Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I'm thinking we should all get together for a hunt somewhere. South Dakota pheasents or Prairie dogs, Texas hogs, Wyoming Pronghorn..........
    Why not come hunt big whitetails on my property lol.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter

I'm in. Where do I go

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    I'm thinking we should all get together for a hunt somewhere. South Dakota pheasents or Prairie dogs, Texas hogs, Wyoming Pronghorn..........
    that is something i have been dying to do the lats few years. we don't have anything like that around were i live. and if i had to travel in Canada to do this, it would likely be just as far as heading down to the states. ive seen some really interesting videos on prairie dogs - gets my heart pumping every time! count me in! i would love to see my .270 vaporize a few dogs. but of course i would unleash the Browning 243wssm on them shortly afterwards.

i once shot a black bear with the aforementioned rifle and the energy of a 55grn bullet broke two ribs on the way in! it's got wheels! hands down, my favorite rifle to shoot and the most accurate i have ever owned - fits like an isotoner glove.

p.s. put three rounds off the bench into one hole with only the sightless oblong.
    Last edited by MickeyKnox; 09-29-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling..changed shit to shot..lol

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    that is something i have been dying to do the lats few years. we don't have anything like that around were i live. and if i had to travel in Canada to do this, it would likely be just as far as heading down to the states. ive seen some really interesting videos on prairie dogs - gets my heart pumping every time! count me in! i would love to see my .270 vaporize a few dogs. but of course i would unleash the Browning 243wssm on them shortly afterwards.

i once shit a black bear with the aforementioned rifle and the energy of a 55grn bullet broke two ribs on the way in! it's got wheels! hands down, my favorite rifle to shoot and the most accurate i have ever owned - fits like an isotoner glove.

p.s. put three rounds off the bench into one hole with only the sightless oblong.
    If there is an interest I know some ppl in South Dakota...prairie dog hunting is cheap....other than the ammo bill lol.

Start out with the close ones with the 17HMR move back to the .223, next to the .243 and lastly reach out and touch em with the 7MM. Then drink beer all night lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Hunter you probably don't mind killing a few extra right now. I am a state south of ya and we got plenty. There like rats here...and the Turkeys EVERYWHERE!

Hunter you probably don't mind killing a few extra right now. I am a state south of ya and we got plenty. There like rats here...and the Turkeys EVERYWHERE!
    We get the big northern bruisers up here. 150+ bc bucks are very common. You guys would have a ball up here. 200 acres of private land, we could have a good time.

We get the big northern bruisers up here. 150+ bc bucks are very common. You guys would have a ball up here. 200 acres of private land, we could have a good time.
    this sounds like northern Saskatchewan. we use to go there every year and take out some barn burners. my buddies are going this year but im out. maybe next fall it'll be wt's with Hunter and prairie dogs with Lunk.

If there is an interest I know some ppl in South Dakota...prairie dog hunting is cheap....other than the ammo bill lol.

Start out with the close ones with the 17HMR move back to the .223, next to the .243 and lastly reach out and touch em with the 7MM. Then drink beer all night lol.
    i like that idea! and shooting those dogs sounds fun too

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter

I will bring the beer!!! For carbs of course

AXx
    Wow, now this would be awesome. I'm down for big northern white tails, coyotes, prairie dogs, pheasants, I'm down for whatever

Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    Wow, now this would be awesome. I'm down for big northern white tails, coyotes, prairie dogs, pheasants, I'm down for whatever
    We have heard that AXx

I was just telling Cape about ours here 150 is pretty common and seen several 170's

What does an out of state tag cost up there???

capetown is offline Senior Member
    I will fly down whenever. But remember that i probably cant shoot anything in the states so as long as someone will claim they pulled the trigger.

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

We have heard that AXx
    Shut up boy.

Quote Originally Posted by capetown View Post
    I will fly down whenever. But remember that i probably cant shoot anything in the states so as long as someone will claim they pulled the trigger.
    Can you not be licensed to hunt in the US???

AXx

I was just telling Cape about ours here 150 is pretty common and seen several 170's

We in TN/AL don't really have big deer. 150-170 Boone and Crockett would be ginormous here. I might possibly $hit my pants if I saw one that big in real life

We in TN/AL don't really have big deer. 150-170 Boone and Crockett would be ginormous here. I might possibly $hit my pants if I saw one that big in real life
    Im going to see if I can get a pic tonight of a friends shop wall....frikin nutz. But we call him wood tick cause he lives there year round lol.

But those warm climates grow nice big Large Mouths

Can you not be licensed to hunt in the US???
    I dunno, never looked into it before. I dont even know how it works. We always have texans here being guided so i guess it is possible.

