View Poll Results: How do we fix our Bankrupt fiscal economy?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cut Spending

13 81.25%
  • Raise Taxes

2 12.50%
  • Continue to Borrow from the Chinese

2 12.50%
  • Ignore the problem

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Still, we buy a fvcking shitload of their stuff. If they decide to not bail us out and let us fail, they're going to take a major hit.
    think it through....

....who would be hurt more if they decided not to bail us out?

system admin is offline Owner
    The choices were not very broad, but to get things under control we need to run the country like a business. Get rid of the things that are not needed, managing the organizations that are spending the money with NO supervision or anyone to answer to.... Basically, get the government under control and hold them to the same responsibilities that ALL Americans are expected. You dont waste money. You dont spend money you dont have. Spend money wisely! MANAGE the country!! Easier said than done I am sure.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^ I agree 100% and will add that we could tax the Chinamen 25% right off the top on anything that comes from China, we need to exploit every single product that enters this country from somewhere else so as to make a profit from it, we could take the time to educate ourselves in business and political practices so we actually know that we're getting lied to when someone says they CUT the budget, we could stop letting our budget be run by poloticians and lawyers and elect businessmen instead.....I could go on for days but most of it has been said at some point or other, we just never listen very long because a damn politician will come by and muddy the waters with meaningless crap before the masses can see the truth. Balancing our budget can only be done thoroughly and consistently if we get rid of entitlements and decrease the power of the federal Govt. People in this country need to go back and read, maybe even study the constitution and try to understand that they are PROMISED NOTHING but a chance to pursue ........

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    http://i.factmonster.com/images/03IPatlas_worldmap.gif

Have you seen a picture of this recently? You dont think China cant find other customers? Do you really think all America has to say is "we wont buy your radio's anymore so there!" ?

Canada, Brazil, India, Europe.....huge customers right there.
    America is still the biggest consumer. Even if we only made up for 10% of their sales. a 10% hit can do a lot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    think it through....

....who would be hurt more if they decided not to bail us out?
    Well we would probably be MORE hurt. But they're not going to want to hurt themselves just so we could get proper-****ed. If anything, I bet you the Chinese might even give some debt forgiveness if it means keeping us buying their shit.

Well we would probably be MORE hurt. But they're not going to want to hurt themselves just so we could get proper-****ed. If anything, I bet you the Chinese might even give some debt forgiveness if it means keeping us buying their shit.
    Keep thinking....

Who runs the Chinese government?

Isn't it the military?

It's well documented that the Chinese government/military don't give two shits about their citizens.

If the Chinese military thought they could get a tactical advantage over us, do you think they would care if there was a sacrafice to be made?

The only reason the Chinese are the superpowers they are today, if you remember back, is due to imprisoning their citizens, efffectively turning them into slaves, and forcing them into labor camps where they made things they would sell to the rest of the world. Essentially free labor. And WE (the USA) rejoiced because we could buy what they made at Walmart and save 30% over what was made domestically.

Keep thinking....

Who runs the Chinese government?

Isn't it the military?

It's well documented that the Chinese government/military don't give two shits about their citizens.

If the Chinese military thought they could get a tactical advantage over us, do you think they would care if there was a sacrafice to be made?

The only reason the Chinese are the superpowers they are today, if you remember back, is due to imprisoning their citizens, efffectively turning them into slaves, and forcing them into labor camps where they made things they would sell to the rest of the world. Essentially free labor. And WE (the USA) rejoiced because we could buy what they made at Walmart and save 30% over what was made domestically.
    Times are changing out there. Sure, they're not as free as the west, but they've made leaps and bounds over 50 years ago. Besides what better way for the Chinese to control us than to control us financially.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    eliminate the EPA, and the Department of education.. stop all funding to the UN..

sell corn to countries at market price..

debt free in 3..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    America is still the biggest consumer. Even if we only made up for 10% of their sales. a 10% hit can do a lot of damage.
    You realise, Chinas GDP is growing by around 3% a year. That means more jobs, more people buying from within. In the mean time, everyone else's GDP's are stagnating and unemployment continues to rise.

