Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Leroy Jenkins is offline Junior Member

106,000 prescription deaths

On average 106,000 people per year in the U.S. die from taking "legally" prescribed drugs as "prescribed." The "total" average deaths per year is over 200,000. Should we ban them too? Now consider how many they saved?

Oh, and spoons make people fat. Let's ban them also.

The sheep need to wake up. The founding fathers made a lot of sense with the second amendment. The government had foreseen a time when a militia might need to be formed to over throw a corrupt government. Do you trust the government?

Rant over.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    World Hunger Statistics
    Total number of children that die every year from hunger 15 million
    Percent of world population considered to be starving 33%
    Time between deaths of people who die from hunger 3.6 seconds
    Total number of people in the world who suffer from hunger and malnutrition 800 million
    Total number of people who do not have enough to eat 936 million people
    Total percentage who do not have enough to eat who live in developing countries 98%
    Total percentage of world’s hungry that live in 7 countries 65%
    Number of people who died of hunger today 20,864
    Total number of people who will die of hunger this year 2,073,588

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    World Hunger Statistics
    Total number of children that die every year from hunger 15 million
    Percent of world population considered to be starving 33%
    Time between deaths of people who die from hunger 3.6 seconds
    Total number of people in the world who suffer from hunger and malnutrition 800 million
    Total number of people who do not have enough to eat 936 million people
    Total percentage who do not have enough to eat who live in developing countries 98%
    Total percentage of world’s hungry that live in 7 countries 65%
    Number of people who died of hunger today 20,864
    Total number of people who will die of hunger this year 2,073,588

All these numbers show is that there are too many people.
    Countries like India, Pakistan, and even here in America are have way too many kids. If you cannot afford to feed your children, you should not have had them.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    All these numbers show is that there are too many people.
    Countries like India, Pakistan, and even here in America are have way too many kids. If you cannot afford to feed your children, you should not have had them.
    This is unfortunately the dumbest thing I have ever hear. You're actually suggesting that it's their own fault. You're also suggesting that people make the decision to go against the strongest base instinct, hard-coded into our DNA? I'm actually blow away with how ignorant you sound. I'd try and explain to you the correlation between lack of education and resources to high birth rate but I'd have a better chance successfully lobbying for the legalization of civilian owned RPG's.

Wow, I have never been upset at ANYONE on this board until now. "f you cannot afford to feed your children, you should not have had them." Explain how we should implement this grand plan!?!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Wow, I have never been upset at ANYONE on this board until now. "f you cannot afford to feed your children, you should not have had them." Explain how we should implement this grand plan!?!
    Free or inexpensive birth control and equality for women. Obviously education will help too.

I don't disagree with the things you said, but if the goal is to have fewer starving children I think we can all chip in a little and help those that don't want any/more children (since they obviously won't stop having sex). We will all benefit in the long run.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    holy shit enough. nobody on here is saying ban fvcking guns. But the fear mongers keep telling you that so you get your holsters up the crack of your ass.
    Amazing how much you trust the founding fathers but not the government. Wasnt the founding fathers the government?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    holy shit enough. nobody on here is saying ban fvcking guns. But the fear mongers keep telling you that so you get your holsters up the crack of your ass.
    Amazing how much you trust the founding fathers but not the government. Wasnt the founding fathers the government?
    think about it like this gixx (and maybe u have).. of course the govt isnt gonna say "lets ban guns" because they know no one will go for that.. right now.. but.. they start making limitations. and those limitations lead to other small limitations, and on and on and on..

whats the typical response to a statement like i just made? "that cant or wont happen.." i say bull freaking crap it cant..

its similar across the board with all kinds of things. where do u think the statement "give em and inch they try to take a mile came from?"

abortion is a perfect example of what im talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    think about it like this gixx (and maybe u have).. of course the govt isnt gonna say "lets ban guns" because they know no one will go for that.. right now.. but.. they start making limitations. and those limitations lead to other small limitations, and on and on and on..

whats the typical response to a statement like i just made? "that cant or wont happen.." i say bull freaking crap it cant..

its similar across the board with all kinds of things. where do u think the statement "give em and inch they try to take a mile came from?"

