Thread: ??blood work??

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"

??blood work??

Anyone know if there is any at home blood work kits that are for home use buy a reg person I like most of us get reg blood work done but it would be so much more convenient if there were something you could do from home not long ago i got a new life insurance policy they needed blood work like they do normally nurse came out took 2 vials of blood and a small sample of urine (anyone could easily do this)took us 5mins put it in a pre-addressed box i put it in my mail a week later had my blood work and a week after that had a print out copy sent to me i cant get over how convenient this would be for people like us

cheers
    Last edited by frank13; 04-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i am not aware of any such kit for sale. but i think drawing blood yourself is a lot more difficult than pinning yourself. very different procedure and almost definitely need both hands free.

unless your gf is a nurse...

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Frank. U want someone to come to your home

I think frank is wanting in home service rather then doing it himself.

AD
    you want a nurse to visit you. with a big needle. ok. such services are easily available. but it may not involve any drawing of blood. and the nurse may not be a real nurse...

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by AD
    you want a nurse to visit you. with a big needle. ok. such services are easily available. but it may not involve any drawing of blood. and the nurse may not be a real nurse...
    Well it sure is convenient. Sounds like a biz opportunity. The legitimate biz opportunity. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    hahaha yea that would be nice but no i was think if you could buy the kit and do it all your self draw the blood and send it away im thinking maybe this is something only life insurance company's have access to witch sucks i dont see why u cant buy it and do it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Frank. U want someone to come to your home

I think frank is wanting in home service rather then doing it himself.
    that would be cool too i would think tho doing it yourself would be most cost effective way

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by frank13 View Post
    hahaha yea that would be nice but no i was think if you could buy the kit and do it all your self draw the blood and send it away im thinking maybe this is something only life insurance company's have access to witch sucks i dont see why u cant buy it and do it yourself
    do you have any experience getting IV access on yourself? oh wait.. that may be confidential information. lol.

if you know what blood tubes you need, depending on what test you want to run. my local supplier has stuffs like that, but i dont think they do mail order.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No thanks, when it comes to sticking a needle into my blood vein I will let a trained nurse do that for me. I dont mine, it never hurts but I also never watch. I doubt you will save all that much by drawing the blood yourself and sending it into a lab. I'm sure you could also contact a lab though and ask them what their protocols are for receiving blood for testing.

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    No thanks, when it comes to sticking a needle into my blood vein I will let a trained nurse do that for me. I dont mine, it never hurts but I also never watch. I doubt you will save all that much by drawing the blood yourself and sending it into a lab. I'm sure you could also contact a lab though and ask them what their protocols are for receiving blood for testing.
    yup, now that you mention it, some labs provide needles and tubes for free, to attract business.

Thread Information