Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Biggest pet peeve (not necessarily in the gym)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    People who stop right in the middle of the shopping centre and window shop there is a door!

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    When Lunk doesn't leave the house on time andu have to circle the block

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Foreign kids from chechnya who are brought to America and given all freedoms to do whatever they want, including a great education, only to turn around and bomb us........

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shol'va View Post
    foreign kids from chechnya who are brought to america and given all freedoms to do whatever they want, including a great education, only to turn around and bomb us........
    hell yeah!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Foreign kids from chechnya who are brought to America and given all freedoms to do whatever they want, including a great education, only to turn around and bomb us........
    Speaking of (military excluded) have you ever heard of an American or most any other developed country who has gone to other countries and bombed them?

Like I have been saying for years, not all Muslim are terrorist; but all the terrorist are Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Speaking of (military excluded) have you ever heard of an American or most any other developed country who has gone to other countries and bombed them?

Like I have been saying for years, not all Muslim are terrorist; but all the terrorist are Muslim.
    CNN recently published an article entitled Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated; according to a study released by Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “the terrorist threat posed by radicalized Muslim-Americans has been exaggerated.” The data does not support such a hasty conclusion. On the FBI’s official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the year 1980 all the way to 2005. According to this data, there were more Jewish acts of terrorism within the United States than Islamic (7% vs 6%). These radical Jews committed acts of terrorism in the name of their religion. These were not terrorists who happened to be Jews; rather, they were extremist Jews who committed acts of terrorism based on their religious passions, just like Al-Qaeda and company. Yet notice the disparity in media coverage between the two. It would indeed be very interesting to construct a corresponding pie chart that depicted the level of media coverage of each group. The reason that Muslim apologists and their “leftist dhimmi allies” cannot recall another non-Islamic act of terrorism other than Waco is due to the fact that the media gives menial coverage to such events. If a terrorist attack does not fit the “Islam is the perennial and existential threat of our times” narrative, it is simply not paid much attention to, which in reinforces and “proves” the preconceived narrative. It is to such an extent that the average American cannot remember any Jewish or Latino terrorist; why should he when he has never even heard of the Jewish Defense League or the Ejercito Popular Boricua Macheteros? Surely what he does not know does not exist!

The Islamophobes claim that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion. The proof? Well, just about every terrorist attack is Islamic, they retort. Unfortunately for them, that’s not quite true. More like six percent. Using their defunct logic, these right wingers ought now to conclude that nearly all acts of terrorism are committed by Latinos (or Jews). Let them dare say it…they couldn’t; it would be political and social suicide to say such a thing. Most Americans would shut down such talk as bigoted; yet, similar statements continue to be said of Islam, without any repercussions.

The Islamophobes live in a fantasy world where everyone is supposedly too “politically correct” to criticize Islam and Muslims. Yet, the reality is the exact opposite: you can get away with saying anything against the crescent.

The moral of the story is that Americans ought to calm down when it comes to Islamic terrorism. Right wingers always live in mortal fear–or rather, they try to make you feel that way. In fact, Pamela Geller said her mission was to “scare the bejeezus outta ya.” Don’t be fooled, and don’t be a wuss. You don’t live in constant fear of radicalized Latinos, even though they commit seven times more acts of terrorism than Muslims in America. Why then are you wetting yourself over Islamic radicals? In the words of Cenk Uygur: you’re at a ten when you need to be at a four. Nobody is saying that Islamic terrorism is not a matter of concern, but it’s grossly exaggerated.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/01/06...ization.study/

Women who wear dresses or low-cut tops that accentuate their massive cleavage then complain when a guy looks. Women who wear really short dresses that draw attention to their asses and legs and complain when a guy looks.
    lovbyts likes this.

Alright john is offline Junior Member
    People who don't let you finish your sentence and speak over you. Speaking with a mouthful of food. Ignorance and lack of manners

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    having someone hang up on me

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    http://tcths.sanford.duke.edu/docume...Since_9_11.pdf

The actual report says nothing about non-muslim terrorism.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu...5#terror_05sum

The terror report shows mostly attacks by known terrorist group, "Jewish Defense League".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesti..._United_States

Shows that they were most active between 1980-1985, which would include 15 terrorist attacks; mostly pipe bombs.
    Would also explain why they haven't gotten much press lately.

The last "jewish group" bombing was in 1986.
    Last edited by LGM; 04-22-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    lovbyts likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post

FBI — Terrorism 2002/2005

The terror report shows mostly attacks by known terrorist group, "Jewish Defense League".

Domestic terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shows that they were most active between 1980-1985, which would include 15 terrorist attacks; mostly pipe bombs.

Thanks for those links and updates. That is what I was expecting to find.