India is the only other country where their GDP is also doing well.

Except that no one is buying anything in America because no one can afford to, and this doesnt seem to be affecting Chinas growth at all. They must be laughing, they are growing AND lending you money knowing that you have to pay it back, which they will straight away reinvest, and of course, America feels they need to keep borrowing because no one is buying because of high unemployment, etc.

World War 2 ended the British Empires reign on the World, and the USA took over. You had to bail us out financially after WW2 and we ONLY just finished paying that debt back a few years ago. Nearly 70 years that took us. You'll be in debt to China for decades, and the result could be them filling the void you guys leave behind.

EDIT: If it's any consolation, the opposing parties proposal in the UK is to borrow more money, which I dont want at all. People dont like it, people keep calling the Germany Chancelor a "tyrant" because she is insisting that Greece and probably, Italy, Spain and Ireland will have to make severe austerity measures and she's right. All those nations joined the EU, they didnt spend responsibility and now they are knackered and all they want to do is borrow more money.

I'm beginning to think China and India are going to replace America and Europe soon as the two new super powers in the next 50 years. It's not like we'll cease to exist anymore, they'll just be better off than us.
    Last edited by Flagg; 10-27-2012 at 06:29 AM.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    since there is no real short term solution, one must think long term, and the fact we have been living way beyond our means for a generation. Anything we do to fix this long term problem will be painful in the short term. Therefore, I suggest we cut spending to reflect the realities of our current economic situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I think it has to be done like it was done before. (ie depression) We need to focus on infrastructure , but not the infrastructure they did back then. We need to have some vision and forsight , build our infrastructure in the area of green / alternative fuels etc.

We need to mind out own business and stop spending billions trying to "help" people that, once we leave, go right back to trying to kill one another , living in caves , and wiping their ass with their hands.

We need stp the special interests and do and audit of our congress. Every member. Its time poeple knew the truth on what they are doing , not donig , and who is paying for it.

We need to get off our ass and play a role in all of the above.

BTW CDP - Im not dead set against your idea , but thats just a band id. The hemorraging needs to stop. That tax revenue needs to be filtered into the things i mentioned above and job creation for the private sector.
    I'm thinking even bigger....

no more nation building. Period!

no more foreign aid to countries like Isreal. If they want our cash, have them give us something of value. No more national welfare!

how about closing tax loopholes. Did you know the NFL, and probably other sport leagues, are technically considered non profit and pay no income tax?

instead of welfare, what's wrong with workfare?
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Two words; Big Bird.
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin View Post
    The choices were not very broad, but to get things under control we need to run the country like a business. Get rid of the things that are not needed, managing the organizations that are spending the money with NO supervision or anyone to answer to.... Basically, get the government under control and hold them to the same responsibilities that ALL Americans are expected. You dont waste money. You dont spend money you dont have. Spend money wisely! MANAGE the country!! Easier said than done I am sure.
    All of the above.

I dont think it would be that hard. Cutting spending does NOT mean schools, police, fire or some social services. It does mean cut things like Big Bird, yes and all the excess government spending and a lot of government travel we all pay for.

We can fix it short term also by using and selling OUR oil instead of buying from others and using the proceeds to finance new technologies for energy.

Bottom line stop spending money we dont have to spend.

Oh yeah, and collect from all the countries who owe us money from us loaning it to them in the past instead of forgiving everyone elses debt.

So what does the Chinese lending us money REALLY represent?

It represents their total lack of interest in buying ANYTHING from us, and the only other thing they can do with OUR money, besides letting it sit idle, is to "give it back" and we give them interest.

So, to sum it up, the amount of money the Chinese lend us is an indication of how uncompetitive we are relative to them.

