Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Alright. I only ask because i've seen stats saying the exact opposite and no not from FOX or any huge republican site. Either way I believe that you saw the statistic I just don't believe that its right.

Moral is that both parties are pretty valid in their thinking, its really life experiences that shape your political views. My parents are conservative but disagree with me on a lot of things.

JP-MAN is offline Banned
    what the shit....

LUNK, no cable.....dammit man, that is a bigger problem then anything being discussed...
    Gix, we cant help all the drug addicts, i dont believe that disease excuse shit. im one, but believe they need to be punished...not marijuana users, hard drugs...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by JP-MAN View Post
    what the shit....

LUNK, no cable.....dammit man, that is a bigger problem then anything being discussed...
    Gix, we cant help all the drug addicts, i dont believe that disease excuse shit. im one, but believe they need to be punished...not marijuana users, hard drugs...
    i do agree with you on the disease part and that we cant help all, but we need to try helping some. Because just throwing them in prison hasnt worked. And fvck it cost us a fortune
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Gix is right. There are more whites collecting government checks than other minority.

I for one do not believe that we need to "help" drug addicts. This again is a choice. Why help them. Dont lock them up in prison for it either. They are hurting themselves. They should not receive free health care, or needles or anything.

I do not understand why people feel the need to help people if they F*ck up their lives. People need to be responsible for their actions.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    As someone who is very opposed to drug abuse (yes I'm a hypocrite), I have always considered what would happen if we just legalized all drug use in the US. You can have all the (this) and (that) you can smoke, inject, snort and put in your system and the govt provides it for you...BUT, then you give up all your rights to ANY and ALL govt aid. Your children are taken and placed with other famalies that want children and you are essentaily allowed to smoke yourself silly under a bridge somewhere!

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

I agree, to an extent. But dont give them the drugs. If I have to pay for mine, so should they.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    I agree, to an extent. But dont give them the drugs. If I have to pay for mine, so should they.
    Nooo...we give them to you and anyone. Without the need for dealers there is no $ to be made and no need for cartels and violent drug crime.

Just tax them and sell them like cigs and alcohol. By the way the only drugs I take are the ones that make me big and strong and the ones I grow myself

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post

i do agree with you on the disease part and that we cant help all, but we need to try helping some. Because just throwing them in prison hasnt worked. And fvck it cost us a fortune
    There is tons of help in Oregon. Lots of programs for people.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Gix is right. There are more whites collecting government checks than other minority.
    Let's say the statistic is right. First off there's more legal whites old enough to collect welfare than there are minorities. I also didn't refer to a race or political party. I mentioned people abusing that system. Its not a republican value for people to be on welfare.
    That statistic also can't account for the millions of illegals on welfare. You can try and say it does but its naive to honestly think they can know
    I'm not saying take the system away. I'm saying change it

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Let's say the statistic is right. First off there's more legal whites old enough to collect welfare than there are minorities. I also didn't refer to a race or political party. I mentioned people abusing that system. Its not a republican value for people to be on welfare.
    That statistic also can't account for the millions of illegals on welfare. You can try and say it does but its naive to honestly think they can know
    I'm not saying take the system away. I'm saying change it
    its not a republican value in essence but most whites vote republican and there are more whites on government assistance, the southern states have more people on government assistance and they vote republican.

I agree that immigration is an issue. It may piss me off more then you. I've had to deal with it with my wife. I know how hard it was to get her to stay here. How much money we spent and the stress it caused us. Yet people who dont even try to do it the legal way get left alone.

its not a republican value in essence but most whites vote republican and there are more whites on government assistance, the southern states have more people on government assistance and they vote republican.

I agree that immigration is an issue. It may piss me off more then you. I've had to deal with it with my wife. I know how hard it was to get her to stay here. How much money we spent and the stress it caused us. Yet people who dont even try to do it the legal way get left alone.
    I guess we see the welfare thing differently. I know its not specifically republicans abusing the system the most.

As far as your wife goes, I thought once an immigrant married someone here they Became legal? Or at least it became easier

I guess we see the welfare thing differently. I know its not specifically republicans abusing the system the most.

As far as your wife goes, I thought once an immigrant married someone here they Became legal? Or at least it became easier
    i wish, it cost us almost $2k in application fee's to get her green card, a lot more in lawyer fee's. You have to go to interviews and tons of paperwork to prove your married for legit reasons not for paperwork.

i wish, it cost us almost $2k in application fee's to get her green card, a lot more in lawyer fee's. You have to go to interviews and tons of paperwork to prove your married for legit reasons not for paperwork.
    That's complete bullsht. Interviews? I can see the process, that makes sense I guess but 2 grand? Wtf

That's complete bullsht. Interviews? I can see the process, that makes sense I guess but 2 grand? Wtf
    Yep we had 2 interviews they ask all kinds of questions. And ask u seperatly to make sure ur answers match. Just the green card app is $1100. You have to pay to apply. So if u dont get it u still pay.

