Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bouncing

Remington is offline Alligator
    Bronzer...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Good for you!
    Although you do understand that move could be considered assault if he went to the police?
    Then what?
    I wouldn't have let him in.

You did exactly what I wanna do every night.
    I'm glad somebody did it.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Bronzer...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Good for you!
    Although you do understand that move could be considered assault if he went to the police?
    Then what?
    I wouldn't have let him in.

You did exactly what I wanna do every night.
    I'm glad somebody did it.
    Yeah, but the town I was in was such a shithole,
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 04-11-2013 at 07:22 PM.

I'm from NYC originally.
    I KNOW Patterson.
    It's a crap hole dive.
    It's ALWAYS been a dump.
    Some things never change.

You got balls man!
    Come to Vegas...I'd like you to work along side me.
    If nothing else, YOU at least would see the humor in this crap.

I'm from NYC originally.
    I KNOW Patterson.
    It's a crap hole dive.
    It's ALWAYS been a dump.
    Some things never change.

You got balls man!
    Come to Vegas...I'd like you to work along side me.
    If nothing else, YOU at least would see the humor in this crap.
    I've never been to Vegas,
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 04-11-2013 at 07:19 PM.

No---dunno them.

You should take a trip out here.
    This town isnt for everybody.
    And there are a million bouncers here.
    The pay DOES suck.
    Trick is to work in a place that allows you to accept tips.
    Then, it's decent AT BEST.
    As soon as the correction dept calls me I'm done.

No---dunno them.

You should take a trip out here.
    This town isnt for everybody.
    And there are a million bouncers here.
    The pay DOES suck.
    Trick is to work in a place that allows you to accept tips.
    Then, it's decent AT BEST.
    As soon as the correction dept calls me I'm done.
    ! That's funny. I'm wascum first hand.
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 01-16-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S&S_ShovelHead View Post
    Ok, heard plenty of negatives. I know you guys got some funny stories so lets hear em. Also, is it pretty easy to pick up drunk broads at the end of the night?
    thats pretty sleazy... your supposed to be protecting them from the drunk guys at end of night..... I have told guys to F-off when near end of night and everyone out front smoking and A-holes following or chatting up drunk girls.
    pretty sad when security has to tell losers to f off from abusing drunk girls... sadder if its security doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    thats pretty sleazy... your supposed to be protecting them from the drunk guys at end of night.....
    Says who?

Where I work, at 4 am when we close there are anywhere between 2 and 3 THOUSAND people stumbling out the door.
    How the hell are we supposed to protect a drunk girl from a sicko creepy dood?

I agree, it's not cool hitting on them when they're drunk, and you SHOULD not be in this line of work if thats what you have to do to get laid.

Mr.Port is offline New Member
    if your are able to you should..

I think its wrong

Huh?

thats pretty sleazy... your supposed to be protecting them from the drunk guys at end of night..... I have told guys to F-off when near end of night and everyone out front smoking and A-holes following or chatting up drunk girls.
    pretty sad when security has to tell losers to f off from abusing drunk girls... sadder if its security doing it...
    Settle down there captain America. It's sleazy hitting on girls now? Abusing = hitting on? All the girls I know sure hate flirting with good looking guys that arnt so drunk they can't hold a convo compared to the rest of the guys that are there. The question was out of curiosity btw. I got a gf and was thinking about my bud that wants to start bouncing.

Some good stories so far, keep them coming.

I don't get paid enough to protect everyone woman from getting hit on or picked up by guys when she's had some drinks in her. There is a big difference between a woman who cant barely stand up, throws up all over the place, and doesn't even know her first name vs. a chick who's drunk and feeling really horny.

I will always intervene when a guy is trying to take advantage of a girl (i.e the example above) but I couldn't careless if a dude is going around to random girls trying to get laid at the end of the night...

