Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

So I bought a car

Figured since I asked for a lot of advice from you guys I would share my experience

I gave EBAY a try twice but will never go that route again. Both sellers had positive feedback ( in the 100's) and when mechanics went to look at the car they were both huge piles of shit. They were both in multiple accidents, possible flood on one, seats were switched out, things were held together by tape and screws. The pics that were on ebay and the ones the mechanics took were like night and day.

I guess if you can make a 185 pound fat girl look good on facebook you can do it to a car also.

I ended up buying a 2006 tahoe in Ohio. The car has 50k on it, every option, steel bumper (perfect for city street) and a mobile mechanic I had look at it said it was a gem. The dealership was asking 19600 and I ended up getting some what of a deal (imo) as this dealership was in the middle of no where and just wanted it off the lot. I ended up paying 16,800 got a lona from boa for 2.4% so I am pretty stoked.

I told the last mechanic about my ebays experience and he told me that a lot of the dealerships screw people so bad and when the car arrives they are like what the **** did I just do. In order to recoup some money the dealer tells them to give positive feedback and they will send money back to them. So the whole system is completely manipulated.

I ended up sending ebay the mechanics reports and the links for the cars the were trying to sell but I am sure nothign will be done.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    Figured since I asked for a lot of advice from you guys I would share my experience

I gave EBAY a try twice but will never go that route again. Both sellers had positive feedback ( in the 100's) and when mechanics went to look at the car they were both huge piles of shit. They were both in multiple accidents, possible flood on one, seats were switched out, things were held together by tape and screws. The pics that were on ebay and the ones the mechanics took were like night and day.

I guess if you can make a 185 pound fat girl look good on facebook you can do it to a car also.

I ended up buying a 2006 tahoe in Ohio. The car has 50k on it, every option, steel bumper (perfect for city street) and a mobile mechanic I had look at it said it was a gem. The dealership was asking 19600 and I ended up getting some what of a deal (imo) as this dealership was in the middle of no where and just wanted it off the lot. I ended up paying 16,800 got a lona from boa for 2.4% so I am pretty stoked.

I told the last mechanic about my ebays experience and he told me that a lot of the dealerships screw people so bad and when the car arrives they are like what the **** did I just do. In order to recoup some money the dealer tells them to give positive feedback and they will send money back to them. So the whole system is completely manipulated.

I ended up sending ebay the mechanics reports and the links for the cars the were trying to sell but I am sure nothign will be done.
    Good for you for taking the extra precautions...hope the new whip is fly lol

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya buying a car on ebay seems freakin crazy!! Just like you said about the fat girls on facebook...cash in person is how I roll.

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD
    Ya buying a car on ebay seems freakin crazy!! Just like you said about the fat girls on facebook...cash in person is how I roll.
    Not all are junk, and u can get screw just as good or worst by dealers or private sellers, I had two good transactions so far and a lot of heavy equipment too..

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD
    Forgot, I also never do deposits or send money and always but locally.

Thread Information