Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis

4th Amendment- Two Women BODY CAVITY SEARCHED ON ROADSIDE

A Texas State Trooper suspected two women of smoking marijuana in their vehicle, and felt that they may have hidden marijuana on or IN her persons. The woman State Trooper put laytex gloves on and inserted her fingers into the womens anuses and vaginas, in search of marijuana, which was not found. Interestingly enough, one of the womens bottles of prescription pain killers was missing after the search. This was conducted absent PROBABLE CAUSE, as the scent of marijuana in a vehicle is merely REASONABLE SUSPICION to be able to call a police K9, and then if the K9 alerts, to seize the vehicle and apply for a search warrant. This was a complete violation of their 4th amendment rights. I felt like this story was pertinent to members on the board who may sometimes drive with contraband on them (AAS).

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/20393...avity-searches

Trooper suspended after women sue over roadside cavity searches

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 11:03 AM EST Updated: Dec 20, 2012 11:03 AM EST

By NBC News

NBC News

By Frank Heinz and Ken Kalthoff, NBCDFW.com

A Texas state trooper has been suspended with pay, officials said Wednesday, after two women claimed they were subjected to intimate body cavity searches at the roadside in full view of the public.

The two women, from Irving, Texas, are suing two state troopers and the director of the Department of Public Safety, alleging they were violated during what they call an unconstitutional search on State Highway 161 on July 13.

Angel Dobbs and her niece Ashley Dobbs were stopped for littering by Trooper David Farrell.

In a dashcam video released by the women and their attorney, Farrell can be heard telling the women they would both be cited for throwing cigarette butts out of the car.

Farrell called for a female trooper, Kelley Helleson, to come to the scene and began to ask questions about what he described as "an odor of marijuana" coming from the car, according to the video. Angel Dobbs denied smoking marijuana, and said she had borrowed the car.

'Humiliated'
    After Helleson arrived, she can be seen in the video putting on blue latex gloves to conduct a search of both women. According to the lawsuit, when Angel Dobbs asked about the gloves, Helleson "told her not to worry about that."

Pulled over for littering, women given body cavity searches

In the lawsuit, Dobbs said the trooper conducted the cavity search on the roadside, illuminated by the police car's headlights, in full view of any passing motorists.

"This has been an eye-opening experience for me. I've never been pulled over, never searched like this. I was totally violated over there a few minutes ago... this is so embarrassing to me," Angel Dobbs said on the video.

"I've never been so humiliated or so violated or felt so molested in my entire life," Angel Dobbs told NBCDFW.com.

More stories from NBCDFW.com

The lawsuit further alleges that Helleson performed the searches on both women without changing the latex gloves between searches.

"I don't think anybody needs to have to feel, or go through what we went through," Ashley Dobbs said. "It crosses my mind every day. It's humiliating," she said.

The Department of Public Safety told NBCDFW.com that Helleson had been suspended with pay.

There had been no other suspensions as of Wednesday night, NBCDFW.com reported.

No narcotics or contraband was found, according to the lawsuit.

DASHCAM VIDEO OF THE INCIDENT IN QUESTION

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    GF, you should see all the people pulled over in Texas that get searched.

i think i have gotten asked everytime i have been pulled over, and i just tell them NO!

but then again, we live in a world with stupids!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is what the bleeding hearts lefties should go through who think the police and government should have full rights to search anyone anytime for no reason and they only have our best interest in mind.

I work with someone who doesn't see why police need a search warrant and if you don't have anything to hide you have nothing to worry about. I said tell me that after your wife, daughter, niece or granddaughter is violated.

Thanks, this is a good article to show him.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    This is what the bleeding hearts lefties should go through who think the police and government should have full rights to search anyone anytime for no reason and they only have our best interest in mind.

I work with someone who doesn't see why police need a search warrant and if you don't have anything to hide you have nothing to worry about. I said tell me that after your wife, daughter, niece or granddaughter is violated.

Thanks, this is a good article to show him.
    I dont know what this has to do with "lefties"

i like how the cop is suspended with pay. The cop should be arrested for sexual assault and labeled a sex offender also
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

i like how the cop is suspended with pay. The cop should be arrested for sexual assault and labeled a sex offender also
    Agree with the super dyke being arrested

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am on another board yellow bullet and this cop OC white is the moderator and was actually somewhat supportive of this shit saying that although he would not do it, the girl really opened the door when she said she did not know how much marijuana had been smoked in the truck/car because it was her boyfriends.

