Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

are you worried?

Are you worried about the negative sides or major health problems what seem to be related to steroid use and abuse?

The usual heart and liver problems and all the rest of the negative sides. Theres a vast amount of sides what are talked about.

It's not a thread about if you should cycle or not its about if your worried about your health in anyway weather long or short term?

AdrenalineJunkie is offline Associate Member
    Particularly me- no. I follow the "less is more" rule and it makes me confident. I also don't have plans of running cycles for a lifetime. Other habits like drinking with guys Im sure has done more worse damage than a little juice.

My girl on the other hand is very worried about it. We talk about it a lot and she always is concerned about long term health issue possibilities. Just last night she questioned its potential for sterility and sperm count. I'm going to subscribe to this, hopefully pick up some new information and let her read it over.

red_hulk is offline Member
    I do think about it sometimes, but I lie to myself and say some tudca and flax seed will make it all better. The way I see it, aas are the only "drug" I partake in and aside from occasional drinking the only thing I really do that can have bad health sides down the line. I'd rather so this than rec drugs or be an alcoholic

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    With all the information that is available today, and the enormous amount of up to date studies and medical information and references at your fingertips, my concerns about major health issues are mild at best. I honestly believe if AAS is used responsibly, your risks are minimal and do not pose any immediate threat or even long term threat when every precaution is taken. This includes knowing your endocrine system and general body intimately through blood work and other medial means.

Forgot include something very important that i believe in; Moderation is key.
    Last edited by MickeyKnox; 11-14-2012 at 12:02 PM.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Not soo much worried at the moment but I could see it crossing my mind when I'm older. I Follow every precaution, dose moderately, and avoid orals. Hopefully this protocol will negate or minimize any negative effects. Sterility is probably my main concern but it doesn't keep me up at night. Though I do not plan to have children I'd like to still have the option, never know what the future holds.

After all of the years I've spent partying like it was the end of the world and chasing skirts nightly, I'd like to think AAS are the least of my long-term health concerns.

AdrenalineJunkie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox
    With all the information that is available today, and the enormous amount of up to date studies and medical information and references at your fingertips, my concerns about major health issues are mild at best. I honestly believe if AAS is used responsibly, your risks are minimal and do not pose any immediate threat or even long term threat when every precaution is taken. This includes knowing your endocrine system and general body intimately through blood work and other medial means.
    Good point. I think it comes down to planning and science. If you put the time in, the information is out there and I firmly believe if you educate yourself and understand it you wont have any issues.

The problem is, theres A LOT to learn and understand that isn't common knowledge and many of the common beliefs, or stereotypes if you will, are flat out not true. So when I plan a cycle I personally am not worried about myself because I plan my cycles months ahead and make sure I have read every bit of literature and information I can and it gives me time to have every possible item I need on hand so Im prepared if the chance something undesirable does ever occur. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

But heres my hypocritical side: when I hear anyone else mention AAS use I often am concerned for them or frown upon it simply because I assume they don't know exactly what they're getting into or have taken the time to learn the right ways from the wrong ways. Obviously people on here I don't view that way, I'm talking about the young kids in the gym or the average joe blow on the street type individuals.

People are always looking for the easy way out, theyre inpatient, and frankly lazy and don't want to put in the time it takes to educate. When I hear "my buddy told me", "my trainer recommended", "I heard" etc etc it sends red flags to me and makes me wonder, well did you research it and agree with it or are you simply going to gamble that person crossed their T's and dotted their I's for you? Thats all for my rant, I just wanted to get my point across. If done properly, I have little to no substantial worries. If not understood or done properly, some of it would scare the shyt out of me.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Primary concern for me is cardiac function. Even with careful application, anabolics do put greater stress on cardiac function and output. Coupled with hypercholesterolemia induced by AAS it is a concern in the back of my mind.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Primary concern for me is cardiac function. Even with careful application, anabolics do put greater stress on cardiac function and output. Coupled with hypercholesterolemia induced by AAS it is a concern in the back of my mind.
    At your age it should be a major concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

At your age it should be a major concern.
    Good to see your senility hasn't affected your sense of humor!

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    If I were an old bastard like the 2 above me I would worry, but I'm not...so I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    If I were an old bastard like the 2 above me I would worry, but I'm not...so I don't
    I thought you'd be too busy hugging the porcelain bowl again today to comment.

