Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: WHAT DRIVES U, why do you train??

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Lol at the rich comment but i get were you are coming from. I bet all your friends make excuses and say that they will get a pt and do the latest fad diet of probably one pea a day and 23 shakes and they will be as big as you andas ripped i get it a good bit just laugh and ignore them
    i used to be a lot more competitive and materialistic when i was younger. for many years, i told myself that i will not be satisfied until i have a Ferrari and a Porsche each in the garage. of cos, i soon realised that its not going to happen. so what else can i do if i can't get any richer? lol... i realised i can get bigger. hence my latest hobby, BBing.
    DCI likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I like feeling my shirt stretching against my back, shoulder, chest and arms. I like the feeling of being big and people looking and asking me "How do you to get be so big".

I like putting my body through pain and pushing it to its limits, I like the pain/pleasure feeling I get from training. I also train to de-stress from work and I also get immense excitement while training which would take me ages to describe.

When I first started dating an ex girlfriend many years ago I remember going back to her house for the first time she started to unbutton my shirt while she was kissing me and then pulled the shirt over my shoulders and stood back and said " Oh my fvcking god look at the state of you" that statement and the excitement in her eyes still vibrates in my head to this day, it was her first time with a bodybuilder, I wont go into anymore detail but that situation happened a lot when I was free and single and it still drives me to this day.

I also have this strange drive inside what just makes me want to be different than anyone else and if I am doing something I always try my best to give it my all. Its gone from hobby to obsession to lifestyle over the years but one thing is for certain I love being muscular, big and going training its what I do otherwise I wouldn't of been doing for the last 27years.
    DCI likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I was tired of getting picked on by the big kids at recess time!
    Happens to alot of kids unfortunately, n in ever more horrible ways it seems. But it sounds like you decided to do something about it. Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    I was tired of having nothing that made me different to other people no real identity, the only thing I could boast about was being able to drink more than my mates. Drinking just got me in trouble, so I gave up the booze and dedicated myself to the gym and diet and everything else that comes with it. I feel alot better, much more confident. No more alcohol to hide behind. And I have now found my own identity.
    I feel my best when I'm in the gym, muscles all pumped up, I just feel at home, feel better than anything else has ever made me feel.

Being called small all the time didn't help either
    yeh, when i first broke up with the ex, my daughters mum it was hard, hardest thing to do in the world. I wanted to take on all the kids rather than just walk out the door. We even agreed at first she was gunna go. Then that wed break up slowly for kyras sake. But, as it went i cak home from the gym at 10:30 one night n all my clothes were in bin bags. (One of the reasons i had to leave was she could he unpredictably viscious sometimes), so id decided long ago i had to leave. I just had to make sure kyra was old enough to understand a bit more.

Things are better now. Im forgiving (the shitstorm i was put through after. Whoooooo), but i stayed nice. N everythings ok. I mean. What did i expect. She believed wed get married. N i left her, she was bound to be upset. But, if this makes sense it was or might have been harder for me. Did love her, i just hoped shed.change. took me 8+years to realise she wouldnt.

But like u mate, im in a new happier chapter. I used.to go out every night. My gym became sporadic so i stopped. The most is once a week. But if that. N i have nice gf, treats me well n keeps me happy. N i see my daughter every weekend n have quality time with her. Something i dint get to do much before.

Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    I used to be fat. That made me depressed. I self medicated with booze to feel better. But the booze made me fatter. It was a vicious cycle. But with hard work and dedication I lost weight and working out got me out of the depression and made me confident. I know I'm never going back. So I train everyday.

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.
    ha, the point u look at yourself n say. What the **** have i done to myself, this was actually the FIRST reason or mind changeing point wher i decided i looked a f'in state!!! things change over time tho n.maybe a few of our individual goals.have had ti change along our journeys. ;-) Great reason.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I just want my legs to be bigger than Marcus arms
    lol'd at this. I also hate my legs. Theyve gotten better tho. A hell of a lot better. But seems theres still miles n miles to.go! ?