It really makes me sick how brainwashed the average cop has become particularly when it comes to the blue code.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Just to make a slight correction. The odor of marijuan inside a vehicle IS probabale cause and does allow a waarentLESS search due to exigent circumstances (meaning because the vehicle is mobile and if it were to leave the scene contraband could be disposed of). Exigent circumstances does not apply to a residence because there is no fear of loss of evidence.

It would not allow a full cavity search of a person. This would require a warrant and there are strict guidlines and rules for cavity searches such as being conducted by a med. proffesional!

I think that there is NO question this trooper crossed the line and should be in the unenployment line at a min. and perhaps charged for a crime as well!

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Apparently the DA is sending it to a Grand Jury in January.

Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Apparently the DA is sending it to a Grand Jury in January.
    they should, i dont get how you get suspended with pay while something like this is being investigated.

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    they should, i dont get how you get suspended with pay while something like this is being investigated.
    The same way they've probably done the same thing a few hundred times without any repercussions. The bull dyke cop seemed to be very comfortable with what she was doing as if it was a "process" that was a daily thing.

Unions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    We are very close to a police state. And ppl seem fine with it, until it happens to them

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i just have one observation which i dont know if anyone else posted it already or not cuz i dont feel like reading the entire thread but did the cop change gloves between cavity searches?? it didnt look like it..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    i just have one observation which i dont know if anyone else posted it already or not cuz i dont feel like reading the entire thread but did the cop change gloves between cavity searches?? it didnt look like it..
    no she didnt

That is not sterile injection tecnique at all!

Not only did she not change gloves, but she penetrated both womens anuses prior to penetrating their vaginas, creating the very real possibility that an infection could be caused.

Also, what many fail to realize, is that because the female officer caused a PHYSICAL INJURY to the cyst in the one womans anus, the crime went from simple sexual assault, to AGGRAVATED SEXUAL BATTERY, meaning that the officer could face 15+ years in prison if they decide to charge her with it. At the VERY VERY LEAST, I believe that the offending female officer should be terminated, lose her pension, and be classified under Meghans law as a sex offender, and have to register wherever she goes as a sex offender.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How safe do you feel? Maybe to much
    http://rt.com/usa/news/ndaa-indefini...ion-trial-403/

Lawmakers in Washington have stripped an amendment from next year's National Defense Authorization Act that could have kept the government from indefinitely detaining US citizens without charge or trial.Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin (D-Michigan) told reporters on Tuesday that an amendment to the 2013 defense spending bill approved only two weeks earlier had been removed. That amendment, authored by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-California), was pitched as a solution to a clause in the current NDAA that allows for the indefinite detention of US citizens without due process or habeas corpus.Under the 2012 NDAA, US President Barack Obama is affirmed the power to put any American citizen behind bars if he or she is suspected of assisting in any way with forces engaged in hostilities against the United States or its allies. That provision, Sec. 1021, says any person who commits a "belligerent act" against the country can be imprisoned indefinitely "without trial" until the vaguely-worded period of hostilities has come to an end.Pres. Obama signed the 2012 NDAA into law on December 31 of last year, but included a statement at the time that condemned the powers under Sec. 1021 that he awarded himself."[M]y administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens," the president wrote on New Year's Eve. In the months since signing the current NDAA into law, though, the White House has relentlessly defended itself in federal court to ensure that it maintains that ability, despite a federal judge having ruled the clause unconstitutional.Sen. Feinstein's amendment, approved by the Senate earlier this month, declared that "An authorization to use military force, a declaration of war or any similar authority shall not authorize the detention without charge or trial of a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States apprehended in the United States, unless an Act of Congress expressly authorizes such detention."The Feinstein Amendment, co-sponsored by Senators Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Rand Paul (R-Kentucky), was described as its authors as being a one-and-for-all fix that would ensure the White House isn't awarded the power to indefinite detain Americans in the new year. On Tuesday, though, Sen. Levin confirmed that members of a House-Senate conference agreed to remove that clause from the draft.

stpete is offline Banned
    Completely wrong! Just so everyone knows, CONVICTED FELONS in jail and on their way to their parent destination doesn't get searched like that! You get naked and squat and cough.

