Thread: Uneven chest

koopakong is offline New Member

Uneven chest

Hey guys just wondering if there was a way I could make my pecs look the same, one is noticeably bigger than other and it annoys me immensely any help would be great

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What's sports or activities are you involved in?

I've done martial arts when I was growing up, and nothing really till last year other than manual labour and now weights

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Start using the other hand.

It takes time to even things out. Use dumbells mostly instead of barbell when benching and any chest work. My chest is uneven due to injuring my shoulder 1 1/2 years ago and having surgery to repair it 6 months ago. I know it sucks but it just takes time. Also most people are to critical and you may be the only one who notices it. Have you ever had anyone else say something to you?

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    I had this problem also but i found push ups work remarkably well to balance your alignment of your muscle.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I asked cause some ppl in racquet sports or something to swing with one arm. Your peck on.your dominant side doesn't get the rest required for growth cause it's being used ed or more often.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I have uneven chest due to scoliosis and slightly rotated rib cage and torn rotator cuff on one side to boot. It was more noticeable when I was a teen. I have been able to even out some through weights. Pushups like boz said are good because its hard to let one side do the work. Dumbbells and isolation cable exercises are good too. The real key is in the mind though. If you are not going heavy (like oh-shit-its-heavy heavy) you need to practice letting your mind connect to the body to create the mind-muscle link. Have you ever seen the expression van damme would make in his movies like bloodsport and kickboxer when he needed to do a full split or break a brick (i know just in the movie). You said you have a martial arts background so you should be able to bring this intense focus to your workouts. Its like Kai Greene said "Mind is everything". If you need to practice contracting your pecs in the mirror and forcing them to do the work. A lot of people when they lift their front delts and triceps want to press the weight; force the pecs to do the work. If thats not doing it look into pre exhausting techniques. Never put a muscle on a pedestal like its something thats impossible to work or make grow. What is your favorite muscle mine is the bicep. I have the most intense mind - muscle connection to the biceps, but if I really care I can create this link with other muscles with the same intensity. That and muscle confusion and challenging the muscle with higher weights is what will make it grow.

I'm right handed if that has anything to do with it, and it's to hard sometimes to use the other hand it takes longer and my arm gets tired quick pmsl, a lot of advice there guys thank you ill just keep trying. I like flexing in the mirror who doesn't. I have a tower 200 I haven't used it much do you think that will help anyways cheers.

Thread Information