[QUOTE=Lunk1;6307337]As someone who is very opposed to drug abuse (yes I'm a hypocrite)

They tax all of us honest hard working people for everything. Im surprised that is all you had to pay. Glad she is with us now. We need more beautiful blonde women in the good ole US.

Regarding what lunk said, there's no way you can compare steroids users to meth/crack etc. users. The only similarity is they are both illegal
    Last edited by Armykid93; 12-21-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Regarding what lunk said, there's no way you can compare steroids users to meth/crack etc. users. The only similarity is they are both illegal
    I wasnt making a comparison...the point was more about how criminalization isnt working!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I wasnt making a comparison...the point was more about how criminalization isnt working!
    Oh how wrong you are Mr. Lunk. Criminalization is working as expected. Look at how many jobs are created by locking these guys and girls up. More prisons built, more guards hired, more prison doctors and staff hired. It keep the economy humming right along. But of course the down side is that you and I pay for all this in our taxes which go up every year. America has more prisons and prisoners incarcerated than any other country. Were Number One Yeah! Too bad it's at this though...BTW I agree with ya

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Oh how wrong you are Mr. Lunk. Criminalization is working as expected. Look at how many jobs are created by locking these guys and girls up. More prisons built, more guards hired, more prison doctors and staff hired. It keep the economy humming right along. But of course the down side is that you and I pay for all this in our taxes which go up every year. America has more prisons and prisoners incarcerated than any other country. Were Number One Yeah! Too bad it's at this though...BTW I agree with ya
    Dont get me wrong buddy...I .m not sold on it...but there are countries decriminilizing has worked for. I know it seems that this has gotten off topic but it really did have something to do with guns at one point

Prisons are private corporations. There are like 600 privately owned prisons in America.
    This is the main reason that drugs are still illegal. Private prisons and Pharm companies are some of the largest lobbiest in Washington.

it costs a few dollars a day to house a prisoner, but we as taxpayers pay hundreds of dollars per. Big business.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    really? Who on the left wants this? Or was that what fox news told you.
    You can spin shit anyway you want.
    This is all the righties fault. Their war on drugs. And their hard crack down and stiff penalties for every drug user. This is what the righties want, teach this woman a lesson.
    No if it was up to the lefties weed would be legal and this wouldnt have even happened.

See how easy that was to spin to the other sides fault.
    Gixxer, we've bumped heads on a couple of things, but on this I could not agree with you any more!!!!!!!!!!!!

These poor girls, I almost couldn't believe what i was reading.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    IMO with the laws in place today they aren't needed. Just my opinion though.
    Yea because Im sure your boss cares soo much for you that he would never ask you to work extremely long hours that he couldnt afford to pay you for. I still have not met a owner that is MAKING money.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    I guess they are more necessary than I give them credit for. My life experiences with them have been different, unions screwed my dad and 2 of his buddies who own construction companies. I did work in a fab/steel factory but probably not long enough to see real benefits from the unions
    The Union is for the working man not the business owner. It is harder to start a union business but not impossible. Larger shops do better with this, it is very difficult to go union with a small shop. Even tho your dad and his pals may have not faired well, they would have prob never been in the situation to even start a business to begin with. They would still be working for what would barely keep utilities on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    Gixxer, we've bumped heads on a couple of things, but on this I could not agree with you any more!!!!!!!!!!!!

These poor girls, I almost couldn't believe what i was reading.
    i wouldnt consider us bumping heads. We dont have the same opinion on some things better never had an issue with you personally. I like debating different opinions

Quote Originally Posted by canesfan804 View Post
    Yea because Im sure your boss cares soo much for you that he would never ask you to work extremely long hours that he couldnt afford to pay you for. I still have not met a owner that is MAKING money.
    I'm not even sure what this comment says

I'm not even sure what this comment says
    He says if you talk to most business owners the all claim they arent making anything, That their employees are making more then them. And they try to get you to do extra for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by canesfan804 View Post

The Union is for the working man not the business owner. It is harder to start a union business but not impossible. Larger shops do better with this, it is very difficult to go union with a small shop. Even tho your dad and his pals may have not faired well, they would have prob never been in the situation to even start a business to begin with. They would still be working for what would barely keep utilities on.
    What are you talking about? My dad and his pals took out business loans to start their businesses

And no, you mean the union is for the working man under the employment of the business that is in with the union.
    Last edited by Armykid93; 12-21-2012 at 05:24 PM.

