Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Only as long as the battery last. No app for that.
    Your phone only operates when the power goes out if two conditions are met: The phone has to be a 1980 or earlier phone and there still needs to be connected phone lines (they dont need power). Your phone will still operates without electricity because there is a constant -48 volts that is carried along phone lines by batteries in the center office. If at any point there is a severed telephone wire you are also SOL.

Forgot there are post 1980 phones that will work with -48v which are mostly princess phones.
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 10-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    go to afghanistan for a year and see how fvcked those folks have it. then come back home and not taken anything for granted. taking things for granted helps prevent you from being happy
    Yeah TR I agree. Putting things in perspective by seeing how others are living and toughening it out on what they have in life really makes you open your eyes and be less whiny over the small stuff. Sometime we Americans forget how well we really have it in comparison with the rest of the world. And we get all bent out of shape over the stupidest simplest things like if the line at the drive through at McDonalds is going too slow, or the mail didn't arrive at it's usual time. And here halfway across the world is some poor family out hunting rats to provide a small meal for their family of 4. In the grand scheme of things we are so petty. and we need to be reminded just how great we have it here in the land of milk and honey. even on our worst day is better than most other peoples best days. So everyone needs a reality check every now and again. IMO I see some mother explaining to her 16 year old son why he cannot have those 300 dollar pair of shoes as he acts out and throw a tantrum. and I think man how spoiled have we become in America. Instead of being greatful for what we have, that isn't enough. We have to have the biggest, the baddest, the bestest, and even when we get it we aren't happy. That's sad...

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I never over look any of the positive things in my life no matter how small they maybe. If I am feeling really negative I get out into the woods and I always come back postive.

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    the best way to be happy it to surrond yourself with happiness. i just moves in with some friends from work and now im a whole lot happier and am out doing stuff

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I never over look any of the positive things in my life no matter how small they maybe. If I am feeling really negative I get out into the woods and I always come back postive.
    Yeah thats the problem, most people as said focus on the negative and overlook the positive. There is positive in every day; You just have to see it.

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yeah thats the problem, most people as said focus on the negative and overlook the positive. There is positive in every day; You just have to see it.
    its tough to see. its kinda like you curing cncer but if you do one bad thing everyone will remember you by the bad you've done not the good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information