Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

bicipital tendon pain

recently at worked arm wrestled a big guy now im noticing dull pains in my bicipital tendons also elbow..any one recommend anything ?im just getting where im happy with progression and if i need to lay off its gonna suck plus my job for now is a construction job and im pulling and pushing and lifting all day...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    if it continues to bother you, after you've given it some rest, look up my TB500 thread here. TB is for healing and put my tendonitis in remission quickly

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ive got the same problem and so does lunk. TR im curious and am gonna look that thread up dude.

ok tr lets cut to the chase.. how is ur tendonitis now??

capetown is offline Senior Member
    I had pain in mine for years and then 5 years ago both tore at the same time. Had both of them repaired a day after it happened. Probably not ur case but just wanted you to know be aware and listen to those dull pains.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Mine has gotten alot better but poor 405 refuses to rest I ended up taking 3-4 months off. Not due to the strain but the time off sure made a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Mine has gotten alot better but poor 405 refuses to rest I ended up taking 3-4 months off. Not due to the strain but the time off sure made a difference!
    i have an agenda dude! im not getting fat again! its not debilitating just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

i have an agenda dude! im not getting fat again! its not debilitating just annoying.
    Careful man. Mine were just that way as well. Worst thing i ever did was not listen to the signs.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    EASY man...easy. I didnt take that long off due to the injury but honestly I think a solid month of no strain on it is the only true solution.

Quote Originally Posted by capetown View Post
    Careful man. Mine were just that way as well. Worst thing i ever did was not listen to the signs.
    EASY man...easy. I didnt take that long off due to the injury but honestly I think a solid month of no strain on it is the only true solution.
    ive thought about going to the doc and seeing what he had to say. the only thing it bothers me on is lat pulls/chins, rows, and curls. maybe i should just drop these for a month? whatcha think? keep doing press exercises and legs..?

ive thought about going to the doc and seeing what he had to say. the only thing it bothers me on is lat pulls/chins, rows, and curls. maybe i should just drop these for a month? whatcha think? keep doing press exercises and legs..?
    1 month off of the excercises that strain will not kill ya buddy. Reality is that after time you will most likely be better off fo having taken the time to rest. Stick to the cardio, legs, and press type excercises.

Whats worse? A month off to heal from injury or MONTHS off to heal from surgery???

I can't tell you for sure because I can't feel what you feel but it sure sounds just like mine. I am back heavy again and there is little to no irratation!

1 month off of the excercises that strain will not kill ya buddy. Reality is that after time you will most likely be better off fo having taken the time to rest. Stick to the cardio, legs, and press type excercises.

Whats worse? A month off to heal from injury or MONTHS off to heal from surgery???

I can't tell you for sure because I can't feel what you feel but it sure sounds just like mine. I am back heavy again and there is little to no irratation!
    yeh i can deal with not doing pulls as long as i can do pushes and legs and cardio i suppose

its not too bad. i was repping 295 tuesday on bench just needed a lift off as well as 255 on smith shoulder press. i think chest, shoulders, tris, traps, legs are GTG just back and bis. ur right about the surgery! i suppose ill take it easy for a month and leave back/bis off. i also need to be diligent with icing it throughout the day and im gonna email my TRT doc and see if he will call me in some good anti-inflammatory meds. he said hed do that now its time to see if he meant it!

yeh i can deal with not doing pulls as long as i can do pushes and legs and cardio i suppose

its not too bad. i was repping 295 tuesday on bench just needed a lift off as well as 255 on smith shoulder press. i think chest, shoulders, tris, traps, legs are GTG just back and bis. ur right about the surgery! i suppose ill take it easy for a month and leave back/bis off. i also need to be diligent with icing it throughout the day and im gonna email my TRT doc and see if he will call me in some good anti-inflammatory meds. he said hed do that now its time to see if he meant it!
    Think you got a good plan in place buddy..try that elbow wrap too...it realy does seem to help if i keep it warm and loose during the work out. I was also doing alot of specific streching..bending the finger tips straight back with extended arm

Think you got a good plan in place buddy..try that elbow wrap too...it realy does seem to help if i keep it warm and loose during the work out. I was also doing alot of specific streching..bending the finger tips straight back with extended arm
    is this good for it? i thought itd be bad??

is this good for it? i thought itd be bad??
    It was something that I had read when I was reading up on golfers elbow. It's something the article suggested. I will do some searching to see if I can find it!

It was something that I had read when I was reading up on golfers elbow. It's something the article suggested. I will do some searching to see if I can find it!
    cool man thx!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    hey 405, i am trying the TB-500 like the old goat mentioned.

can't tell anything yet, too early (has only been a week)

and where is it bothering you again?

