Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

The silent treatement

Have you ever been on the end of the silent treatment? If so, how long did it last (and why did it happen in the first place)? How did you deal with it? Maybe you're someone that gives the silent treatment.

Obviously the reason I ask is related to a private issue that i'd rather not go too into detail about, but interested in the thoughts of others.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I would respond but I'm not speaking to you right now.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I would respond but I'm not speaking to you right now.
    Did you go to funny school? Lol

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Generally it happens because my wife is mad about something dumb or I actually did something worth pissing her off lol

I handle it by talking to her until she talks back lol. The silent treatment is so immature and pointless IMO it doesn't help anything. If I don't wanna talk to her I'll go do something for a couple hours

Atomini is offline Banned
    Just don't let it get to you.

There's one thing I love about the silent treatment: I don't have to continue listening to her bullshit as long as she's silent.

So, the silent treatment tends to work in my favor and I don't have a problem with it at all.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice part of a silent treatment is that they leave you alone and dont bother you anymore!

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Even though my wife and I preach communication if there is a problem...the silent treatment is the norm whenever she/we are angry. I hate it because I ma a out your cards on the table kind of guy and let's hash it out. She doesn't care to argue and just shuts down entirely. Then we both end up not speaking to one another for days sometimes.

I usually get tired of it and break the ice by calling it how it is. Like.."so..are we never speaking to one another again then"? or something along those lines!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Lunk, that's exactly me. I like everything on the table, and I like matters resolved quickly.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    The silent treatment is the worst. It elicits a feeling that is one of the worst as it implies non existence.

"The greatest slight in life is not to be loved or hated but to be thought of with an attitude of total indifference", Author Unknown

The silent treatment portrays an attitude of total indifference - whether it perceived or real. Pretty shitty IMO.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Pamala get exercised allot during the silent treatment.. You could also invest in a fleshlight...

Just sayin.....

BUTTERYGOODNESS is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    Lunk, that's exactly me. I like everything on the table, and I like matters resolved quickly.
    Same here. U drag it out when u can resolve it right after the issue occurred. Then ucan continue enjoying ur day together.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Ive done thee silent treatment yrs ago when I was younger and ive also been on the receiving end many time with my ex-wife. Neither are good for you and its childish in many ways and use to really piss me off thinking why are we not talking!! it can also breed into other things and the problem why the silent treatment is happening can escalate into further bigger problems and then the whole fuking house can explode. Communication is the answer and one of you need to break the silence before its turns worse IMHO. I dont know the problem but "sorry" can go a long way for an opening converstaion line and once open you can direct the converstaion to where you want it if you are trained in a few movemnets of NLP

best of luck

ElDude is offline Associate Member
    The silent treatment is a shitty thing to deal with. I like getting everything out on the table because communication is a very important aspect of a relationship. My gf was not the same though, if she was mad she didnt talk. If I tried to get everything out on the table it would just shut her down more, so i learned to just ignore it. Go lift, go chill with friends, go see a movie, play some video games, whatever. No need for that immature BS IMO.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    The silent treatment is the worst. It elicits a feeling that is one of the worst as it implies non existence.

"The greatest slight in life is not to be loved or hated but to be thought of with an attitude of total indifference", Author Unknown

The silent treatment portrays an attitude of total indifference - whether it perceived or real. Pretty shitty IMO.
    We just got the scientific explanation of the silent treatment. Very cool haha

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    x4....I want things over and done so we can move on but she needs her space and time to cool down

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Can someone teach my wife the silent treatment? She never shuts up!

BengalWoman is offline Female Member
    I wonder what the world record is for how long a couple went with the silent treatment? Months, years?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    it's been years, but i'm the one that dishes it out.

the silent treatment can also come in the form of sexual activities, and I've dealt out the silent treatment in that area as well.

Thread Information