A strange thing happened at the gym yesterday...

42 y/o
    6'2"
    233 lbs
    10.5% bf

The underlying facts:

I am in the fourth week of my first cycle, 500mg of TestE split into two pins of 250mg mon/thurs.
    I feel absolutely no different physically...but that's not the point, read on.
    My sex drive, which was very high without Test is unchanged, again, not the point.
    No breakouts, anger/aggression issues that I didn't already have and my appetite is unchanged.

Now having listed all that you may think I'm about to start piss moaning about bunk gear, but that's not the case.

Yesterday, I went to the gym for my usual Friday workout and realized immediately something was different. After 15 mins of intense stretching and 30 mins on an eliptical to get loose and sweaty, I headed straight over to the bench, racked my usual 5x5 weight, laid down on the bench and damn near threw the weight through the roof. I swear it felt like a bare bar. 50 lbs more on my bench workout weight. I really felt charged after that, hopped over to incline press and the same thing. Regular weight felt like nothing, added 30lb to that. I could list out all my stations and the increases but they range from 12-23.5%. The recovery time between sets was nothing. I'd come up from a set, muscles on fire and thirty seconds later I was ready to go again. I worked out twice as long, at a rate that I haven't been able to maintain in years.

This morning I woke up in great fear of the agony I was sure to feel and was shocked. I'm just a little tight, not even sore. I good hot shower loosened me right up and I have a strong desire to return to the gym and have at it again. Today is a scheduled rest day and I'm going to try to honor that, I know I need to rest and recover.

Now it's my opinion that the TestE kicked in sometime between my Thursday morning pin and my Friday workout, and I was wondering if this is a normal response to a TestE cycle. As I said, I don't feel different mood wise or sex drive wise, I do seem to be wanting to go to the gym a little more than normal, but I believe everyone would want to go back after a huge jump forward the day before.

So share with me your onset experiences. I'm curious how my experience measures with others.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Yes 4-5th week is when people normally feel it. An yes it sorta just hits u at once. Keep up the good work.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Post in the lounge for experiences. Q and A is for q and a

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Thats awesome by the way Keep killing it

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    My first cycle, I never had that "on" feeling. Just like u, no real mood change and sex drive Was already high. So yeah id say everything sounds about right. Beast it up!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Me of There View Post
    42 y/o
    6'2"
    233 lbs
    10.5% bf

The underlying facts:

I am in the fourth week of my first cycle, 500mg of TestE split into two pins of 250mg mon/thurs.
    I feel absolutely no different physically...but that's not the point, read on.
    My sex drive, which was very high without Test is unchanged, again, not the point.
    No breakouts, anger/aggression issues that I didn't already have and my appetite is unchanged.

Now having listed all that you may think I'm about to start piss moaning about bunk gear, but that's not the case.

Yesterday, I went to the gym for my usual Friday workout and realized immediately something was different. After 15 mins of intense stretching and 30 mins on an eliptical to get loose and sweaty, I headed straight over to the bench, racked my usual 5x5 weight, laid down on the bench and damn near threw the weight through the roof. I swear it felt like a bare bar. 50 lbs more on my bench workout weight. I really felt charged after that, hopped over to incline press and the same thing. Regular weight felt like nothing, added 30lb to that. I could list out all my stations and the increases but they range from 12-23.5%. The recovery time between sets was nothing. I'd come up from a set, muscles on fire and thirty seconds later I was ready to go again. I worked out twice as long, at a rate that I haven't been able to maintain in years.

This morning I woke up in great fear of the agony I was sure to feel and was shocked. I'm just a little tight, not even sore. I good hot shower loosened me right up and I have a strong desire to return to the gym and have at it again. Today is a scheduled rest day and I'm going to try to honor that, I know I need to rest and recover.

Now it's my opinion that the TestE kicked in sometime between my Thursday morning pin and my Friday workout, and I was wondering if this is a normal response to a TestE cycle. As I said, I don't feel different mood wise or sex drive wise, I do seem to be wanting to go to the gym a little more than normal, but I believe everyone would want to go back after a huge jump forward the day before.

So share with me your onset experiences. I'm curious how my experience measures with others.
    yep it used to happen to me more then once.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Now is when you want to be careful. Although you feel like superman your tendons are not quite so forgiving and it's easy to lift to much and tweak a shoulder or pull a tendon and then go through several months of recovery or worse. Use logic and dont increase the weight to much and enjoy the gains in size more.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    yeh I remember about 5 weeks in and sittn down on the leg press and just blastn 415+ lbs fir 20 reps and doin the same for the second and third set....its an amazin feeling

nycdave is offline Junior Member
    Excellent. This type of response has happened to me before. It's a great feeling. Great to see another 40 something guy on here btw...

Thread Information