It's a shame really!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by LNT8799 View Post
    Exactly, I had a conversation with the 18 year olds mother while I was working there. (I would take him once a month to visit with his mom and younger brother) Now, this woman is what you would call an "expert" poor person. She knows every benefit and type of assistance out there, and tries to get on as many as she can. She's complaining to me about how she would like to see Jimmy more (the 18 year old) but has to spend all of her gas money on going to her doctor visits. (She had colon cancer or something). She goes on to say how she can't afford to keep paying the gas money to drive to the doctor and what not. Then, and I quote, she says "I've got medicaid, but they don't pay for my gas, they don't pay for getting my car serviced, and they don't pay for new tires, who's gonna pay for that stuff?"

And that, is what is wrong with people. They have this mindset that since they are "poor" they everyone elses OWES them something...When the F did this become the "normal" mentality of people??
    OBama will pay for it, with gas at $6 per gallon, she deserves to have the same things that people with value have, she's a human life..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

LNT8799 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard

OBama will pay for it, with gas at $6 per gallon, she deserves to have the same things that people with value have, she's a human life..
    Yes, she is a human life. But she is also more than capable of working a job, but chooses not to.

ShredMN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    easiest way to fix the budget would be to let congress know that they have 30 days until all of the special benefits, insurance, pensions etc that they and the executive branch receive will be terminated.
    ^^^THIS!

Also legalize MJ in all 50 states and start taxing it.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    This mindset just encourages people to be unproductive pieces of shit. Why can't I get some free shit? Because I have a job and I'm not a lush or drug addict?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Legalize steroids and such. and build a few plants in US to manufacture steroids. Problem solved.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Yeah right, not gonna happen in a post cold war world..

EDIT: Norway is per capita, the richest European nation because it sits on top of a shitload of oil. Really cant see you guys storming in and just taking their oil going down well with everyone. Before you know it, people get nervous and start worrying about who is next.

Seriously cant believe you think that's actually a viable option.
    You are thinking in a direction I was not thinking. I was thinking we would begin with countries that have identified us as their enemy. Namely Iran, Venezuela and North Korea. I see nothing wrong with raping and pillaging a country that has put their fat finger in our chest many times and saying what are you going to do about it.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    You are thinking in a direction I was not thinking. I was thinking we would begin with countries that have identified us as their enemy. Namely Iran, Venezuela and North Korea. I see nothing wrong with raping and pillaging a country that has put their fat finger in our chest many times and saying what are you going to do about it.
    We dont need to be a bully or flex our muscle that way and we would be looked down upon by everyone else still. We have our own oil, more than anyone else in the world. We just need to start using our own resources and ignore those who treat us as enemies or are unwilling to trade fairly or provide inferior products. Boycott them 100% until they are willing to play fair and make quality goods. There is not better way to hurt someone than with $$$ and just ignoring their existence.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    We all know they are the bad guys, and the worst thing with North Korea and Iran is that they are good people, led by maniacs.

Even then, that is still not going to go well. Israel occupied and obliterated Palestine with impunity, resulting in some 1200 lives lost. I remember when Russia did the same to Gorgia only a couple years back. I think the West does enough without being labaled as occupiers. We dont need to go down that route, let people that cant let go of the past, be the shitheads of the world without trying to evolve.

What the West does have is the advantage of ingenuity. While these third world shitholes will tell their people how evil we are (we is just a ploy to distract people how terrible their economies are), the West is constantly innovating. Even if China and India do replace the US and EU in the future, it will be a short lived victory because their industrial revolutions are about 160 years too late as the supplies are quickly running out!

By that time, im pretty confident we'll have tapped into a new power source. Water resources are the one that really worries me in the future, but thats another debate. Iran is not as big a problem as paranoid Israel makes out and I think if N Korea ever did get too big for its boots, the South, Japan and China would come down on them like a ton of bricks.

At the end of the day, people in the West like their lifestyles as they are now, and we wont give that up in a hurry. I think advancements in technology will be our saviour.

P.S. sorry about being caustic earlier, I just love discussing world affairs! :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information