Quote Originally Posted by bdos900 View Post

Shooting for the stars there buddy
    if we shoot for the stars its still a great goal. You know. I used to say to ppl. Why dont u try to be the richest person on earth. I mean. Why not?, if u even get 1% of the way there, youll still be bloody rich ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy726 View Post
    I am a recovered fat guy who was Hugh and.now I'm.slim. I set goals in life and never fail so I train all the time to get me to the next challenge
    understand matey. Great when u make that change. When u conquer your body. In one year i made some pretty big changes n it makes u feel proud dont it! nice one. Keep it up ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by kitstreasure View Post
    Because my life depends on it.
    i managed to improve my health quite a bit all because of the.gym. i mean, ive not cured myself n my rotator cuffs now play up quite a bit. But my heart murmurs arent so bad now and my constant back aches gone.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    I started for primarily athletic reasons, but it didn't take long for my vanity to take over. Now it is only about being more ripped and attractive than other guys which is great for self confidence, happiness, and to get laid more.
    haha. The get laid factor, hey, who says its gotta be all about health n thats it. Gettin laids a good enough bonus for anyone!! n great great boost when every girl is looking at ya huh?, haha ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RescuesPitbulls View Post
    I was picked on a lot when i was younger. I live in NYC, i love feeling swole & strong. I love walking by with my girlfriend knowing guys can't fk with me.

Lifting doesn't meet i can defend myself than a trained fighter but the intimidation factor when walking through a bad neighborhood is always on my side.

I also love bodybuilding.
    sry to hear u had a hard time, but, do you tjink you would look like you do, got inti bodybuilding and have the physique u have now if u didnt?, always something good comes out from.a bad situation. Like u it might take a while to materialise but it does!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow530i View Post

**** partying, keep gettin' it in at the GYM and gettin' those GAAAIINNNZZZZ

that's what matters.

In 6-12 weeks when you hit 15% or less go have a fun night out if that's your way of rewarding yourself for the effort you've been putting in--who knows, maybe by that point you'll just wanna train more and won't care what anyone thinks about how "interesting" you are.

Truly not giving a **** what other people think about you is quite a liberating feeling.
    oops. Kinda went out lol. Had a good time tho. Few more buddies came out once they realized i was out. Lol. Was like a welcoming committee!!! Feels goid tho. Walking down the bar shaking 10-15hands aling the way. N more as ppl fill in. It is goid to have friends n theres no way ud see them all normally. But. I left early. Told the missus stay out n have fun. Altho she came home hour or less after. N ill still be putting in my 4+hrs.if training so. Is it that bad? not hunggover. ;-) But then i never am nowadays!

yeah defo 100% on not caring what ppl tjink of me. U do that n ur life revolves around others instead of whats important. Me, my health, my daughter, my.missus and my wallet! lolz

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

^^^ This ^^^ the direction I was going I would have been in the wheel chair before 60.
    scary thought there. Glad u made some changes. Keep focused and always remember. "Nothings impossible, it simply hasnt been done yet"

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

Weightlifting gave me my life back too. The pain management clinics don't help really. It just dopes you up so that your mind can't function, but you're still in pain, but not caring that you're in pain. To me it was either keep going and uping the dose or hit the gym and get some real relief.

I don't use any pain meds aside from Aleve at all anymore (when arthritis is bothering me).

But I mostly go just for fun though.
    hate having to take load of tabs. Annoying. But im cutting back especially on the tramadol. Wush id never. Gone on em. But years down the line n. Pfft. Well its annoying. But ill be off em soon enough. Take anti inflammatories for mt rotator cuffs. I always wirry tho. Will this reduce swelling in muscles etc etc.

But the.gym helps dont take nothing cept the odd heart tablet whilst im there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    i train so i can look better than some of my friends who are richer than me. if i can't beat them financially, at least i can aesthetically.
    lolol'd at this. Yeah, my best mates alot richer than me, but im easily twice the size of him. But, he accepts when i say no to this n not to that. He trains bloody hard down the gym though and ive got him more and more dedicated to looking good. N for his size hes not bad shape. Well proportioned. But i still lift twice as mych haha

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Lol at the rich comment but i get were you are coming from. I bet all your friends make excuses and say that they will get a pt and do the latest fad diet of probably one pea a day and 23 shakes and they will be as big as you andas ripped i get it a good bit just laugh and ignore them
    yehn so many do this?!?, make so many excuses. I know one guy. Does cycles. Never trains. I mean seriously whats the point???, if anything hes shrunk. Crazy. Still, theres no telling some people!