FBI — Terrorism 2002/2005

Domestic terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I took the initial study. Did research around the net to make sure it was legit. I found FBI report on terror. Combined all pertinent information and presented findings.

Jewish Defense League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    “On December 12, 2001, JDL leader Irv Rubin and JDL member Earl Krugel were charged with planning a series of bomb attacks against the Muslim Public Affairs Council in Los Angeles.” That was considered terrorist behavior. JDL has began new charters in Germany, Sweden, Florida , Louisiana , Michigan , Southern Carolina ,Texan , Canada since 2006. So this group is still extremely active. Their websites are actively seeking new members and their recruitment efforts are working or there wouldn’t be new chapters opening. JDL has been linked to terrorist attack in other countries as late as 2010. “At least two of the suspects in the 2010 murder of a French Muslim Saïd Bourarach appeared to have ties to the French chapter of the JDL.” Jewish Defense League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our government has a war on terror. Than why is it that until I did research that I had never heard of any of these other terrorist groups.
    Last edited by tigerspawn; 04-23-2013 at 11:09 AM.

stpete is offline Banned
    Liars. Liars piss me off more than anything. And i don't care what the lie is. If you lie, you're chicken shit in my book. My Dad always told me "if you lie, that means you're afraid. Be a man and stand behind everything you say and do. No one in their right mind will be a friend, or do business w/a liar or a coward."
    Lunk1 likes this.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    having someone hang up on me
    Have you ever explored the reason why these people continue to hang up on you?

lol (joking with you bro)

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Liars. Liars piss me off more than anything. And i don't care what the lie is. If you lie, you're chicken shit in my book. My Dad always told me "if you lie, that means you're afraid. Be a man and stand behind everything you say and do. No one in their right mind will be a friend, or do business w/a liar or a coward."
    Well said Pete.

Alright john is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    She said ' you do love me don't you'
    I replied ' yes of course '

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post

Have you ever explored the reason why these people continue to hang up on you?

lol (joking with you bro)
    hey hey hey....its because I can be a dick sometimes ; )

EKFitness is offline Member
    when the bottoms of my pants get wet then my socks get wet. hot girls working at a bagel place, that girls are Hornier on their period, girls with big big hands, girls with platinum blonde hair and dark eyebrows. when I talk dirty in bed and they say "what?"

that nj gogo bars can't be topless but 10 minutes away in NY it's legal.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EKFitness View Post
    when the bottoms of my pants get wet then my socks get wet. hot girls working at a bagel place, that girls are Hornier on their period, girls with big big hands, girls with platinum blonde hair and dark eyebrows. when I talk dirty in bed and they say "what?"
    that nj gogo bars can't be topless but 10 minutes away in NY it's legal.
    Are these the "lyrics" to a very bad rap song?

Quote Originally Posted by stpete

Are these the "lyrics" to a very bad rap song?
    lmao no. these things really don't bother anyone else? haha

lol @ last one

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Why is a hot girl working at a bagel store a Pet peeve...please elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    Why is a hot girl working at a bagel store a Pet peeve...please elaborate
    haha I own a gogo bar, and it annoys me that they would rather make bagels and wake up at 6am for $7 an hour instead of work for me as a barmaid and make much more...and make me more lol

haha I own a gogo bar, and it annoys me that they would rather make bagels and wake up at 6am for $7 an hour instead of work for me as a barmaid and make much more...and make me more lol
    Maybe ...they are not the type to work in a gogo bar. It's not for evryone...

But aI see why it would be a persoanl pet peeve of yours lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

Maybe ...they are not the type to work in a gogo bar. It's not for evryone...

But aI see why it would be a persoanl pet peeve of yours lol
    trust me they are no preachers daughter. just lazy. kinda girls who want to work at a tanning salon front desk instead of hustle for some cash. but don't get me wrong I have a team of barmaids that put most bars to shame.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    trust me they are no preachers daughter. just lazy. kinda girls who want to work at a tanning salon front desk instead of hustle for some cash. but don't get me wrong I have a team of barmaids that put most bars to shame.
    I wish I could be like you.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Cnn.

AnabolicDoc is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post

CNN recently published an article entitled Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated; according to a study released by Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, "the terrorist threat posed by radicalized Muslim-Americans has been exaggerated." The data does not support such a hasty conclusion. On the FBI's official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the year 1980 all the way to 2005. According to this data, there were more Jewish acts of terrorism within the United States than Islamic (7% vs 6%). These radical Jews committed acts of terrorism in the name of their religion. These were not terrorists who happened to be Jews; rather, they were extremist Jews who committed acts of terrorism based on their religious passions, just like Al-Qaeda and company. Yet notice the disparity in media coverage between the two. It would indeed be very interesting to construct a corresponding pie chart that depicted the level of media coverage of each group. The reason that Muslim apologists and their "leftist dhimmi allies" cannot recall another non-Islamic act of terrorism other than Waco is due to the fact that the media gives menial coverage to such events. If a terrorist attack does not fit the "Islam is the perennial and existential threat of our times" narrative, it is simply not paid much attention to, which in reinforces and "proves" the preconceived narrative. It is to such an extent that the average American cannot remember any Jewish or Latino terrorist; why should he when he has never even heard of the Jewish Defense League or the Ejercito Popular Boricua Macheteros? Surely what he does not know does not exist!

The Islamophobes claim that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion. The proof? Well, just about every terrorist attack is Islamic, they retort. Unfortunately for them, that's not quite true. More like six percent. Using their defunct logic, these right wingers ought now to conclude that nearly all acts of terrorism are committed by Latinos (or Jews). Let them dare say it...they couldn't; it would be political and social suicide to say such a thing. Most Americans would shut down such talk as bigoted; yet, similar statements continue to be said of Islam, without any repercussions.

The Islamophobes live in a fantasy world where everyone is supposedly too "politically correct" to criticize Islam and Muslims. Yet, the reality is the exact opposite: you can get away with saying anything against the crescent.

The moral of the story is that Americans ought to calm down when it comes to Islamic terrorism. Right wingers always live in mortal fear-or rather, they try to make you feel that way. In fact, Pamela Geller said her mission was to "scare the bejeezus outta ya." Don't be fooled, and don't be a wuss. You don't live in constant fear of radicalized Latinos, even though they commit seven times more acts of terrorism than Muslims in America. Why then are you wetting yourself over Islamic radicals? In the words of Cenk Uygur: you're at a ten when you need to be at a four. Nobody is saying that Islamic terrorism is not a matter of concern, but it's grossly exaggerated.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/01/06...ization.study/
    You couldn't be more wrong. It's not an issue of just terrorism but it relates to the fact that Muslim nations all over the globe knowingly harbor terrorist groups and refuse to aid in the world effort to rid us of such terrorists. Furthermore even if you're numbers are correct which I am highly suspect, you're failing to compare more important numbers such as body count, total damages, and collateral damage. Please don't compare any group, Jewish or otherwise, to Muslim terrorist groups. That's like comparing my mother-in-law to Hitler.

Furthermore you act like our country, the US, is in the business of trying to make the Jewish people look better. I don't think that our government (prior to Obama) has been anti-Semitic, but the sentiment is still very real here. So don't act like our media and gov't tries to make Muslims look worse than the Jews. The Muslims do a pretty good enough job of that on their own. And I wholeheartedly agree that of course most Muslims are not terrorists, but unfortunately most Muslim countries and their people are willing to harbor and protect such terrorists - this is practically just as bad.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicDoc View Post
    And I wholeheartedly agree that of course most Muslims are not terrorists, but unfortunately most Muslim countries and their people are willing to harbor and protect such terrorists - this is practically just as bad.
    Well said.....

austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I don't like it when I'm told I can't dual wield at the gun range.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

"It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    I don't like it when I'm told I can't dual wield at the gun range.
    In Texas? Find a new range

Blog Entries
    New one experienced (re-experienced actually) this am dropping off daughter at school.
    Idiots that double park when there are spots avail right on the side of the road one or 2 spaces up. WTF??
    Of course being in front of daughter's school with kids everywhere i couldn't even say yo asshole pull up 10 feet and park ....

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup
    New one experienced (re-experienced actually) this am dropping off daughter at school.
    Idiots that double park when there are spots avail right on the side of the road one or 2 spaces up. WTF??
    Of course being in front of daughter's school with kids everywhere i couldn't even say yo asshole pull up 10 feet and park ....
    You're a better man than I lol
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You're a better man than I lol
    Yeah well maybe this am but I can assure you this is far from always the case! lol

ppl who tailgate me on the highway even though im well over the speed limit and not in the left lane....I always break-check the hell out them

-Release the Kracken!!!-

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    ppl who tailgate me on the highway even though im well over the speed limit and not in the left lane....I always break-check the hell out them

-Release the Kracken!!!-
    boy i've had some highway incidents...ppl lose their fvking minds and feel so omnipotent behind the wheel....defnitely violent weapons

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post

boy i've had some highway incidents...ppl lose their fvking minds and feel so omnipotent behind the wheel....defnitely violent weapons
    ha....ur tellin me

-Release the Kracken!!!-

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Fox news.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Faux news.
    Ftfy.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    2 45's on each side, smith machine, cheating up every rep, ass up, only thing touching is shoulders,

"225 10 times, fuck yeah"

Then dancing around to imaginary head phone music

Sir its 200, and you didn't do,it once
    Obs likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information