If aas working out and eating good were the worst things i have done to my body for long extended periods over my life probably. But it's one of the healthier choices I have put in my body so not too much.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Its a huge worry for me. Not sure if ill keep competing because I can't think of anything that is as bad for your body.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    I thought you'd be too busy hugging the porcelain bowl again today to comment.
    Held down 2 bowls of soup and a gatorade now...plus side, I'm downa pound lol. Look at me shred lol

Held down 2 bowls of soup and a gatorade now...plus side, I'm downa pound lol. Look at me shred lol
    Yes sir. Fastest way to lose weight? Influenza!

Glad you're feeling better.

When I was younger in my 20's and early
    30's I wasn't bother one bit about the so called health concerns but when
    my HPTA said "thats enough your not having anymore test out of me"
    I did start to wonder what other damage have I done to myself and if I
    shortened my life in anyway. I've experimented with some extreme dosages
    and many different protocols with more or less every compound going and
    it does concern me. I was told 15 yrs ago that my heart was larger than
    normal for someone my age and it does worry me as I get older. Even though
    I don't cycle half as much as I use to and don't use the same amounts I
    still get worried but probably comes with age. Us old fukers seem to worry
    more than you young bucks.

So for me it worries me a lot

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    how old r u MI??

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    how old r u MI??
    7 years your senior....if your age in your profile is correct.

I'm 43.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I believe ink is 106 years old. My guess is (43) he told me before but I forgot. Haha

Marcus do you do cardio like your suppose to. A slightly enlarged heart is not a concern if its functioning properly

Yay I guess right. Props to me!

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    I believe ink is 106 years old. My guess is (43) he told me before but I forgot. Haha

Marcus do you do cardio like your suppose to. A slightly enlarged heart is not a concern if its functioning properly
    Just because he "told" you 43 doesn't mean he is telling the truth, he has quite a history......

Alright...no more free medical advice for you jokers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post

Yes gearbox I do cardio. I do Hiit and also my own version of tabata training 4 times per week. It's not just the enlargement of my heart its everything what concerns me, but my worries only came when I got older....I do feel very healthy saying that I'm a heavy guy but

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Yes gearbox I do cardio. I do Hiit and also my own version of tabata training 4 times per week. It's not just the enlargement of my heart its everything what concerns me, but my worries only came when I got older....I do feel very healthy saying that I'm a heavy guy but
    We are just like dogs Marcus, the bigger the dog the lower the life expectancy!

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I'm sorta like MK, I believe in moderation anything is ok. Well maybe not anything but you get my drift.

I do have a slight concern with cardiac function as well. I have a crazy family history of $hitty hearts. I monitor my Bp and bloodwork regularly. But I also take the approach of less is more. The crazy (or what I call crazy) dosages scare the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    We are just like dogs Marcus, the bigger the dog the lower the life expectancy!
    That could well be true lunk

Before I researched aas I was more afraid of Ed and acne and gyno and all the horror stories about the immediate sides never thought of cardiac function or blood lipids
    But now after research and practical use I know I can keep all short term sides at bay but the long term is what worries me example:
    I'm just done with my second cycle of test e primo and my t levels are 371 nh/dl 4days post pct
    First cycle I was 450 ng/dl
    Before my first cycle I was 575 ng/dl and wasn't happy about it( I'd pay money to get that back)

So I feel I'm doing damage In a way but I got too many benefits out of the two cycles I used to be someone who didn't seem to workout much and I worked out all my adult life it was frustrating

But now 20 lbs of muscle 10 lbs less of fat I don't regret it and I would do it over again.
    Now I'm thinking if to continue will do more harm to my natty system and if I don't get to at least more than 450 ngdl by the time for my third cycle ( I cycle only once a year) by April or so I will not cycle again unless I decide that trt is an option!!!
    My cholesterol is also 246 but I don't know if it's the 42 egg yolks ew or aas I'll quit eggs for a month and do more bloods to see!!!

I would be more worried if I were the person bound in your avi. LOL

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red_hulk View Post
    I do think about it sometimes, but I lie to myself and say some tudca and flax seed will make it all better. The way I see it, aas are the only "drug" I partake in and aside from occasional drinking the only thing I really do that can have bad health sides down the line. I'd rather so this than rec drugs or be an alcoholic
    Pretty much this. As a teen I was not "OK" with myself for a lot of reasons. I became an adult and tried to hide through alcohol to avoid the root of my problems. I did not like myself that much. Lifting weights helps me feel that good feeling everyone should feel where they are at home in their own skin, and aas enhances that feeling even more. I try not to abuse the stuff after reading horror stories of other peoples's mishaps, but even if I were to drop dead tomorrow or go to jail I would have ZERO regrets.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I just hit middle age (50) so I'm not WORRIED per say but I am aware and doing what I can to monitor via blood work, taking what I can to combat possible sides and trying to learn more every day and stay healthy.