abortion is a perfect example of what im talking about..
    i do get that argument to a point. But whats the other option? Do nothing because gun owners are scared they may be a slippery slope later?
    I honestly feel like we need to make the responsible decision now. And deal with a slippery slope down the road if it ever even happens. Which i really doubt it would
    People said the same thing when the initial assault weapon ban got voted on. And what ended up happening it expired no got stricter.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i do get that argument to a point. But whats the other option? Do nothing because gun owners are scared they may be a slippery slope later?
    I honestly feel like we need to make the responsible decision now. And deal with a slippery slope down the road if it ever even happens. Which i really doubt it would
    People said the same thing when the initial assault weapon ban got voted on. And what ended up happening it expired no got stricter.
    i agree with u to a certain extent. but they way i see it is what is really going to be accomplished, in reality, by putting restrictions on assault weapons or whatever weapons the govt/public deems restrictions need to be implemented? is it really going to prevent the people motivated to kill from being able to access these weapons? IMO NO it wont. all i see it doing is making everyone who is upset about this tragedy (and it is a tragedy, brutal, evil, terrible, and i hate it for the record) "feel better" because some kind of impotent action has been taken so now we can all sleep better at night knowing we "did something"..

thats how i see it..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    i agree with u to a certain extent. but they way i see it is what is really going to be accomplished, in reality, by putting restrictions on assault weapons or whatever weapons the govt/public deems restrictions need to be implemented? is it really going to prevent the people motivated to kill from being able to access these weapons? IMO NO it wont. all i see it doing is making everyone who is upset about this tragedy (and it is a tragedy, brutal, evil, terrible, and i hate it for the record) "feel better" because some kind of impotent action has been taken so now we can all sleep better at night knowing we "did something"..

thats how i see it..
    You may be 100% correct it may do nothing. But isnt it worth trying? What do we have to loose? Some people cant own a gun that holds 30 bullets at a time? I would think most responsible people would be willing to give that up to try and save lives.

The other thing is the results of the ban may be impossible to prove. Say there is a ban and some other nut goes on a shooting spree with 2 hand guns and kills 8 and then himself. We would never know if he used hand guns because he couldnt get a large capacity gun and didnt kill 30 instead of 8.

How old r u. I would guess not very old, cause once you have been out and about i n this world for a little whil, you will realize that these are truths.

I'm 30, and thats a pretty piss poor argument; being 32 doesn't exactly make you wise in the way of the world.

Leroy Jenkins is offline Junior Member
    There are people on this site calling for gun control. My opinion is that it does not solve anything. I certainly respect people believing what they want to believe and their right to express it. However, consider all sides is my point. One tragic event should not dictate anything. I believe that event in more about mental health issues than the evil of guns.

I do not believe that government now is what government was back then? Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    There are people on this site calling for gun control. My opinion is that it does not solve anything. I certainly respect people believing what they want to believe and their right to express it. However, consider all sides is my point. One tragic event should not dictate anything. I believe that event in more about mental health issues than the evil of guns.

I do not believe that government now is what government was back then? Do you?
    its not 1 tragic event. There are events every single day. Yes i agree mental health issue is a problem. We need to fix it on multiple fronts. Why dont we check for mental illness before people buy a gun?

No i dont think the government now is the same as it was, but i dont think the founding fathers were perfect people either and above reproach. They had some great ideas, but in the end that was their opinions at the time. Humans can be wrong even the founding fathers

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Unless or until we solve the underlying issues of what makes people act out this way, banning will do no good except maybe make some group all touchy feely cause they did something to stop the violence as it continues unabated in Serbia and elsewhere. Either it is a mental illness or is caused by our surrounding environment. But when was the last time you turned on your TV set or went to the movies and did not see violence? It permeates our society. Even the games our kids play, all violent. So what do we expect? And it's not just an American problem. It's world wide. Removing guns of any kind will not do a bit of good..IMO Removing violence from our society will. And a good place to start is with our childrens games and toys and movies.