^^ 100% non resident license. it's more expensive, mind you.

AXx

But those warm climates grow nice big Large Mouths
    We have a lot of fish. Big fish just no damn big deer.

We have a lot of fish. Big fish just no damn big deer.
    C'mon up fireman...Ill put ya on some deer. We usually kill about 150 or so during the 3 weeks of gun season lol

C'mon up fireman...Ill put ya on some deer. We usually kill about 150 or so during the 3 weeks of gun season lol
    150 or so?? hahahaha....hey can you spare a tenderloin for old friend? lol

AXx

150 different deer or scores 150??

150 different deer or scores 150??
    150 diff deer...we slaughter em...DNR gives us tags to kill more because of crop damage

150 or so?? hahahaha....hey can you spare a tenderloin for old friend? lol
    I have to take 1 to the locker myself this year. freezers lookin pretty empty. Plus I got deer chile on the menu for tomorrow

150 diff deer...we slaughter em...DNR gives us tags to kill more because of crop damage
    those are farmer tags where im from. allows for increase numbers of wt's to be harvested by farm owners because of crop damage.

Come gets some of our deer as well. Mule deer are like rats here. They walk up the streets like they own the place. The town is in a big river valley and they all know to stay down where the land is private. Not too many land owners in the valley will give permission to shoot them. Not that i would eat mule deer anyway. Jerky and sausage is about it.
    Btw, no hunting tonight. Wife is gone to choir practice.( this is what teachers call going for drinks). Anyhow, im home with rugrats.

those are farmer tags where im from. allows for increase numbers of wt's to be harvested by farm owners because of crop damage.
    Come gets some of our deer as well. Mule deer are like rats here. They walk up the streets like they own the place. The town is in a big river valley and they all know to stay down where the land is private. Not too many land owners in the valley will give permission to shoot them. Not that i would eat mule deer anyway. Jerky and sausage is about it.
    Btw, no hunting tonight. Wife is gone to choir practice.( this is what teachers call going for drinks). Anyhow, im home with rugrats.
    Yeah Mick..same here but anybody hunting that ground can fill the tags.

Choir practice has the same definition everywhere i think

Yeah Mick..same here but anybody hunting that ground can fill the tags.

Choir practice has the same definition everywhere i think
    Oh, we just say we are going to get drunk but i work in a knuckle dragging environment. Lol.

Oh, we just say we are going to get drunk but i work in a knuckle dragging environment. Lol.
    Should have specified...for the ladies or the high society.

This is why i never heard of such a name.

220. I am only 30 minutes from the canadian border and I am proud to say not only do we grow big racks just the body size is impressive. We could hunt bucks in the morning and evening then sky bust Honkers and snow geese in the afternoon.

220. I am only 30 minutes from the canadian border and I am proud to say not only do we grow big racks just the body size is impressive. We could hunt bucks in the morning and evening then sky bust Honkers and snow geese in the afternoon.
    Sold!!!

Sold!!!
    Between my sisters and mom no one would need a license lol. Up in our part of the world the game and fish pretty much keep to themselves.

Noooo...i would much rather donate my $ to the great state voluntarily than forcefully lol

Noooo...i would much rather donate my $ to the great state voluntarily than forcefully lol
    tag sharing is legal for whitetails here. Just not for waterfowl cause of how amazing it is and that is where they make most of their money.

tag sharing is legal for whitetails here. Just not for waterfowl cause of how amazing it is and that is where they make most of their money.
    Is tag sharing legal for outa staters?

You guys are so lucky with the waterfowl! We used to be in the flyway so all of your geese flew by on their way South but that has changed. Now its a few lesser Canadians, some locals and a lotta snows

Is tag sharing legal for outa staters?

You guys are so lucky with the waterfowl! We used to be in the flyway so all of your geese flew by on their way South but that has changed. Now its a few lesser Canadians, some locals and a lotta snows
    The first part I dont know. We have amazing goose(greater, lesser and snows) and mallard. Plus blue and green tea, canvasbacks redheads. Plus most locals could give a **** about waterfowl so most farmers are more then happy to open up there property. It would be fun to get a group of guys to go out hunting. Up here we would have 3000+ acres of wheat and soybeans to hunt plus a lot of nice jump shooting.

The first part I dont know. We have amazing goose(greater, lesser and snows) and mallard. Plus blue and green tea, canvasbacks redheads. Plus most locals could give a **** about waterfowl so most farmers are more then happy to open up there property. It would be fun to get a group of guys to go out hunting. Up here we would have 3000+ acres of wheat and soybeans to hunt plus a lot of nice jump shooting.
    You can stop twisting my arm now!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information