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I think most girls would be happy to wake up next to a big bouncer dude as opposed to the usual george castanza looking guy who has to drunk/drug girls to get any

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    I don't get paid enough to protect everyone woman from getting hit on or picked up by guys when she's had some drinks in her. There is a big difference between a woman who cant barely stand up, throws up all over the place, and doesn't even know her first name vs. a chick who's drunk and feeling really horny.

I will always intervene when a guy is trying to take advantage of a girl (i.e the example above) but I couldn't careless if a dude is going around to random girls trying to get laid at the end of the night...
    Yep. You cant stop every drunk girl going hoe with a guy that she will regret in the morning because she had too many drinks.

You will see the ones who have to be helped out the door that a guy may come up to in order to take advantage of. These I would stop.

But its a bar. Most people are drinking and many are going to leave with people at the end of the night. I hooked up with many girls while working, not because they were wasted but because they wanted to. Yes many had been drinking but I never took advantage of any girl who had too much to drink. The ones who were wasted I would try to get them a cab home or find a friend to take them

Says who?

Where I work, at 4 am when we close there are anywhere between 2 and 3 THOUSAND people stumbling out the door.
    How the hell are we supposed to protect a drunk girl from a sicko creepy dood?

I agree, it's not cool hitting on them when they're drunk, and you SHOULD not be in this line of work if thats what you have to do to get laid.
    If you want extra service, you pay for extra service. Quite a few times a guy will walk up to me, place a $100 bill in my hand and say "Keep an eye on my little sister for me". What did I do? The whole night I watched her like a god damn hawk and when a guy got within 5 feet of her, I was in his face telling him to beat it.

If you're not paying for additional service, I'm not giving you additional service. I'm in this for money, I'm not really here to make friends or get laid. Some of you are probably reading this and thinking it's an asshole mindset, but after doing it for 5 years and getting taken advantage of/under paid - you start to really hate this business.
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 10-25-2012 at 11:24 AM.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S&S_ShovelHead
    So I've wanted to get into bouncing since I quit drinking. Something to do on the weekends. A buddy called me up today and offered me a 4 hour gig on Saturday. It'll be me and him bouncing at a hall that a bunch of firefighters rent out for Halloween. Pay is $120 each.

Any tips from you veteran bouncers? Any funny stories?
    My tip is do not bother unless you are in dyer need of the money

I enjoy the job but I am also well known so do not encounter or have to endure aggressive or abusive suitations

However I see the suitations my collegues have to face and it is worth love nor money

Offer me 500 a night for this particular establishment that employs me, and if it wasnt for the simple fact that I am well known in the area, I would not work the door for any money, and this is mutual opinion,

Recession, no work in other industrys but static security and you can leave one door on a friday and start a new company the following night, your interview will consist of a phonecall and the question of "do you have your license"

my advise is obtain a couple of good quality fitted suits and get a job in high end retail security or if you have any military experience then get the various licenses (whatever they may be on your side of world) for a "bodyguard" or "close protection agent" or whatever title it may have

the sheer bullshit you encounter several times per night on a door is worth no amount of money
    Last edited by DanB; 10-26-2012 at 08:40 PM.

The gig went awesome. Had a blast. Daniel Wesley was playing there. About 300 people total with 5 of us doing security. No real problems, had to kick a couple people off the stage and someone pulled the fire alarm that was near me when I was distracted by a couple broads but luckily it was a firefighter event and they had it off asap. I thought I'de get a few girls hitting on me and was shocked at the attention you get as a bouncer. Basically didnt go 5 minutes the whole night with out a girl hitting on me. Got invited to a couple after parties and come back to some girls hotel. Got a gf though so obviously couldnt do anything. The boss was really cool about us just taking it easy and having a good time too. Looking into getting my license and going to start looking at jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    My tip is do not bother unless you are in dyer need of the money....
    the sheer bullshit you encounter several times per night on a door is worth no amount of money
    ^^^this^^^

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I did some bouncing in coconut grove fl, right after high school....it got old quick, but i sold coke so I made real good money...then had some charges put on me two different times, then I got a bad rep....had some good times, but its for 20something guys , there is no future in that crap. But then again every one is different maybe its your calling in life....good luck, carry a big heavy flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    I did some bouncing in coconut grove fl, right after high school....it got old quick, but i sold coke so I made real good money...then had some charges put on me two different times, then I got a bad rep....had some good times, but its for 20something guys , there is no future in that crap. But then again every one is different maybe its your calling in life....good luck, carry a big heavy flashlight.
    I go to school full time getting a bach of tech. so this would be a weekend thing.

