Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Zimmerman: Not Guilty

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject

Pro what? Even if they're pro something they still don't have authority over you.

Let me ask you this, a few months back there was a story about a mom, daughter and son who had two unknown men come into their house. They tied the son up and took the mom and daughter into the bedroom and began to beat and rape them. The son was able to break free and went and got one of the family guns and walked into the bedroom and shot both men dead.

Considering that story, should he have called 911 and then waited patiently for the police while his mom and sister were being raped and beaten to death? What if it was a Pro 911 person, the 911 employee of the year, would that have changed things? If he had yelled to the men "I've called 911, you better look out" do you think that would have made them run?
    Pro, PO - police officer

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    Pro, PO - police officer
    You're right, they do. But when a police officer is acting as a 911 operator that's what he is, a 911 operator. His active police authority does not carry over.

A 991 operator, whoever he/she is, their job is to distract you as best they can in order to calm you down and to notify the police or other agencies about the situation. That's it, that's their job.

However, it's important to keep in mind that anything you say during your call with a 911 operator can be used against you in court. It can also (apparently) be edited and twisted by certain news outlets to sway the public perception as George Zimmerman learned. When Zimmerman called 911 he said

Zimmerman: There is a suspicious man walking through the neighborhood.
    Operator: What is suspicious?
    Zimmerman: He's wearing a hoodie and walking through people's yards. (something to that affect)
    Operator: What does he look like?
    Zimmerman: He's a black man.

When the call was aired on the news originally, it was aired as follows:
    Zimmerman: There is a suspicious man walking through the neighborhood.
    Operator: What is suspicious?
    Zimmerman: He's a black man.

Talk about twisted.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    lol ^^

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    How do you get fat in prison?
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Eating chili and chips.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Neighborhood watch means nothing. You watch the neighborhood, and you call if you see anything suspicious. I don't think there is a neighborhood watch manual anywhere on earth that says take matters into your own hands.

Keyword: WATCH.

Not "neighborhood follow suspects until you get into a fight and shoot to kill. "
    If that is the case then door men or bouncers should just watch the people come and go and have no authority to stop anyone, break up fights or throw anyone out. They have no LEGAL authority, do they? What special training do most have?

Neighborhood watch have to attend meeting regularly. Most are also required to attend classes or meetings where the police are present to advise what you should do in specific situations.

These are private properties and communities with home owners associations were people are volunteering to help keep the community safe and without them a lot more houses would be fair game for would be thieves. They are not just a vigilante group as it's being made out to be.

It's easy when you are on anti depressants because you are facing the possibility of live in prison and every shred of what was your life has been unraveled and the media is making you out to be a child killer.

I dont think it was exactly a day spa where he was getting to exercise whenever he wanted due to someone in general public would have killed him already.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-14-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Any riots yet?

Edit: Yep, out in California. Idiots taking it out on buildings and police not even directly involved.
    Last edited by Black; 07-14-2013 at 07:15 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    Any riots yet?
    As I figured the general media is not going to report most of them because we dont want to make anyone LOOK bad do we.

Prison Planet.com » Oakland Hit By Riots After Zimmerman Verdict

Civil unrest is beginning to hit US streets following the acquittal of George Zimmerman, with demonstrators smashing windows, attacking police cars, overturning dumpsters and setting fires in downtown Oakland.

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I feel like people don't grasp that guilt as to be proven BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT! Since nobody was there to witness the entire events unfold then there obviously has to be some doubt as to what happened. The defense did an amazing job while the prosecution just tried to make it a bunch of assumptions. The kid was big and played football, i know at that age I would've been easily able to overtake Zimmerman and beat the sh*t out of the guy. There could be visual and sound fo the whole incident playing out in Zimmerman's favor and it would still be the wrong verdict, it's all about race and it's sad!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I find it odd how every title reads " Found not guilty of BLACK teens death."
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Blog Entries
    I wonder what Snowden thinks about this!!!

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Also odd is the continual babbling from the state attorney down that race was not a factor in this case. Right. It's the only reason this case has evoked so much attention.
    State attorney would not answer why the lead investigator in this case was canned. Nah....not race-related at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    As I figured the general media is not going to report most of them because we dont want to make anyone LOOK bad do we.