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post

inside elbow if u put ur thumb on the ball on the inside of ur elbow and move it about 1/2" or so toward ur wrist.. rite there but the pain radiates down my forearm on the inside toward my wrist. hurts when i stretch my fingers as well as do a bunch of other stuff..

inside elbow if u put ur thumb on the ball on the inside of ur elbow and move it about 1/2" or so toward ur wrist.. rite there but the pain radiates down my forearm on the inside toward my wrist. hurts when i stretch my fingers as well as do a bunch of other stuff..
    sounds like golfer's elbow since it is on the inside.

you need to do some forearm stretches, RICE (Rest Ice Compression Elevate), and just lay off of it for a while. you may want to start using straps for some lifts instead of tightly gripping.

and look into the TB-500, seems to work for some, but i am still experimenting with it

thx cajun. i guess ive been hoping it was just gonna go away on its own. i need to make a conscious effort to ice it thru out the day.

thx cajun. i guess ive been hoping it was just gonna go away on its own. i need to make a conscious effort to ice it thru out the day.
    ya welcome.

i also think there are some threads on this in the injury/rehab section

ok tr lets cut to the chase.. how is ur tendonitis now??
    my tendonitis is in TOTAL remission! =)

however, I also changed up my routines, so that i only do reverse curls with very light weights (40lbs), and am avoiding the seated one arm concentration curls (one of my favs). lately, i've only been doing cable curls and hitting a curling machine for my bi's

my shoulder pain is now gone as well. I went from shoulder pressing reps of 240 to (yesterday) reps of 330 at 12 reps. It's on a machine at the 330, and the smith at 240. the big increase is due to two things

1) a lb on the machine is probably a little lighter than on the smith
    2) able to intensify without pain, with proper warm up. was not able to do this before, since there was always pain when shoulder pressing

here's my thread again if anyone is interested:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...n-s-TB-500-log...........

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    LOVE IT!!!!!!! but i thought your calves would be bigger since you were runner!

LOVE IT!!!!!!! but i thought your calves would be bigger since you were runner!
    no, distance runners are very lean, and it's taken me years to get my calves not to look like that!

If you do tear them they will be stronger than original when fixed. Mine were pretty much just due to tear. After scans the first thing my Doc asked was if i had ever taking anabolic steroids . Still sucked though. People not even around me heard them tear! Now i have anchors in my elbows for the rest of my life.

Blog Entries
    my tendon is throbbing pain . dull annoying pain. i worked all day tried to take it easy but i hauled 200ton of gravel by wheel berral .so it was off and on. then shovel it around a yard . my arm actually started to feel better then get worse back and forth . it is right above my elbow (more sore) than anything but the bicipital tendon where it meets forearm kills at times . ive been using biofreeze at night . tomorrow is biceps and shoulder day so im debating weather i will or not... seems more forearm at times but bicipital is defiantly hurting too.

Quote Originally Posted by AZGOLDSMEMBER86 View Post
    my tendon is throbbing pain . dull annoying pain. i worked all day tried to take it easy but i hauled 200ton of gravel by wheel berral .so it was off and on. then shovel it around a yard . my arm actually started to feel better then get worse back and forth . it is right above my elbow (more sore) than anything but the bicipital tendon where it meets forearm kills at times . ive been using biofreeze at night . tomorrow is biceps and shoulder day so im debating weather i will or not... seems more forearm at times but bicipital is defiantly hurting too.
    Az..just lay off the bicep work...its not the end of the world....

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

No jerking off for 2wks.

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    No jerking off for 2wks.
    LOL funny u say that i was thinking earlier im glad this tendon prob im having is in my right elbow for that very reason LOL..

AD

LOL funny u say that i was thinking earlier im glad this tendon prob im having is in my right elbow for that very reason LOL..
    Lefty bro? Lucky you

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    Lefty bro? Lucky you
    LOL i shouldve said my left elbow! was thinking about good old righty when i typed it! LOL..

AD

LOL i shouldve said my left elbow! was thinking about good old righty when i typed it! LOL..
    Either way, having one functional side is all you need.

Blog Entries

ahh i dunno. maybe just light biceps ...

Quote Originally Posted by AZGOLDSMEMBER86 View Post
    ahh i dunno. maybe just light biceps ...
    See...this is ppl not listening to their body. If it hurts, rest it till it no longer hurts.

Blog Entries

See...this is ppl not listening to their body. If it hurts, rest it till it no longer hurts.
    today for work im loading bolders my hand fu**ing hurts like a son of a gun.

Blog Entries
    killed me now it went away ..

JAB1 is offline Member

I am having this exact problem. Same exercises, etc. Hurts on my elbow. Also hurts to grip?? I have taken 2 weeks off and still sore. Guess Ill look into the tb500 thread

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Cissus is the best thing thing I know of for healing joints, ligaments, tendons, bones,... and hemorrhoids
    And its OTC and has no side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Cissus is the best thing thing I know of for healing joints, ligaments, tendons, bones,... and hemorrhoids
    And its OTC and has no side effects.
    this could prove to be valuable info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information