

supersize me is offline Associate Member
    I could see this possibly becoming a problem:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-traffic-chaos

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You yanks are odd lol

The Olympics won't have any impact on me, don't live close and it won't effect me in anyway. I'm sure it will be good for the country though.

The weather does piss me off, doesn't stop raining but guess its better than snow!

Will that do my young chap? If you do ever come over pop in for a cup of tea mate x

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Same here, none of the action is anywhere near me. Sure it will be good for the country though and hopefully the security debacle will be sorted.

Wettest 3 months for a long time are just about passing us by. It didn't rain on St Swithens day so that's a plus. Maybe it will be nice for the Olympics.

On the plus side I'm in the right time zone so there's no getting up early or staying up late for key events live.

Toodle pip!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Are you guys going to go to any of the events?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    The Sydney olympics had such a great buzz when they were on here. Everyone got sick of hearing about it for years leading up to it, but once it was here, it was awesome. I'd just turned 18(legal drinking age), finished school and it was partying for the full 2 weeks. London would be the same I'd think-Except for the weather lol

stpete is offline Banned
    "Pop in for a cup of tea?" Sounds like a set up to me.....

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    "Pop in for a cup of tea?" Sounds like a set up to me.....
    Cup of tea always leads to spotted dick.......

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta

Or a spot of tiffin!

Not going to any events, subscription process was awful and they are way expensive!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    any more missiles on rooftops?

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I am to far north for any dissruption nothing has changed for me in my everyday life.
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude
    any more missiles on rooftops?
    Ha ha, no more than there were but the army has been drafted in to cover security!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Ha ha, no more than there were but the army has been drafted in to cover security!
    Saw some crazy protests in the news. But why would people complain about added security? The more the merrier i'll say.

The taxi drivers were protesting against lane closures on the roads. Lanes that are now specifically for Olympic buses/athletes/officials. Also protests from tenants of the buildings where surface to air missiles have been placed.

The private company contracted to provide security have made a complete balls up of recruiting and training and are over 3000 security officers down on what they should have. Personally u feel safer with the army than any random person without any security experience.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    The taxi drivers were protesting against lane closures on the roads. Lanes that are now specifically for Olympic buses/athletes/officials. Also protests from tenants of the buildings where surface to air missiles have been placed.

The private company contracted to provide security have made a complete balls up of recruiting and training and are over 3000 security officers down on what they should have. Personally u feel safer with the army than any random person without any security experience.
    Kinda bs about the lane closures n I bet it just fvcks traffic..

As for the missile set-ups, that'd be badass.. I'd allow it on my roof as long as I got to check it out.. Would make for some sweet pics when selling the house/building later on

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The Olympics havent been without controversy here.

For awhile, London Bus drivers were threatening to go on strike because they were expected to work lots of extra unsociable hours. A couple of days ago it was settled that they'd be getting a bonus.

Then there's been the thing with Landlords. Apparantly a lot of UK tenants who rent are being kicked out of their homes, because the landlords know they can get away with charging 5 times the amount to tourists, and lets face facts, the chinese would buy 100 quid for a cup of tea if told that was the asking price.

There's also been concern over why half the security for the Olympics haven't been trained up fully yet.

And anything with the word "Olympic" or "2012 game" or anything dressed up in a what looks like a athletes wear, can and has been "banned" due to so called copyright infringement. I heard on the radio and old lady that runs a charity shop that had a teddy bear dressed as an olympian was told she had to remove it, and she only wanted it there to show support. Also you can only take certain things into the grounds. For example, coca cola is allowed, pepsi is not. This apparantly is to stop 3rd party advertisement.

EDIT: Also, the British football team is a load of crap. When did the olympics become a swan song for old, has-been footballers? Another occasion where we fall flat on our face football wise.

Holy Crapola this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ sounds so much like American politics I think I'd feel right at home over there...lol

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    I prefer mine without the spots....

Thread Information