Last edited by Shol'va; 12-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Unless or until we solve the underlying issues of what makes people act out this way, banning will do no good except maybe make some group all touchy feely cause they did something to stop the violence as it continues unabated in Serbia and elsewhere. Either it is a mental illness or is caused by our surrounding environment. But when was the last time you turned on your TV set or went to the movies and did not see violence? It permeates our society. Even the games our kids play, all violent. So what do we expect? And it's not just an American problem. It's world wide. Removing guns of any kind will not do a bit of good..IMO Removing violence from our society will. And a good place to start is with our childrens games and toys and movies.

great point sholva

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Shol'va i agree with you but i think it goes deeper then that. Look at our government, news and even members here. Look how we respond to other countries. North Korea test a missle, it has no effect on us. Lots of people respond we should bomb them and we move ships to the area.
    Iran may be building a bomb, well we should attack them. Some dont want sanctions, our leaders mantra is violence solves problems

This is unfortunately the dumbest thing I have ever hear. You're actually suggesting that it's their own fault. You're also suggesting that people make the decision to go against the strongest base instinct, hard-coded into our DNA? I'm actually blow away with how ignorant you sound. I'd try and explain to you the correlation between lack of education and resources to high birth rate but I'd have a better chance successfully lobbying for the legalization of civilian owned RPG's.

How about self responsibly. I dont buy shit i cant afford, why is it not wrong to have kids u cant feed. Why would u even want to have a kid if u know they are going to suffer

How about self responsibly. I dont buy shit i cant afford, why is it not wrong to have kids u cant feed. Why would u even want to have a kid if u know they are going to suffer
    So if you were dirt poor, living somewhere where there is bare minimum food, and access to only filthy contaminated water, and you couldn't afford to feed your kids, with absolutely no education teaching you self responsibility, where having children in that environment is the social and cultural norm, you would simply decide to never have sex?

So if you were dirt poor, living somewhere where there is bare minimum food, and access to only filthy contaminated water, and you couldn't afford to feed your kids, with absolutely no education teaching you self responsibility, where having children in that environment is the social and cultural norm, you would simply decide to never have sex?
    yes even more so if i lived in a place with dirty water. It doesnt take education to have common sense to know i cant feed myself how am i going to feed a kid. Why would you want to bring a kid into that?
    I live in america where its the cultural norm for married people to have kids and we dont.

On another note, a Professor of mine told me a funny story some time ago. A group of healthcare providers went to continental Africa on one of those 'Humanitarian Aid' type trips. They went to a village that had staggeringly high rates of both HIV and childbirth. To educate the villagers on birth control, they introduced them to condoms. They showed how to properly use one by rolling it down a large stick, and left behind a large amount of condoms for the villagers to use. After some time, when there was no change in birthrate and HIV infection they went back. Outside of their huts were sticks stuck in the ground with condoms wrapped down them.

My prof swore this was a true story.

On another note, a Professor of mine told me a funny story some time ago. A group of healthcare providers went to continental Africa on one of those 'Humanitarian Aid' type trips. They went to a village that had staggeringly high rates of both HIV and childbirth. To educate the villagers on birth control, they introduced them to condoms. They showed how to properly use one by rolling it down a large stick, and left behind a large amount of condoms for the villagers to use. After some time, when there was no change in birthrate and HIV infection they went back. Outside of their huts were sticks stuck in the ground with condoms wrapped down them.

My prof swore this was a true story.
    Your proffesore needs to stay in North America and teach the ghettos and trailer prk folk on how to use them. i personally dont care about birth rates in Africa. But dont send our resources over there, keep them here

Your proffesore needs to stay in North America and teach the ghettos and trailer prk folk on how to use them. i personally dont care about birth rates in Africa. But dont send our resources over there, keep them here
    Professor. Park. Spellcheck is free and will make it easier to take you serious. If you don't care about what my original post was about, what the hell are you trying to argue?

Ok so maybe I should pay more taxes so that some dude in Africa with 25 kids can feed them?

Billions of $$$$ a year go to Africa, Pakistan, India, Afganistan, Iraq. From America and Canada

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member

Lol THANK YOU. My wife wants to have a kid right now but I wanna be making a little more first, now I know i'm not nuts.

Bigshotvictoria you sir are the idiot. You really think that these wefare people should keep on shitting out kids that they cant afford. Get the F*ck out dude.