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    I train because I like to be bigger than other people. I like people saying "**** me, look at that guy", granted Im not the physique of the week, but Im big and when im in a shirt at work, it makes me look gooooooooood!
    oh yeh baby, lol. Get this quite alot. The. "**** me ur a big bloke aintchya" or "take it you go down the gym then" even the ones who appear from nowhere like they know you saying ur amzin. Top guy. Intriduce you to there missus n friends. Its nice. When ur one if the biggest.guys in a joint ppl always wanna be nice to you. Me. Im nice to everyone too so its a good combo. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I like feeling my shirt stretching against my back, shoulder, chest and arms. I like the feeling of being big and people looking and asking me "How do you to get be so big".

I like putting my body through pain and pushing it to its limits, I like the pain/pleasure feeling I get from training. I also train to de-stress from work and I also get immense excitement while training which would take me ages to describe.

When I first started dating an ex girlfriend many years ago I remember going back to her house for the first time she started to unbutton my shirt while she was kissing me and then pulled the shirt over my shoulders and stood back and said " Oh my fvcking god look at the state of you" that statement and the excitement in her eyes still vibrates in my head to this day, it was her first time with a bodybuilder, I wont go into anymore detail but that situation happened a lot when I was free and single and it still drives me to this day.

I also have this strange drive inside what just makes me want to be different than anyone else and if I am doing something I always try my best to give it my all. Its gone from hobby to obsession to lifestyle over the years but one thing is for certain I love being muscular, big and going training its what I do otherwise I wouldn't of been doing for the last 27years.
    Took me so bloody long to reply u managed to.write all this!! haha.

God. Talking about bloody shirts. Ffs. NONE of mine fit properly anymore. I mean the chest buttons look like they gunna take someones eye out!! n as for normal t-shirts. Absolute bloody nightmare to get off or on after the gym now. I soooooo gotta get a new wardrobe full!!!

ha! my ex used to love my arms. Over the 8 years my body difflated from muscle n filled with fat. Now im much better shape size wise than iver ever been. Caught her lookin on nore than one occ, ;-) but, sry love, another cats got the cream now (no pun intended),, lol

27 Years. Damn i take my hat off to u i was dedicated from 15-21, but uneducated too so dudnt get the results i could of. Lacked the drive. But was healthy enough!, long time tho. Take my hat off to ya. Now THAT is drive.

But then look at the results. It shows bro. Nice1

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Class. I've had the gf thing happen before obviously not to the same degree but it is a serious endorphine rush when that happens. No bother motivator than that.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    i used to be a lot more competitive and materialistic when i was younger. for many years, i told myself that i will not be satisfied until i have a Ferrari and a Porsche each in the garage. of cos, i soon realised that its not going to happen. so what else can i do if i can't get any richer? lol... i realised i can get bigger. hence my latest hobby, BBing.
    I've driven Ferrari's yes they are fun but you get kinda used to them. I prefer something more normal and putting your own touch to it

omfg. OMFG.,

advice. On leg day. (All of em slackers), guadriceps. Hammies. Calves. WhT ever that shin muscles called that burns like a mutha#$%&*&%$, satoris glutes . Coyldnt walk. Great idea right?,

had pump class half hour after. I f'in melted lolol. Ah yes at the hardest point you ask that questiin

Why the hell AM I DOING THIS?!?

answer?

cuz i f$%&ing luvs it!!! least tomorrow bit easier. Gunna hit arms. Then hiit class

Woop woop!!!

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by justincwade View Post
    you mean u like killing people. Or you like getting better at it

Lolz
    Yes sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Misery13 View Post

Yes sir.
    Lolz ;-),

BUMP anyone not said theirs?, ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information