warmouth is offline Productive Member

Armour Thyroid?????

Ok guys. So I found it weird that someone posted about this is the Q&A right when I saw this substance in my house. I just noticed my wifes prescription of 15mg of this stuff. I was wondering what it is prescribed for other than hypothyroidism? if anything. She has not told me why she needs it, as I have not asked her because I just found it and she is in bed. After reading 405s post, this has me worried pretty bad. Can anyone tell me about htis stuff? The internet really isnt helping when I am searching it. Thanks you guys.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Only thing I can see it is for is Hypothyroidism. I dont see any other uses. Only thing I can think of is the T3 factor, weight loss.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 01-26-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Thats what I can see, but the T3 is so low that it wouldnt do much for weight loss. Only 9mcgs. But a doctor wouldnt prescribe a thyroid med for weight loss, would he?

No if it's prescribed only thing I see it used for is Hypothyroidism

Man, I am kind of feeling duped here. Hypothyroidism seems to be a pretty serious condition, one I feel like I should have been informed of. Sort of let down by this.

Sounds like most a woman type issue so she may have just not talked to you yet about it. After doing some reading it seems a LOT of women suffer from it. If so at least she got good stuff. Sounds like most of them get some synthetic sh*t and makes you gain weight and not work as well as the Armour Thyroid

It isjust a bummer man. I dont know how long she has been on it, dont know anything about it. I do know that if her doctor prescribed it for weight loss, I am going to lose it. I am not against using something for weight loss, if she really feels like she needs it, but not this drug. Heck no. I dont know which is worse though, the hiding, or if she is getting it for weight loss. Maybe she just dont think it is a big deal. But it seems, just fro reading about hypothyroidism, that it is a pretty serious issue. I have to ask her when she gets up or its going to eat at me.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    A huge portion of the population suffers from hypothyroidism and could benefit from thyroid replacement therapy.
    It isn't a big deal, and it is safer than any of the substances you use.

Like Bonaparte says, dont sweat it, not that big of a deal. If you do some google you will see it's quite common. I dont think she is hiding anything, probably not a big deal to her. What I read it's not really used as a weight loss but most people/women are talking about how they lost weight when using the Armour Thyroid compared to the synthetic or other types of thyroid medicines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    A huge portion of the population suffers from hypothyroidism and could benefit from thyroid replacement therapy.
    It isn't a big deal, and it is safer than any of the substances you use.
    Thank God! Kind of freaked me out. Lovbyts was helping me, and I am thankful. I was just so bummed that she hasnt told me about it and was hiding it from me. Thanks for clearing that up Bonaparte! And what the hell are you doing up?

One last thing, and it may be the reason for my concern. My grandmother gave me an illicit green herb she cultivates, and me or my wife do not do it. She never has. I brought it home and she kept telling me if I wanted it to do it. Shocked the living crap out of me! She isnot like that at all. I figured she would chew me out for even bringing it home. She even acted like she wanted to try it, but it being illegal, she wouldnt. I now think she would. But finding this Armour Thyroid just made me think she was hiding something from me, and that her telling me to do something she is against was her way of justifying it. Now I feel she was being honest about it. I still wush she would have told me about the condition she has, if at all. I just hope it isnt being used for weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Like Bonaparte says, dont sweat it, not that big of a deal. If you do some google you will see it's quite common. I dont think she is hiding anything, probably not a big deal to her. What I read it's not really used as a weight loss but most people/women are talking about how they lost weight when using the Armour Thyroid compared to the synthetic or other types of thyroid medicines.
    Thanks Lovbyts. I saw it wasnt intended for weighloss, and that it would take alot of it to stimulate any benefits for weight loss. I just hope this new doctor she has is legit. I mean, if it were something for weight loss, there would be so much better options anyways. I am no longer sweating it. I am going to ask her about it. But since it must be very common, maybe she really didnt think it was a big deal. Just seemed like one to me. Especially after reading 405s post earlier.

Now, Iam just curious if the "Master of the Lab" is going tobe willing to assist me in my next venture!?

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Now, Iam just curious if the "Master of the Lab" is going tobe willing to assist me in my next venture!?
    I'm sure he will get around to it.

^^^Ha, yeah right. I guess Ill have to get pointers from Sheven

Reason: "Thryroid was a smidge low". Doesnt taking this stuff mean that a person must rely on it from now on? Sort of like TRT?

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Reason: "Thryroid was a smidge low". Doesnt taking this stuff mean that a person must rely on it from now on? Sort of like TRT?
    Maybe but not sure. Maybe like a guy you can kick start your thyroid (PCT) and get things working again and everything might be fine. Even if it is for like there are worse things and as we have seen it's very common so not really a big deal either way, right?

Did you ask her about the from now on question?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey war sorry it took me so long! yeh that stuff when scripted legitimately is no biggie. i was gonna say it could be something as minor as her thyroid was just sub-optimal (like mine) but not HYPO thyroid.

i dont have to take mine it was just an option by my trt doc to "optimize" my thyroid levels. she may have not thought a lot about it.. i wouldnt make assumptions like she was deliberately hiding anything..

hope this helps

Thread Information