warmouth is offline Productive Member

CFB Thread. Why is BAMA the Best?

Ill chime in on why I think the Tide is the best....right now in the NCAA. But rep your team and why you think they are the best, or who you think is the best. I figured this would be a nice little friendly debate for a change. Nothing better in my book than college football. It is a great way to spend a saturday with friends and family and has been a huge part of my life for many years. Anyone else passionate about college football?

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Bama is the best because 1- They have Nick Satan as their HC. 2- They have the highest payroll in NCAA sports. Kinda obvious who my team is and cant state a reason we are the best.LOL That said they are gettin better. I hope. Oh yea LOVE CFB!!!! C-A-N-E-S GO CANES!!!!!!!

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Huge CFB fan. Go Trojans. I love Pac-12 football. On any given weekend the underdog can take down the big boys. UW over Stanford. I can't really talk trash for the national title as the SEC has the last 6. I really hope USC takes down Oregon on Nov 3 and we're back in the talks of national championship.

Hurricanes? Oh yeah, I remember them.....lol. They are looking good this year for sure. Just a matter of time before they are a relevant team again in the race for another national title. It always goes full circle. You are right that Bama is great because Saban is great. Love him or hate him, he is a defensive genius. USC was the clear favorite to take away the SECs reign, but I dont believe its going to happen this year. Barkley aside, I think they will be better next year, and yes, I am for real. That Oregon game is going tobe interesting for sure. I cant wait to watch it. If you want to see the Pac 12 win out this year, Oregon has one of the best chances of any other team in CFB. Bama showed weakness for the first time last weekend, and is was to a hurry-up offence in ol'miss. Think of how they would handle Oregon, who has one of the fastest paced offenses in the whole NCAA! Wow. Now Bama still has alot of rough games this year, and it will be hard for them to go unscathed. I would love to have 3 in 4, but something about last weekends game scared me.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Ill chime in on why i think the tide is the best....right now in the ncaa. But rep your team and why you think they are the best, or who you think is the best. I figured this would be a nice little friendly debate for a change. Nothing better in my book than college football. It is a great way to spend a saturday with friends and family and has been a huge part of my life for many years. Anyone else passionate about college football?
    nothing better than sec football
    go dawgs sick um

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87
    Huge CFB fan. Go Trojans. I love Pac-12 football. On any given weekend the underdog can take down the big boys. UW over Stanford. I can't really talk trash for the national title as the SEC has the last 6. I really hope USC takes down Oregon on Nov 3 and we're back in the talks of national championship.
    Talks of national championship? USC was overrated to begin with and losing to Stanford doesn't help their cause. Even if they beat Oregon during the regular season (very doubtful) they still aren't going to be national title contenders. Do you honestly think they can beat Oregon twice?

Texas Tech is my alma mater. 4-0 with the #1 defense in the country. Ranked #24 in the coaches poll but they are heading into their big 12 schedule against ranked opponents.

stpete is offline Banned
    Because the SEC has superior talent compared to the other conferences. Which results in better teams. And that has been demonstrated for the last 7 years. so when you have to play those teams week in and out, it only makes you stronger. But it also makes the other teams better too. This is why another National champion will come from the SEC. And where do the cream of the crop coming out of H.S. want to go? You got it. The SEC.

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete
    Because the SEC has superior talent compared to the other conferences. Which results in better teams. And that has been demonstrated for the last 7 years. so when you have to play those teams week in and out, it only makes you stronger. But it also makes the other teams better too. This is why another National champion will come from the SEC. And where do the cream of the crop coming out of H.S. want to go? You got it. The SEC.
    The SEC is so dominant it's scary.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    USC's program went to shit after the whole Bush scandal happened. Not being bowl eligible I think really hurt their ability to recruit. The AP always overrates USC in their top 25. So I wouldn't even go by it. It's what the BCS says that matters anyways. SEC overall has been the better conference though for longer than 7 or 8 years though. It's harder to win 6 games in the SEC than it is in the PAC 10 or BIG-12, so a lot of good teams get unnoticed there.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    Talks of national championship? USC was overrated to begin with and losing to Stanford doesn't help their cause. Even if they beat Oregon during the regular season (very doubtful) they still aren't going to be national title contenders. Do you honestly think they can beat Oregon twice?
    If they can beat em once they can beat em twice. Can't wait for Nov 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    nothing better than sec football
    go dawgs sick um
    SEC!!! Those Dawgs are looking to finish strong. My whole freaking family are Georgia fans. I dont mind though. I like GA for the east, but my heart is in Tuscaloosa!

The SEC has adapted so well to each other based on defense. They have had to fall in line, especially since the dominating year LSU had when Saban won with them. The whole strategy changed and defense became the most important task. Heck, you can win a football game in the SEC on a safety alone. We saw a similar feat in last years Bama/LSU debacle, when not a single touchdown was scored. The rest of the country laughed and called it a snoozer. It is hard to score with wht was the 2 undoubtedly best defenses in the nation. I guarantee that most of every conference is going to get in the defensive mode soon. Theyll have too to win. But you can already see it with certain teams. It is an interesting ERA to say the least. -Roll Tide!

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    They bribe the refs:

juicyd2012 is offline New Member
    They have the most money in the NCAA. Well except for that year Auburn beat them with Scam Newton

juicyd2012 is offline New Member
    Go Dawgs even though we sucked it up tonight!

That you did. lol

Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Ill chime in on why I think the Tide is the best....right now in the NCAA. But rep your team and why you think they are the best, or who you think is the best. I figured this would be a nice little friendly debate for a change. Nothing better in my book than college football. It is a great way to spend a saturday with friends and family and has been a huge part of my life for many years. Anyone else passionate about college football?
    LOVE college football! RTR!!

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Saban cheats the most and is untouchable....Same reason why Kentucky is the best in basketball...

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    repost

hoggage has it right!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 10-09-2012 at 12:37 PM.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Hurricanes were treated like altar boys this weekend. Should have been a ball game but wr couldnt catch a cold. OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN!!!!!! Hopefully next year we can get Joe Montanya to come play LB for us.

Thread Information