View Poll Results: Where (if at all) do you have the worst stretch marks? Multiple choices allowed.

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legs

    1 9.09%
  • Arms

    3 27.27%
  • Chest

    4 36.36%
  • Stomach

    1 9.09%
  • Back

    1 9.09%
  • Shoulders

    3 27.27%
  • Thighs

    2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    Lazarov's Avatar
    Lazarov is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264

    Post What are the most common stretch mark areas?

    I want to take preventative measures with lotions and oils. What would you guys say are the most common locations for stretch marks from quick muscle gain? Please be specific to the area of the body (upper bicep, lower abs, etc.).

  2. #2
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    15,929
    I didn't see penis so i picked thighs..

    at least on me..
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

  3. #3
    Gronkowski's Avatar
    Gronkowski is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    171
    Changes for everyone I'd say.. For me I have some on my biceps and chest, Lats and love handle area and inner leg.

  4. #4
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,153
    thighs, lower abdomen and front-under arms

  5. #5
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    10,147
    For me it's around my armpit on the bottom where my shoulder and back meet and where my shoulder and chest meet also

  6. #6
    Lazarov's Avatar
    Lazarov is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264
    I have them at those exact same spots too. And on the love handles.

  7. #7
    Lazarov's Avatar
    Lazarov is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronkowski View Post
    Changes for everyone I'd say.. For me I have some on my biceps and chest, Lats and love handle area and inner leg.
    Sounds like you packed on a lot of muscle in a short period of time to get marks even on your lats.

  8. #8
    SEOINAGE's Avatar
    SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,863
    Have had two serious bulks that resulted in thigh and glute stretch marks, but the worst ones were in the groin area. Get some in armpit/shoulder but they are hardly anything to bother. Can't really see any of my stretch marks anymore.

  9. #9
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    Buy some udder balm it works well on stretch marks everywhere and there was no listing on your poll for stretch marks which are caused by a pole...It was originally used on milking cow teets to keep them tender and supple during and after milking. But works well for the skin also.


  10. #10
    Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Buy some udder balm it works well on stretch marks everywhere and there was no listing on your poll for stretch marks which are caused by a pole...It was originally used on milking cow teets to keep them tender and supple during and after milking. But works well for the skin also.

    You gay guys are the best for fashion and skin care advice!

  11. #11
    Renesis's Avatar
    Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NY, Long Island
    Posts
    3,533
    I get them the worst on my chest to armpit area

  12. #12
    Pillars is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    For me it's around my armpit on the bottom where my shoulder and back meet and where my shoulder and chest meet also
    Yep, I have them in the same place. I also have a couple of small ones on my triceps. They are on the part of the arm that would first touch your lat if you put it by your side.

  13. #13
    Lazarov's Avatar
    Lazarov is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264
    At least most of us have stretch marks from muscle gain. I know this guy that is now a striving bodybuilder/fitness model who has some intense stretch marks on his stomach from when he was super fat. I don't know how his modelling career is going to go with that Surgery maybe?

  14. #14
    Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Between mrs.misery's legs
    Posts
    5,091
    Waistline, triceps, legs.

    Oh yeah and your mom.

  15. #15
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarov View Post
    At least most of us have stretch marks from muscle gain. I know this guy that is now a striving bodybuilder/fitness model who has some intense stretch marks on his stomach from when he was super fat. I don't know how his modelling career is going to go with that Surgery maybe?
    Yep I'd say if it can be done without any noticeable scarring. Imagine how much skin is removed from those men and women who go on The Biggest Loser TV show and shed all those hundreds of pounds leaving all that hanging skin which has to be cut off and sewed. That's a whole lot of excess stretched human skin. Some nasty stuff though but it has to be removed. Our best bet is to never ever get that huge in the first place. Know what I mean?




  16. #16
    AXx's Avatar
    AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,178
    Front of stomach

    Love handles

    Where chest meets front Delt

  17. #17
    Lazarov's Avatar
    Lazarov is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264
    Thanks guys for all the responses. AXx, did the marks on the front of the stomach come from losing fat in the region or from building some monstrous abs?

  18. #18
    johnnylucifer is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    78
    Upper bicep and delt. Had some on my pecs, but they seem to have disappeared over time.

    I read somewhere that stretch marks are a side effect of lack of hydration. Whatever it was that I read spoke negatively about lotions and oils. Like it wasn't even possible for lotions to penetrate to the level the stretch marks occur on. The analogy they used was adding a layer of paint to a drive way in the effort to prevent it from cracking.

  19. #19
    SEOINAGE's Avatar
    SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,863
    Lot of times belly and love handle stretch marks are from growing a lot of fat on that midsection. Or sometimes during growth spurts. I had a friend that got tall and big everywhere, but he drank kool aid all day long, had stretch marks in every place listed.

  20. #20
    Lazarov's Avatar
    Lazarov is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylucifer View Post
    Upper bicep and delt. Had some on my pecs, but they seem to have disappeared over time.

    I read somewhere that stretch marks are a side effect of lack of hydration. Whatever it was that I read spoke negatively about lotions and oils. Like it wasn't even possible for lotions to penetrate to the level the stretch marks occur on. The analogy they used was adding a layer of paint to a drive way in the effort to prevent it from cracking.
    Hehe... Human skin has different properties than a concrete driveway
    Vitamin E oil effectively absorbs into the skin for example, as do other oils and lotions.
    In my opinion, they are the most effective strategy to prevent stretch marks. Well, there really aren't any other strategies either.

  21. #21
    Lazarov's Avatar
    Lazarov is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Lot of times belly and love handle stretch marks are from growing a lot of fat on that midsection. Or sometimes during growth spurts. I had a friend that got tall and big everywhere, but he drank kool aid all day long, had stretch marks in every place listed.
    That's unfortunate. I've always seen stretch marks on the lower backs of guys who grew fast!

  22. #22
    AXx's Avatar
    AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarov
    Thanks guys for all the responses. AXx, did the marks on the front of the stomach come from losing fat in the region or from building some monstrous abs?
    Sir that would be from being a fata$$ all my life. Or I kinda like the way you out it "monstrous abs" yeah that's it.

  23. #23
    Lazarov's Avatar
    Lazarov is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    Sir that would be from being a fata$$ all my life. Or I kinda like the way you out it "monstrous abs" yeah that's it.
    I like giving people the benefit of a doubt :P

  24. #24
    AXx's Avatar
    AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarov

    I like giving people the benefit of a doubt :P
    Lol. Thanks

  25. #25
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    just say you were fat (overwieght not obese) and lost alot of weight and now have stretch marks, if you then manage to put on a large amount of muscle, do you think the stretch marks will go away??

  26. #26
    Lazarov's Avatar
    Lazarov is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    just say you were fat (overwieght not obese) and lost alot of weight and now have stretch marks, if you then manage to put on a large amount of muscle, do you think the stretch marks will go away??
    I doubt they will disappear completely (because after all, it's scar tissue), but stretching them out a little bit with muscle might make them look better at least.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •