Armykid93 is offline Productive Member

Soooooo frustrated

So the lieutenant I work with just called me stupid basically because I wanted to confirm that something pretty important was done correctly. He then proceeds to tell me how pointless bodybuilding is and that if I wanted to go pro I probably would have "been picked up" years ago.....

I've never mentioned having pro aspirations to him or really anyone expect for some members of this board. I'm not even sure how my personal life is his business.

He has been an ass to me all morning and i'm not even sure what I've done wrong. When I try and communicate with him that I don't understand or even if I ask a clarification question he gets pissed off at me.

Just wanted a place to rant. This isn't everything i'm pissed off about regarding this guy but its what put me over the edge. Ooh and to top it all off this was supposed to be a day off for me.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    So the lieutenant I work with just called me stupid basically because I wanted to confirm that something pretty important was done correctly. He then proceeds to tell me how pointless bodybuilding is and that if I wanted to go pro I probably would have "been picked up" years ago......
    if the only way to continue doing something is to keep winning, he wouldnt have a job...

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He's just jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post

if the only way to continue doing something is to keep winning, he wouldnt have a job...
    Lol good point, wish I could say that to him.

And thanks redz,, I think that's the problem to

...and me post was merely to show a comparison... in no way is it a knock to any of the troops out there... want to make that clear

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Hey bro.............he could be that "he" is havin a bad day. Maybe a Captain jumped his ass over something that your not aware of............... You know what they say about s**t

It always runs down hill..............

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Duh officers are nobs they just love the power to feed there egos. Everyone knows the nco are the backbone of the army.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Officers in the military are like that one woman that knew exactly how to push your buttons. Thats what they do. Even if what he says drives you crazy NEVER let him see it does.

...and me post was merely to show a comparison... in no way is it a knock to any of the troops out there... want to make that clear
    Completely understood, you can't win them all and war is a reflection of that lol

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Officers in the military are like that one woman that knew exactly how to push your buttons. Thats what they do. Even if what he says drives you crazy NEVER let him see it does.
    Lol I don't, I still continue to act oblivious. I know he thinks i'm stupid so I just keep acting like Idk that and it drives him nuts

diabolicsoul is offline Associate Member
    Lol I don't, I still continue to act oblivious. I know he thinks i'm stupid so I just keep acting like Idk that and it drives him nuts
    Don't try and act like you don't know just because he thinks you're stupid... Don't let others bring you down, but also try and improve yourself daily.

I've had bosses do that to me before. They'll change a whole story around to try and make them look assertive and smarter than you. I've called my ex boss on it numerous times. Act what you think you're worth.

You're in the army, so i'm not sure that you can argue back at your lieutenant. I'm not talking about freaking out and calling names. If someone was questioning my intelligence and calling me stupid for an invalid reason, I'd have a talk with them.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    I couldn't handle that. During basic training, fine. But after im done, no way jose'. Just whisper to him quietly that you'd be more than happy to go out back, or up the road off Base and deal with his mouth accordingly, like two men.

But, you'd probably get tossed on the "Brig" for that. So dont do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    I couldn't handle that. During basic training, fine. But after im done, no way jose'. Just whisper to him quietly that you'd be more than happy to go out back, or up the road off Base and deal with his mouth accordingly, like two men.

But, you'd probably get tossed on the "Brig" for that. So dont do it.
    and the reason I was told by my uncle who was a ranked official not to join... I didnt do well with authority in my teens and early 20s

Quote Originally Posted by diabolicsoul View Post

Don't try and act like you don't know just because he thinks you're stupid... Don't let others bring you down, but also try and improve yourself daily.

I've had bosses do that to me before. They'll change a whole story around to try and make them look assertive and smarter than you. I've called my ex boss on it numerous times. Act what you think you're worth.

You're in the army, so i'm not sure that you can argue back at your lieutenant. I'm not talking about freaking out and calling names. If someone was questioning my intelligence and calling me stupid for an invalid reason, I'd have a talk with them.
    It pisses him off to no end but I still complete my job, he's leaving to another unit soon anyways. Good riddance

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    how many years did you sign up for, bro?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    and the reason I was told by my uncle who was a ranked official not to join... I didnt do well with authority in my teens and early 20s
    Looking pretty solid in your avi bro.

Armykid, hang in there buddy. Sometimes people feel the need to step on the little guy. Dont let him put you down. Stay strong and like the others said, don't allow this douche to see he's getting under your skin.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    It pisses him off to no end but I still complete my job, he's leaving to another unit soon anyways. Good riddance
    But remember on the flip side of things that he could be carrying some issues on his shoulders as well such as wife or G/F issues. or like someone else mentioned his superiors barking at him so he might be barking on down the food chain and you just happen to be in line of his bark. Maybe he is ticked cause he can no longer blackmail and otherwise harass the gays that are in the military, so he has no other place to turn to abuse. Or he could just be a D*ck! Just be sure to get him a goodbye you will be sorely missed card from Hallmark Cards. Of course a bag of dog poop set on fire in front of his door step would do nicely as well...lol

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    how many years did you sign up for, bro?
    Just 3 and a half. I'm hitting my year mark this month. He's leaving soon so i'm not worried about it. Also every nco and squared away officer in the unit hates the dude. I was thinking about it last night but I've never heard anyone say anything good about him except for his run times lol that's not an exaggeration either.

Thanks Mickey, good advice. That would be the worst thing I could do, show him he's pissing me off.

And Sholva you never fail to make me laugh but you provided really good advice as well, thanks.
    Last edited by Armykid93; 02-20-2013 at 09:53 AM.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    ArmyKid93 I had a boss exactly as you describe not military of course but a boss just like him in his mannerisms. A co worker who had been working there a lot longer said "look bro.. he's just like this. His wife probably hasn't f-d him in a long time. Maybe he can't get it up anymore. Who the f knows. All you need to know is that he has some kind of issue and it has nothing to do with you so keep doing your job and doing it well and just let it roll off like water."

But yeah I really despised having to talk to this dick. In his eyes no question was a valid worthy question of being asked. Not a good way to run a business if you want it to be successful.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    You will find out very quickly that in the Miltary there are some people who just cant lead.But some how they slip through the cracks and get promoted.I guess its called playing the game.I seen it when I was in the Marines.I saw some top notch men get fuk with until they were kicked out.And rank didnt matter.Play the game or get ready for hell.Some times a transfer is good if you cant deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    ArmyKid93 I had a boss exactly as you describe not military of course but a boss just like him in his mannerisms. A co worker who had been working there a lot longer said "look bro.. he's just like this. His wife probably hasn't f-d him in a long time. Maybe he can't get it up anymore. Who the f knows. All you need to know is that he has some kind of issue and it has nothing to do with you so keep doing your job and doing it well and just let it roll off like water."

But yeah I really despised having to talk to this dick. In his eyes no question was a valid worthy question of being asked. Not a good way to run a business if you want it to be successful.
    Makes a lot of sense, I can admit i'm not always the easiest to work with only because I don't have that charisma and confidence some dudes have. I know that over time it will be easier but its frustrating. At least I recognize my faults though.

Songdog I've seen that plenty here. The only rank the seems immune to it are e8 and 9, the really high enlisted. I'm sure one day I'll meet an incompetent one but as of yet I haven't. Plenty of d bags but they are damn good at their jobs lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Next time he gives you shit do the Harlem shake for him.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Next time he gives you shit do the Harlem shake for him.
    Haha!

Thread Information