And because the odor of ****? If that was one of my daughters i'd stop at nothing to have that bitches badge.

Let's try to refrain from the rec drug.
    Last edited by stpete; 12-21-2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: self imposed...rec drug mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Completely wrong! Just so everyone knows, CONVICTED FELONS in jail and on their way to their parent destination doesn't get searched like that! You get naked and squat and cough.

And because the odor of ****? If that was one of my daughters i'd stop at nothing to have that bitches badge.

Let's try to refrain from the rec drug.
    Yes, I forgot to mention that St.Pete. Contrary to what many of you guys see on "them there TV movies," a 'cavity search' is not legal, and is NEVER DONE, not to inmates, not to people crossing into the border, never. In prisons there is a 'chair' that an inmate sits on which can detect the presence of contraband in their rectum, if the chair confirms it, they're sent to the hospital for X-ray, if its further confirmed, they're either put in a "dry room" where they can safely expel the contraband, or in the case of a weapon, they would be put under anesthesia and have it removed by a general surgeon, not some hick hillbilly state cop on the side of the freeway. The same is true at US Customs&Border Patrol, only X-ray is the preferred technique. Digital cavity searches are NEVER performed in any of the 50 states, EVER, EVER, at least not legally under any US law.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member

Because those on the left want the government to be able to do things life this. Search without warrants or probably cause

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post

Unions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol more left wing garbage

I HATE unions

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Lol more left wing garbage

I HATE unions
    hey buddy im IN A UNION!

if u were in one u wouldnt hate it! also u can thank unions for ur 40hr work week, vacation, overtime rules and rates, medical insurance, retirement.. just to name a few. so u are reaping the benefits of what unions have accomplished.

it is a proven statistic that the greater the percentage of the us population that is union labor, the higher the rates of pay are for non-union labor.

u may want to re-think your position pal... or u could just give back to ur company (that more than likely doesnt give a shit about you) all the benefits listed above..

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Yes, I forgot to mention that St.Pete. Contrary to what many of you guys see on "them there TV movies," a 'cavity search' is not legal, and is NEVER DONE, not to inmates, not to people crossing into the border, never. In prisons there is a 'chair' that an inmate sits on which can detect the presence of contraband in their rectum, if the chair confirms it, they're sent to the hospital for X-ray, if its further confirmed, they're either put in a "dry room" where they can safely expel the contraband, or in the case of a weapon, they would be put under anesthesia and have it removed by a general surgeon, not some hick hillbilly state cop on the side of the freeway. The same is true at US Customs&Border Patrol, only X-ray is the preferred technique. Digital cavity searches are NEVER performed in any of the 50 states, EVER, EVER, at least not legally under any US law.
    This is not quite correct either...there are laws that allow a cavity search to be performed (with a warrant) but they must be performed by a licensed physician NOT A COP!

hey buddy im IN A UNION!

if u were in one u wouldnt hate it! also u can thank unions for ur 40hr work week, vacation, overtime rules and rates, medical insurance, retirement.. just to name a few. so u are reaping the benefits of what unions have accomplished.

it is a proven statistic that the greater the percentage of the us population that is union labor, the higher the rates of pay are for non-union labor.

u may want to re-think your position pal... or u could just give back to ur company (that more than likely doesnt give a shit about you) all the benefits listed above..
    I dont want ti get off Gf's original post MUCH but just to give my posotion. Unions in private industry, YES. Unions in Govt...NO!

I dont want ti get off Gf's original post MUCH but just to give my posotion. Unions in private industry, YES. Unions in Govt...NO!
    hear ya.. had to speak my peace pal. this is the lounge mr topic police! and for the record im in the private industry and i can see where ur coming from regarding our tax dollars.

hear ya.. had to speak my peace pal. this is the lounge mr topic police! and for the record im in the private industry and i can see where ur coming from regarding our tax dollars.
    Just monitering the Moniter lol...since you like to jack thread titles Go Nissan or Toyota for that new truck by the way...screw domestic (they are all junk) (even though I love my Chev)

yeh im done with domestic. eventually i will get another GMC Sierra 4 door but itll be awhile. have to build a house closer to work first. ill never buy another ford though

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I always enjoyed a nice gental cavity search,I'm just saying

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Yes both those police officers should be looking for work.Total lack of good judgement!

canesfan804 is offline Member
    You beat me to it. Well said 405!

hey buddy im IN A UNION!

canesfan804 is offline Member
    The thing is did he think that the smell was coming from their panties? Officers should be terminated.Things like this that give the rest of the Police force a bad name. That said if it was me I would have said "not NO but HELL NO" no one is sticking a finger in my bum. Take me to the station and x ray my az!

hey buddy im IN A UNION!

