Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Uggg the news may have gotten worse. My mom wants to come stay with us to help when i get my surgery. Trying to figure out how to say no and be nice.
    The nicest way to put it is to just be blunt honest with her.

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

The nicest way to put it is to just be blunt honest with her.
    Do you not have a mother, or do you not have a heart? Which one lol

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Uggg the news may have gotten worse. My mom wants to come stay with us to help when i get my surgery. Trying to figure out how to say no and be nice.
    Tell her u hired a caregiver off of Craigslist. Lol

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

Tell her u hired a ASIAN caregiver off of Craigslist. Lol
    ^^^^ there, I fixed it for you GGR

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    Do you not have a mother, or do you not have a heart? Which one lol
    I have both, but you got to figure whatever reason you come up with is gonna make it seem worse than the truth. She might get a little upset if you told her the truth that you just didn't want her there, but she'd be more upset if you gave her some bullshit reason that she can't be there and she figures it out.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Shit man, sorry to hear about the injuries. I think everyone goes through times like this where everything feels like it's taking a dump all over your progress or your life but I'm sure you can move on without too much disruption bud and be better than ever. By the sounds of it your neck would be quite sore you will be probably be able to train better and feel better than before.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I injured my neck last spring pretty bad. I was in alot of pain and laid up for a while. Then after an epidural it felt ok started training again and then got in a car accident. So it started bothering me again.
    I was kinda just dealing with it and was told a couple months ago to see a neuro surgeon. I finally went today. He said i should have came earlier. I need surgery ASAP. That my disc are so bad they are effecting my spinal cord. Awesome.
    So they are trying to get 2 disc replacement approved. If the insurance wont approve to im getting 1 replacement and a 1 fused.

Always with my life everything goes great then crashes the other way, can never ever have a middle ground.
    Dude I'm SORRY to hear that and you know I know how you feel. Dont let it get you down though and I realize that is not the purpose of this post but only to share and gain some strength. It's only another speed bump in life. You know I have had many and you just have to keep looking forward.

I have no doubt you will recover quickly and be back on track in no time and it will motivate you to be even better.

I have heard good and bad about fusions. When it works it's great but when it doesn't it can be a lifetime of discomfort. I agree with the others, fusion is a last option. My doctor told me years ago I would need a fusion soon for my lower back. It's actually starting to get better after 6 years to where I have gotten off the pain meds greatly thanks to TB-500

I would also get a 2nd opinion and even a 3rd. There are a lot of good doctors that still jump at the chance to do surgery. Never take the 1st opinion and find someone who treats professional athletes if at all possible.

Edwin23q is offline Banned
    Damn I feel for you bro, best of luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Gixx if your surgeon contacts your insurance coverer, and stresses this double disk replacement as a medical necessity, they should cover it. It's pretty sad when our insurance carriers are now in the health care business deciding who can be covered and for what.
    Thank you Obama. He was the one saying recently that sometimes it may be a better option for some people to just go with pain management instead of surgery to correct/fix the problem. REALLY??? I would love to get to make that choice for HIM...

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    What is the NATURE of your herniation? Is the nucleus of the disc still in tact? I only ask because if the nucleus has not been compromised, there is a new highly advanced stem cell treatment, whereby the bulge (which is the 'herniation') is clipped, and the disc injected with mesenchymel stem cells. What this is does, is reinforce the walls of the disk, which would normally be MUCH thinner in the area of the disc where the herniation was cleaved, leading to the nucleus blowing out, aka when your back has a "blow out," meaning the nuclear material of the disc blows out and there is little or no intervertebral material separating the discs. The mesenchymel stem cells build up the cleaved area in an attempt to restore the INTEGRITY of the disc itself after cleaving the herniation. There are a number of companies offering the therapy, it is only about 2 years old since gaining FDA approval I believe.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    What is the NATURE of your herniation? Is the nucleus of the disc still in tact? I only ask because if the nucleus has not been compromised, there is a new highly advanced stem cell treatment, whereby the bulge (which is the 'herniation') is clipped, and the disc injected with mesenchymel stem cells. What this is does, is reinforce the walls of the disk, which would normally be MUCH thinner in the area of the disc where the herniation was cleaved, leading to the nucleus blowing out, aka when your back has a "blow out," meaning the nuclear material of the disc blows out and there is little or no intervertebral material separating the discs. The mesenchymel stem cells build up the cleaved area in an attempt to restore the INTEGRITY of the disc itself after cleaving the herniation. There are a number of companies offering the therapy, it is only about 2 years old since gaining FDA approval I believe.
    I'm not sure of that, the main issue is its so far out that its putting pressure on the spinal cord and effecting it.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure of that, the main issue is its so far out that its putting pressure on the spinal cord and effecting it.
    Thats where my back was. Surgery was only option. Not sure why they have to fuse you though. Not saying its wrong at all. Just not following that. They performed a microlamnectomy on me. Is removing some of the material that is hitting your spinal cord an option? Probably already discussed. Again, good luck.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by likelifting View Post
    Thats where my back was. Surgery was only option. Not sure why they have to fuse you though. Not saying its wrong at all. Just not following that. They performed a microlamnectomy on me. Is removing some of the material that is hitting your spinal cord an option? Probably already discussed. Again, good luck.
    my dr doesnt want to fuse. He wants to do an artificial disc.

http://www.medtronic.com/patients/ce...vice/index.htm
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    Sounds much better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information