boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.

Worst case predicement

Today has been a good day for me, i have been anxiously waiting for me to get another job, as i have only recently moved back state for just over a month after the recent break off with the ex.
    I went for a interview last month, for a job and I was put in the yes pile. Anyway as time went on with hardly no income, and me day in day out still applying for other jobs while i wait to hear confirmation on that job, my hard work paid off and i was confirmed today that i had the job.

Now my problem is with all these other applications i have applied for whilst i was waiting to hear back form that job, right now its that time of month and everyone is starting to merge back into work from the holidays. In other words human resources teams are all merging back, i got another call from a company today which is very reputable and high up i was amazed i also got an interview with them to (Im doing something right). Now i got the interview with this company tomorrow, keep in mind i have already confirmed my employment with a job agency basically contracted work for the next 12 months.

If i was offered also the job with this huge company which in your opinion should i take and why? Obviously i think most are going to say where ever the better pay is go for it, but with me im after security with a job and be able to move up in the rankings career advance myself. The 12 month job is sweet the only reason why i would want to stay there is because i have no experience for the machine i will be operating and no other company would even take me on with no experience, the license i have for that machinery all the jobs want experience for it, so the 12 months could really help me.
    Last edited by boz; 01-16-2013 at 05:11 AM.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Being in demand is good and congrats on landing a job. Feels good. I am a little confused cuz sounds like u got the temp job even tho u don't have this specialized experience?? So apparently u can get a job without it?? Maybe you don't have to make a short term sacrifice???

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Being in demand is good and congrats on landing a job. Feels good. I am a little confused cuz sounds like u got the temp job even tho u don't have this specialized experience?? So apparently u can get a job without it?? Maybe you don't have to make a short term sacrifice???
    Thanks for the kind words miss girly! Yeh today i agreed to the 12 month job, but the job interview for the reputable company is tomorrow. I can see why your confused basically what im trying to say is it is RARE for me to land a job with the licence and credentials i have to my name at the moment without the experience, its a catch 22 you could say and since my experience is zero to none with these machinery's, trainee and general entry would be my only option, and they do not come up often.

Thread Information