IMO with the laws in place today they aren't needed. Just my opinion though.

IMO with the laws in place today they aren't needed. Just my opinion though.
    Have you ever worked in a meat packing plant? Imagine your breaks getting longer and your hours screwed around at will among many other things just so that the CEO's can take home a fatter bonus check at Xmas based on the work and sweat off your brow!

Because those on the left want the government to be able to do things life this. Search without warrants or probably cause
    really? Who on the left wants this? Or was that what fox news told you.
    You can spin shit anyway you want.
    This is all the righties fault. Their war on drugs. And their hard crack down and stiff penalties for every drug user. This is what the righties want, teach this woman a lesson.
    No if it was up to the lefties weed would be legal and this wouldnt have even happened.

See how easy that was to spin to the other sides fault.

really? Who on the left wants this? Or was that what fox news told you.
    You can spin shit anyway you want.
    This is all the righties fault. Their war on drugs. And their hard crack down and stiff penalties for every drug user. This is what the righties want, teach this woman a lesson.
    No if it was up to the lefties weed would be legal and this wouldnt have even happened.

See how easy that was to spin to the other sides fault.
    Lol the war on drugs? So we shouldn't punish meth addicts and crack users, not to mention all the crime that surrounds weed, I think weed should be legal to although I've never done it. Pretty sure the lefties are the ones letting illegals over cuz they need votes, giving out all the entitlements that just get abused. Everytime an illegal has another anchor baby it costs us thousands.

Btw I have a CNN app on my phone and I don't have cable so no fox for me, haven't really every watched it anyways. I'm extremely conservative but I look at both sides and i'm pretty open minded
    Last edited by Armykid93; 12-21-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Have you ever worked in a meat packing plant? Imagine your breaks getting longer and your hours screwed around at will among many other things just so that the CEO's can take home a fatter bonus check at Xmas based on the work and sweat off your brow!
    I guess they are more necessary than I give them credit for. My life experiences with them have been different, unions screwed my dad and 2 of his buddies who own construction companies. I did work in a fab/steel factory but probably not long enough to see real benefits from the unions

Lol the war on drugs? So we shouldn't punish meth addicts and crack users, not to mention all the crime that surrounds weed, I think weed should be legal to although I've never done it. Pretty sure the lefties are the ones letting illegals over cuz they need votes, giving out all the entitlements that just get abused. Everytime an illegal has another anchor baby it costs us thousands.
    Yet republican southern whites are on more gov asistance then any other demographic .

No we need to help drug addicts, becauae punishing them for the last 30 years has done nothing except cost us more money

Yet republican southern whites are on more gov asistance then any other demographic .

No we need to help drug addicts, becauae punishing them for the last 30 years has done nothing except cost us more money
    I did add some to my last post.
    You're definitely off on that though. Where are you getting your information?

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Glad you spoke as I was just about to go full throttle here. So I will refrain from giving my reasons why we need them. Just remember 40 hour work weeks and overtime pay and labor day and holidays paid and and and and and and......Do you all really think that your non union shops would even think about handing that out to you freely? Hell NO! They wouldn't. Many had to fight for those benefits that we all enjoy today. Is there a balancing act now yes but unions were brought about because of how insanely bad it was to work in the days back when. When you came to work deathly ill and carried a bucket by your side to puke in for fear of losing your job by missing one days work. Or how you also had to keep a can nearby to pee in cause you weren't allowed to leave your post to even relieve yourself. You all have no idea how bad it was and what your forefathers went to through to get you the easy track you now have. So to slam unions you are slamming everyone who fought for your rights you now take for granted. And if you really want a trip down memory lane all you need do is go over to China and tour their factories and see what their people are going through. Oh and don't be surprised if you see many 14 year olds working jobs way past their abilities in those shops at 14 hour days. All for that 59 cent an hour pay rate as it all comes over to your nearby Walmart stores, all under cutting our American jobs.

I did add some to my last post.
    You're definitely off on that though. Where are you getting your information?
    On my phone, can post links later

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information