Shol'va is offline Productive Member

Can The American Senate Get Any Worse?

In Missouri there is a republican senate wanna be named Todd Akin. He has been making appearances all over the Missouri airwaves. Well at one recent appearance he said on the subject of Women and rape that a woman has a way of stopping a rape. Her body has a way of shutting it down. So basically a woman cannot be raped and therefore wants her attacker to do it if it is accomplished. And then went on to say that if she was raped that under no circumstance can she get the baby aborted if she becomes pregnant from that rape because the child is innocent and you cannot punish the child for what the father did. So ladies of Missouri if a man rapes you, you must raise that child and every time you look at it you will be reminded that you were raped by his father. Not only will you be forced to do this but forced to have the child in the first place. And he wants your vote to become Senator from Missouri. Now what would Laura Schlessinger say..Go Take On The Day!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    By his logic, if a woman is raped and gets pregnant it automatically means she is lying about being raped. Makes me sick.

I think the issue that people should be talking about is the information people will choose to believe (despite being completely debunked) because it fits their religious beliefs. This is what he needs to believe in order for him to stick to his "no exceptions on abortion" stance.

And your question about whether the Senate (or congress as a whole) can get any worse? Hell yes it can. No way this is them at their worst. They can definitely be more corrupt and selfish. They just need us to continue to not punish them in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    By his logic, if a woman is raped and gets pregnant it automatically means she is lying about being raped. Makes me sick.

I think the issue that people should be talking about is the information people will choose to believe (despite being completely debunked) because it fits their religious beliefs. This is what he needs to believe in order for him to stick to his "no exceptions on abortion" stance.

And your question about whether the Senate (or congress as a whole) can get any worse? Hell yes it can. No way this is them at their worst. They can definitely be more corrupt and selfish. They just need us to continue to not punish them in any way.
    The best punishment we can give them is to send them home!

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    In Missouri there is a republican senate wanna be named Todd Akin. He has been making appearances all over the Missouri airwaves. Well at one recent appearance he said on the subject of Women and rape that a woman has a way of stopping a rape. Her body has a way of shutting it down. So basically a woman cannot be raped and therefore wants her attacker to do it if it is accomplished. And then went on to say that if she was raped that under no circumstance can she get the baby aborted if she becomes pregnant from that rape because the child is innocent and you cannot punish the child for what the father did. So ladies of Missouri if a man rapes you, you must raise that child and every time you look at it you will be reminded that you were raped by his father. Not only will you be forced to do this but forced to have the child in the first place. And he wants your vote to become Senator from Missouri. Now what would Laura Schlessinger say..Go Take On The Day!
    Did he explain how a woman can stop said rape? I'm sure the explanation will be funnier than the claim.

Was this argument in regards to the Obummercare's abortion coverage?

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Did he explain how a woman can stop said rape? I'm sure the explanation will be funnier than the claim.
    He is going by an old (and completely wrong) belief that a woman's body will be inhospitable to pregnancy that is caused by a forceful rape. That her magic anti-rape defenses will kick in and stop basic biology from working. It is known fact that a large percentage of rapes result in pregnancy in the US. Never mind the tens of thousands of babies that have been the result of systematic rape in Africa. So yeah, Akin is willing to believe complete rubbish if it is in line with his personal beliefs. I mean, "core values."

Was this argument in regards to the Obummercare's abortion coverage?
    Pretty sure he means that we should vote out (or not elect) anyone that turns out to be a selfish, moronic, corrupt, lying, philanderer or other offensive kind of person. Regardless of political party. There are evil, selfish people on both sides.

No it was just an interview he gave a reporter explaining his views on various issues. I assume his thoughts on woman able to shut down the rape are
    A: Throw up on their assailant while he tries to penetrate you
    B: Turn out to be butt ugly and scare away your rapist
    C: Clamp your legs so tightly that even the rapist 4 inch penis cannot get through
    D: Have a deadly smelling yeast infection turning off the assailant completely causing him to lose his erection

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    he is an idiot. I guess by his definition any man in prison for rape and the victim got pregnant should be let go. Since apparently it wasnt a legitimate rape
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Republicans are scared of losing Missouri to Claire McCaskell now that this butt head has ruined it for them. But Todd is running many I'm sorry ads on Missouri TV trying to undo the damage. He says he screwed up and used the wrong words. Basically he said that it isnt what you say but rather how you say what you say when you say what it is you say when he meant to say what he said instead of saying what he meant. Clear as mud!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    he is an idiot. I guess by his definition any man in prison for rape and the victim got pregnant should be let go. Since apparently it wasnt a legitimate rape
    Exactly, because she must have been lying if she got pregnant. Everyone knows that rape doesn't result in pregnancy.