Prison Planet.com » Oakland Hit By Riots After Zimmerman Verdict

Civil unrest is beginning to hit US streets following the acquittal of George Zimmerman, with demonstrators smashing windows, attacking police cars, overturning dumpsters and setting fires in downtown Oakland.
    Well, it doesn't help the situation when idiots like Roddy White(Atlanta Falcons) tweets that the jury should go home tonight and kill themselves.

redhawk01 is offline Member
    If Zimmerman was so guilty, why did the original prosecutor refuse to proceed with the case? The second one fell under political pressure to go forward. They also withheld evidence for the defense. The person who came forward with that evidence( whistle blower) was fired. It all smells fishy to me.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk01 View Post
    If Zimmerman was so guilty, why did the original prosecutor refuse to proceed with the case? The second one fell under political pressure to go forward. They also withheld evidence for the defense. The person who came forward with that evidence( whistle blower) was fired. It all smells fishy to me.
    because Florida had a ridiculous stand your ground law. Pretty much give you the right to kill someone if your scared. Thank you NRA
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

because Florida had a ridiculous stand your ground law. Pretty much give you the right to kill someone if your scared. Thank you NRA
    But they didn't use stand your ground as a defense. They used self defense.

GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Oh my god.....I am speechless. I live in NC, how embarrassing. They must live in asheville, nc.

Personally I am tired of the whole race aspect being thrown around to make this case stand out more and perceived in a more negative light then it already is. Media is a big part of who is orchestrating it. Some people really need to GET OVER IT.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    The opinions in this thread are identical to those in the court room.
    Those who support Zimmerman do so based on fact!
    Those who oppose Zimmerman do so out of emotion!
    BlueWaffle21 and crazy mike like this.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmReaper View Post
    Personally I am tired of the whole race aspect being thrown around to make this case stand out more and perceived in a more negative light then it already is. Media is a big part of who is orchestrating it. Some people really need to GET OVER IT.
    I find it quite comical that race is even part of this considering it was a minority who killed a minority. I can only imagine the reaction if Zimmerman were a blonde haired, blue eyed Caucasian.

Nytimes called him a white hispanic. Zimmerman refers to himself as hispanic, but to those who look for race-related hate under every rock, he's a white man.

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Nytimes called him a white hispanic. Zimmerman refers to himself as hispanic, but to those who look for race-related hate under every rock, he's a white man.
    "A brown guy kills a black guy. A white guy is blamed"- random yahoo comment
    Lunk1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

I find it quite comical that race is even part of this considering it was a minority who killed a minority. I can only imagine the reaction if Zimmerman were a blonde haired, blue eyed Caucasian.
    Florida would be lit up like an out of control wild fire. And Oakland, well, you get the idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmReaper View Post
    "A brown guy kills a black guy. A white guy is blamed"- random yahoo comment
    LMAO!!!!!!! This is hilarious but true!!

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWaffle21 View Post
    I wonder what Snowden thinks about this!!!
    Snowden? Oh yeah that guy who worked as a defense contractor cause he needed the money and then decided to steal all of Amercas' secrets cause he needed the money. So he flew to Russia who paid him the most money cause he needed the money and now wants to relocate in Venezuela. But as he has said he did nothing wrong. There is a story out there somewhere where it states that more secrets have been stolen under Obamas watch than all other presidents combined! Don't know if it's true or not but if it is that is really bad and will be one of the negatives that will haunt him, well as well as the Obama Care which has already negatively affected me personally by my insurance going up so high already that I keep losing more and more coverage due to the insurance companies raising rates to prepare for the upcoming losses in Obamacare once it takes effect next year. although I'm told a lot of it is now not going to take effect because of lack of money for the first of next year. Obama was over in Africa recently giving billions to one of the towns over there for to build an electric company to power their city. Yet for the first time in the history of our nation our military men and women must suffer because he doesn't care enough to fund the military and their spouses to even be able to celebrate the fourth of july at their military bases. Priorities I guess....