I dont think we should be paranoid but it's good to be informed and know what to watch for.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Marcus, I had the fortune of nearly dying before in a major car wreck. I mean in surgery they did have to restart my heart a couple times (from what I've heard) and it took me over a year to return to normal function. I lost a kidney and had lacerations to other organs. Which probably in my case probably should be more reasons not to be running gear (besides my trt dose). But I look at it differently.

Every day I'm alive on this planet is like a bonus. I was told before I was put under for surgery that I wasn't likely going to live through the operation and that I should make my peace with my friends and family in the minutes before they put me under. For effective purposes I should be dead, but I'm not. I was given this extra time, not to just be waiting for that day I finally croak, but to actually live. To me, training and being the best that I can be is a big part of who I am and what makes me happy. It's part of who most of us on here. So you have to ask yourself a question what is more important, living to see 90 but depriving you of your wants and desires? Or possibly living a shorter but fuller life? This doesn't just pertain to using gear, but all aspects of life too.

If you look at it like that, the risks involved with heart disease, liver failure are easily worth the price of doing what you want with your life. In the big picture, life is too short no matter how long you live. 90, 60 or 40, it's still short, so it's important to make each day count.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Marcus, I had the fortune of nearly dying before in a major car wreck. I mean in surgery they did have to restart my heart a couple times (from what I've heard) and it took me over a year to return to normal function. I lost a kidney and had lacerations to other organs. Which probably in my case probably should be more reasons not to be running gear (besides my trt dose). But I look at it differently.

Every day I'm alive on this planet is like a bonus. I was told before I was put under for surgery that I wasn't likely going to live through the operation and that I should make my peace with my friends and family in the minutes before they put me under. For effective purposes I should be dead, but I'm not. I was given this extra time, not to just be waiting for that day I finally croak, but to actually live. To me, training and being the best that I can be is a big part of who I am and what makes me happy. It's part of who most of us on here. So you have to ask yourself a question what is more important, living to see 90 but depriving you of your wants and desires? Or possibly living a shorter but fuller life? This doesn't just pertain to using gear, but all aspects of life too.

If you look at it like that, the risks involved with heart disease, liver failure are easily worth the price of doing what you want with your life. In the big picture, life is too short no matter how long you live. 90, 60 or 40, it's still short, so it's important to make each day count.
    That's an inspiring post, thank-you for your comments. There is a lot a agree with and some I don't but good on you for recovering and coming through the other end, well done that's great news

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    7 years your senior....if your age in your profile is correct.

I'm 43.
    just had a birthday (my 2nd since joining this site) havent updated birthday but ur post makes me think i should.. 38 (ugh)

but hey MI u give me hope man! i know i still have at least 5 good yrs left!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

just had a birthday (my 2nd since joining this site) havent updated birthday but ur post makes me think i should.. 38 (ugh)

but hey MI u give me hope man! i know i still have at least 5 good yrs left!
    I give everyone hope! Lol

Happy belated.

I give everyone hope! Lol

Happy belated.
    I bet he didnt have cake and ice cream lol.

Happy belated 405!

Not everyone eats a Blizzard to celebrate.

Not everyone eats a Blizzard to celebrate.
    Well they should dammit!

Well they should dammit!
    Tren Blizzard and some candles. I'm sure 405 would make an exception!

Happy b lated 405

JTrain999 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    When I was younger in my 20's and early
    30's I wasn't bother one bit about the so called health concerns but when
    my HPTA said "thats enough your not having anymore test out of me"
    I did start to wonder what other damage have I done to myself and if I
    shortened my life in anyway. I've experimented with some extreme dosages
    and many different protocols with more or less every compound going and
    it does concern me. I was told 15 yrs ago that my heart was larger than
    normal for someone my age and it does worry me as I get older. Even though
    I don't cycle half as much as I use to and don't use the same amounts I
    still get worried but probably comes with age. Us old fukers seem to worry
    more than you young bucks.

So for me it worries me a lot
    I've been worried since day one about doing any amounts of aas excessively because of issues of the heart. So I have tried to keep all use at minimal quantities and try not to get addicted to the "more is better" mentality. Hopefully this approach works for the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information