Did you know that in a majority of states (31, I think) a rapist has the same parental rights as any father? Yup, they can sue for custody and can be a part of the child's life. The raped woman has to tolerate her rapist being a permanent part of her life. Can you imagine having your rapist come to your door to pick up his kid for "daddy weekend" every week? Fuuuuuuuu.....

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why I will always believe in abortion! Its sad but to many variables

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    No it was just an interview he gave a reporter explaining his views on various issues. I assume his thoughts on woman able to shut down the rape are
    A: Throw up on their assailant while he tries to penetrate you
    B: Turn out to be butt ugly and scare away your rapist
    C: Clamp your legs so tightly that even the rapist 4 inch penis cannot get through
    D: Have a deadly smelling yeast infection turning off the assailant completely causing him to lose his erection
    Since it's Missouri then if the women who was raped has the child are the raped and rapist still brother and sister lol

is it to late to abort Akin?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Since it's Missouri then if the women who was raped has the child are the raped and rapist still brother and sister lol
    If it's between brother and sister then it's not rape, but rather family expansion as seen in Arkansas.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Was there a news article you read recently? I'd like to read it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    it was all over the tv. im sure if you google him you will find 100 links

If it's between brother and sister then it's not rape, but rather family expansion as seen in Arkansas.
    Not headed to Power and Light tonight Shol'va? I love that place this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Pretty sure he means that we should vote out (or not elect) anyone that turns out to be a selfish, moronic, corrupt, lying, philanderer or other offensive kind of person. Regardless of political party. There are evil, selfish people on both sides.
    I guess I was misleading in what I quoted, but I meant Akin's whole reason for speaking on this.. Did he just not want the government to cover abortions at all including those by rape?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Here is the video and it's toward the end when he speaks of it. At first he sounds ok and then he starts to talk about quote "A Legitimate Rape" as if rapes are classified as legitimate and my question is how is that done? And then he further says about protecting the child of the rape that it shouldn't be penalized basically because it was from Legitiment Rape. Now I'm not sure what his opinion is on illegitimate rape because he didn't say whether the female body could shut that thing down or not. Like I say he sounds real credible at first and he veers off into legitimate rapes.

I guess I was misleading in what I quoted, but I meant Akin's whole reason for speaking on this.. Did he just not want the government to cover abortions at all including those by rape?
    he wants to make all abortions illegal, even for rape or incest. He was saying there doesnt need to be an acception for rape victims because if its a legitimate rape she wont get pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    he wants to make all abortions illegal, even for rape or incest. He was saying there doesnt need to be an acception for rape victims because if its a legitimate rape she wont get pregnant
    Because when you are legitimately raped according to Akin then your body has a way off shutting that thing down..lol

I thought I was raped a few times, but they say you can't rape a willing sole.....

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    This guys a moron, I bet if it was HIS wife or daughter he would be singing a different tune.

Not headed to Power and Light tonight Shol'va? I love that place this time of year.
    Sorry, I missed your post last night. But no I headed on over to Missy B's, grabbed what I needed and then went on home early. For some odd reason I'm all tired and sore this morning.. I should have known you were from Independence.. Just caught your location..lol You should have put MethCapitol.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    you mean like in the last house of representative election?? sending home?? how many democrats??

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...91-503544.html

Net ChangeREP +63
    D 256 193
    R 179 242
    I - -

That person is simply a reflection of the people in His district/state, if you disagree with his position, you are disagreeing with the position of all of those people that support him..Politicians only voice what the people want him to be.. not necessarily who he is..

Bill Clinton is a perfect reflection of this system..
    Last edited by spywizard; 08-25-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Sorry, I missed your post last night. But no I headed on over to Missy B's, grabbed what I needed and then went on home early. For some odd reason I'm all tired and sore this morning.. I should have known you were from Independence.. Just caught your location..lol You should have put MethCapitol.
    Actually not from Missouri at all. I just get down there on occasion. Think I29 North 4 hours....

it would never happen but we shouldnt have a few hundred people making laws and decisions on shit they have no clue about. Some rep from north dokata who may have never left his state before being elected is making decisions on foreign affairs. People who have no medical knowledge making decisions on health related issues. Some how no education on military practices or never served making decisions on what the pentagon needs and going to war.

Instead of having alot of people who are experts at nothing making decisions on everything. I wish there were specialized smaller groups making decisions on things they are experts on.

Since Todd Akin made that statement about women and rape, he has had his very life threatened. But the police have it narrowed down as to who might want him dead, to All Women Everywhere!

Actually not from Missouri at all. I just get down there on occasion. Think I29 North 4 hours....
    Ok I see the big O. Is The Max still open and running?

Thread Information