He says if you talk to most business owners the all claim they arent making anything, That their employees are making more then them. And they try to get you to do extra for nothing.
    Lol what business owners are you guys talking to? I know at least 15 CAR DEALERS that don't even do that. Completely open with their customers and it gets them tons of business

Lol what business owners are you guys talking to? I know at least 15 CAR DEALERS that don't even do that. Completely open with their customers and it gets them tons of business
    i've worked for smaller business and they have tried to put off raises or cut 401k's because they arent making anything.
    I worked for a company for a small time, i was commission and the owner would complain i was making more then him. They had to cut health insurance cause the ycouldnt afford it.
    Me and someone looked into buying the business from him. So i got to see all the books. Actually yes i was taking home more in my paycheck then him, but the business was paying for his cars, his mortgage. Business dinners ( him and his family)

i've worked for smaller business and they have tried to put off raises or cut 401k's because they arent making anything.
    I worked for a company for a small time, i was commission and the owner would complain i was making more then him. They had to cut health insurance cause the ycouldnt afford it.
    Me and someone looked into buying the business from him. So i got to see all the books. Actually yes i was taking home more in my paycheck then him, but the business was paying for his cars, his mortgage. Business dinners ( him and his family)
    Its sounds like that guy was making more it just want coming out in actual physical cash. Either way, people don't go into business to get by. They do it to get rich. I don't blame them although cutting insurance is wrong. But what goes around comes around. I truly believe that

DB1982 is offline Member
    Unions have their place . They are good and bad. Just like there are good and bad non union businesses.

For you guys to sit on the forum and act as if the union is perfect is plan idiotic. And the equal in return to Army kid to think unions are all bad.

I'm a non union contractor and have been for 12 years.
    My wife use to be the head union steward at a large hospital.

The union is good at protecting their members. But more so protecting the wrong n lazy ones.
    Most of the good union members don't need protecting because the employers know those employees are a asset to the company and treat those employees good.
    Its the ones that feel entitled by the unions to not work hard because the union will protect them.

And please save the typical union this union that BS.
    I know more about the union then most on here through my wife.
    So until you or your significant other has help a very high position on the union board of stewards in a very large company with hundreds of employees
    Please hold your tongue.

Like I said unions are good to an extent and so are non unions.
    Image how much a house would cost if they used all union trades???
    More then most could ever afford
    It a yin n yang.

The only difference is my company doesn't go picket every job that goes union because I want to try n bully n push people around like some unions do.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dont know what this has to do with "lefties"

i like how the cop is suspended with pay. The cop should be arrested for sexual assault and labeled a sex offender also
    It's a very good left/right argument. True left belief wants security and liberty to rest within the government. The more power we give to the government the less liberty we have and are now placing our security in their hand. True right/libertarian thinking would believe the government should hold no power you cannot hold yourself and they cannot hold such power unless we give it to them. In truth, this argument is the true basis of all arguments of a left and right nature, it is the very foundation and one most cannot see. It's the basis of the taxation argument, gay marriage and everything in between.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Awesome thread hijack, it would have been nice to discuss how these two women had their civil rights completely trampled on and the abuse of power by the Texas DPS.....but, by all means, turn it into a partisan bickering fest. And there is no real distinct difference between either national party IN PRACTICE. In theory, of course, there is an ideological chasm, but in practice, you get the same results at the end of the day just with a different load of smoke (burned from bullshit) blown up your asshole. Also, true conservatives differ from liberals in that they use things like LOGIC, REASON, and FACTS, instead of FEELINGS, and WARM FUZZIES in order to evaluate policy....There's your partisan bullshit argument, so anyone want to comment on what they think should be done with the two criminals who abused two innocent citizens civil liberties?

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    It's a very good left/right argument. True left belief wants security and liberty to rest within the government. The more power we give to the government the less liberty we have and are now placing our security in their hand. True right/libertarian thinking would believe the government should hold no power you cannot hold yourself and they cannot hold such power unless we give it to them. In truth, this argument is the true basis of all arguments of a left and right nature, it is the very foundation and one most cannot see. It's the basis of the taxation argument, gay marriage and everything in between.
    No, a TRUE Libertarian argument argues to cut spending to government tremendously so that it cannot create entities to stifle civil liberties and the constitution to begin with, its known as the 'starve the beast' theory, and its quite effective, if we could ever pass such legislation.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    No, a TRUE Libertarian argument argues to cut spending to government tremendously so that it cannot create entities to stifle civil liberties and the constitution to begin with, its known as the 'starve the beast' theory, and its quite effective, if we could ever pass such legislation.
    I think you just agreed with me without realizing it.

Of course a libertarian wants to cut spending. By allowing more spending and more taxes you give the government more control and more power. You place in them your security and lose more of your liberty. However, the libertarian argument isn't one simply based on taxing and spending, that's just one aspect that surround the whole issue of individual liberty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information