Also doing it mostly for the experience, my old lady is a country singer and just starting to go places, getting lots of radio play accross the country, opening for some big acts, so the plan is to be her personal security when it comes time for her to need it.

Interesting bouncing story last night:

My club holds about 3,000 people when it's at capacity, and last night was our big Halloween bash. I think we had close to 4,000 people in there. I hear on my radio "Code 99!!! Code 99 @ the DJ booth!!!" (Most clubs use code red as a fight, code green as a person highly intoxicated. code yellow as a verbal argument, and code 99 means all fvcking hell just broke loose). I take off through the crowed, trying my best not to knock people over, but I needed to get to the DJ booth ASAP. I come within 15 feet of the DJ booth and there is a full on riot taking place. At that point we only had two other guys in there. As soon as I run up, I trip over something, go face first on the ground, and the radio on my waist smashes when I hit the floor. Now I am in the middle of a 15 on 15 brawl with 2 other bouncers, and don't have a fvcking radio to call in for more help.....

After the situation was taken care of, and all parties fighting were removed, some random middle aged guy gets in my face with his wife and starts screaming "Thanks asshole, you ruined my fvcking costume!!" At that point, I realized that him and his wife were wearing that stupid fvcking handcuffed, couples costumers (I put a picture of it below). It's where they walk around with big plastic handcuffs around them that link the two together. I tripped over their stupid ass chain link while I was trying to get through the crowed, and I guess I broke the link and "ruined" their costumer....

I apologized, remained calm, and got him a manger. The manager reprimanded me and and told me I need to be more careful. Are you kidding me? You're more concered about some assholes retarded costume rather than the safety of your employees and costumers?

THIS IS THE TYPE OF SHIT WE DEAL WITH....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handcuffs.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	128370

Hunter is offline Grateful

My club holds about 3,000 people when it's at capacity, and last night was our big Halloween bash. I think we had close to 4,000 people in there. I hear on my radio "Code 99!!! Code 99 @ the DJ booth!!!" (Most clubs use code red as a fight, code green as a person highly intoxicated. code yellow as a verbal argument, and code 99 means all fvcking hell just broke loose). I take off through the crowed, trying my best not to knock people over, but I needed to get to the DJ booth ASAP. I come within 15 feet of the DJ booth and there is a full on riot taking place. At that point we only had two other guys in there. As soon as I run up, I trip over something, go face first on the ground, and the radio on my waist smashes when I hit the floor. Now I am in the middle of a 15 on 15 brawl with 2 other bouncers, and don't have a fvcking radio to call in for more help.....

After the situation was taken care of, and all parties fighting were removed, some random middle aged guy gets in my face with his wife and starts screaming "Thanks asshole, you ruined my fvcking costume!!" At that point, I realized that him and his wife were wearing that stupid fvcking handcuffed, couples costumers (I put a picture of it below). It's where they walk around with big plastic handcuffs around them that link the two together. I tripped over their stupid ass chain link while I was trying to get through the crowed, and I guess I broke the link and "ruined" their costumer....

I apologized, remained calm, and got him a manger. The manager reprimanded me and and told me I need to be more careful. Are you kidding me? You're more concered about some assholes retarded costume rather than the safety of your employees and costumers?

Honestly if I had the same experiances as you with people. I think it would be hard to not share your outlook on most people.

I got bumped into at one our local bars and I had to actually tell the guy to stop apologizing. I guess where you are in the country really does influence people on how they act.

Shitty, I can see dealing with retarded managers could get old real fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information