I dont want to pay for them. You can but I dont. No, Its not the kids fault. Its the ignorant parents fault for not keeping their dicks in their pants

Im married, been with my girl for almost 10 years, and we havent had any kids. We dont use birth control, I am just really good about putting that shit somewhere else besides inside of her.

Bigshotvictoria you sir are the idiot. You really think that these wefare people should keep on shitting out kids that they cant afford. Get the F*ck out dude.

I dont want to pay for them. You can but I dont. No, Its not the kids fault. Its the ignorant parents fault for not keeping their dicks in their pants

Im married, been with my girl for almost 10 years, and we havent had any kids. We dont use birth control, I am just really good about putting that shit somewhere else besides inside of her.
    The kids in africa, and pakistan, and other third world countries are on welfare, and you pay for it?

The kids in africa, and pakistan, and other third world countries are on welfare, and you pay for it?
    Yes we do pay for it. Humanitarian aid, bro. My taxes at work

Yes we do pay for it. Humanitarian aid, bro. My taxes at work
    If you looked at the statistics, you'd see they're not working hard enough.

I thought we were talking about America?

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    I thought we were talking about America?
    My post at the top of the page is world wide, and has specific statistics for underdeveloped countries. Yes, America (and Canada) do make up a small part, but the majority of those literally starving to death are in 3rd world countries. Which is why JJ's arguments are completely asinine.

I dont care about my spelling bro. This is a forum, didnt know I was being graded. I have a college degree.

I am simply saying that the answer to your original post is that, there are too many people and not enough resources to feed them.

Thats not what I had issue with, as I've clearly stated. Although that is untrue, we do have the resources to feed them.

What I took issue with was 'If you cannot afford to feed your children, you should not have had them." If it were really that simple these statistics would read much different.

So you do not think that is a viable answer? If the resources where there, where these people were starving, then this would not be a problem.

If you are going to choose to have offspring, it is a choice you know, then you as an individual should either be able to afford to feed and cloth them. Or have the skills to hunt and farm to feed them.

if you cannot do these things, then NO, you should not be fucin

Im 34 and I have been to about 12 different countries, been to Prison, been to College, been broke, had stacks of cash, worked 9-5, worked 80hr work weeks I have lived in 7 different states, as well as lived in BC for 2 yrs

I have seen quite a bit in my 34 yrs. Once you get out and see the bullshit that we do to help the less fortunate, you will start to question things differently.
    Last edited by JJ78; 12-21-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: masdee my post legible

Billions of $$$$ a year go to Africa, Pakistan, India, Afganistan, Iraq. From America and Canada
    Mostly America. We are pretty much the only country that gives serious aid to anyone

Thats not what I had issue with, as I've clearly stated. Although that is untrue, we do have the resources to feed them.

What I took issue with was 'If you cannot afford to feed your children, you should not have had them." If it were really that simple these statistics would read much different.
    What resources do we have to feed them? Pretty sure we have no money

Exactly. Im all for my taxes going to infrastructure and education.

But I do not agree with my 30% of my hard earned money going to pay for wars that I do not agree with, healthcare for obese, drug addicted, ignorant f*cks. Where does it say that we have to take care of people who are to lazy and ignorant to take care of themselves.

I feel bad for kids, in America, that are born into families of ignorance, but such is life.

My father went to prison when I was young, my Mother had 2 yopung boys to raise on her own. What did she do, she worked 9-5 at an office and then pulled a shift 4 nights a week as a bartender. No government check, no food stamps. She did it on her own. I had a my first job at 12.

Point is you should take care of yourself, dont make poor choices and expect someone to clean them up for you.

anahny is offline Associate Member
    You can't be serious about your argument about starving children. For me that's the saddest thing and I get upset about it. But frankly its these people who have babies they can't take care of them. Children are the most innocent people in the the world. Why do you think so many countries have laws about children ancho many you have. There is over. 200 countries in this world with many you never heard of. It's not just the countries you see on tv here kids are starving. My point is, no matter how much you argue about the it nothing is going to change. Children will die due to starvation and people shouldn't have kids if they know they are going to suffer. You keep talking about statistics but nothing about these people having sex just because it feels good and having kids to suffer and die. Sending money to countries will help some children but no money will get these people to understand they shouldn't have kids just because they want to ****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information