Obama's $7 Billion for African Electricity
    By Bill Sweet
    Posted 3 Jul 2013 | 15:01 GMT

With respect to the US $7 billion U.S. program to help six African countries upgrade their electric power systems, which President Obama announced on Sunday during his trip to Africa, there are two questions that spring immediately to mind: First, though the United States is a very rich country and the presidency is a very powerful position, does Obama actually have the authority to just write a huge $7 billion check to support a cause he happens to like? And second, is a paltry $7 billion enough to really make a difference?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Snowden? Oh yeah that guy who worked as a defense contractor cause he needed the money and then decided to steal all of Amercas' secrets cause he needed the money. So he flew to Russia who paid him the most money cause he needed the money and now wants to relocate in Venezuela. But as he has said he did nothing wrong. There is a story out there somewhere where it states that more secrets have been stolen under Obamas watch than all other presidents combined! Don't know if it's true or not but if it is that is really bad and will be one of the negatives that will haunt him, well as well as the Obama Care which has already negatively affected me personally by my insurance going up so high already that I keep losing more and more coverage due to the insurance companies raising rates to prepare for the upcoming losses in Obamacare once it takes effect next year. although I'm told a lot of it is now not going to take effect because of lack of money for the first of next year. Obama was over in Africa recently giving billions to one of the towns over there for to build an electric company to power their city. Yet for the first time in the history of our nation our military men and women must suffer because he doesn't care enough to fund the military and their spouses to even be able to celebrate the fourth of july at their military bases. Priorities I guess....

Obama's $7 Billion for African Electricity
    By Bill Sweet
    Posted 3 Jul 2013 | 15:01 GMT

With respect to the US $7 billion U.S. program to help six African countries upgrade their electric power systems, which President Obama announced on Sunday during his trip to Africa, there are two questions that spring immediately to mind: First, though the United States is a very rich country and the presidency is a very powerful position, does Obama actually have the authority to just write a huge $7 billion check to support a cause he happens to like? And second, is a paltry $7 billion enough to really make a difference?
    Ugh, this is sickening!! I'm sick of our country spending billions on other countries when we have so much here than could be fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWaffle21

Ugh, this is sickening!! I'm sick of our country spending billions on other countries when we have so much here than could be fixed!
    Would we even have the national debt if we kept our own money? I would like to know what other countries "donate".

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWaffle21 View Post
    I know I just don't get it. We got guys like Snowden over here raping our country of all it's top secrets and he is overseas giving away the federal reserve bank....

Would we even have the national debt if we kept our own money? I would like to know what other countries "donate".
    Yeah me too starting with China.....

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Great comment and it puts the debate to rest IMOP. ...crazy mike

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    So, so true. Where's the outrage and media attention to this recent horrendous crime:

Baby shot dead in stroller; 2 Georgia teens charged - CNN.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Also odd is the continual babbling from the state attorney down that race was not a factor in this case. Right. It's the only reason this case has evoked so much attention.
    State attorney would not answer why the lead investigator in this case was canned. Nah....not race-related at all.
    Let's not forget that the Chief of Police was fired as well for basically not caving in to the political pressure and standing his ground based on the evidence at hand and not emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    There are no winners here whatsoever, just losers. The media picks and chooses what it wants to blow out of proportion based on how it may generate income as well as more residual press, etc. Regardless of what put these two together the evidence supported the jury's decision. I'm just impressed that they did not cave in to the emotional aspect of it all.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va

Yeah me too starting with China.....
    Considering china probably owns over 50% of the U.S., we donate on their behalf. Lol

Considering china probably owns over 50% of the U.S., we donate on their behalf. Lol
    Or you can look at it another way... We are their donations....lol

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I'm just impressed that they did not cave in to the emotional aspect of it all.
    I am also...

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va

Or you can look at it another way... We are their donations....lol
    They do it to keep our economy afloat, so we can buy all their crap. Lol

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post

So, so true. Where's the outrage and media attention to this recent horrendous crime:

[URL="http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby-killed"]Baby shot dead in stroller; 2 Georgia teens charged - CNN.com[/ect of it all.
    thats one thing I've never understood....u dont identify someone because of there age???? well if they commit the crime or break any kind of law, they should be indentified regardless of their age

-Beast Mode-

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    ^^^uh dont kno why it did it like that lol

-Beast Mode-

Seriously guys I don't know about you but I'm glad it's all over! Lets hope we can move on. I'm tired of turning on the news only to hear about this. There are hundreds of murdered people in the USA every year but this case got front page news each and every day. The news media played a large part in that though...
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    A self appointed neighbourhood watchman with a criminal record and who even had a restraining order against him at one point, racially profiles and then stalks a teenager after being advised not to, confronts him after the kid tried to get away, kills the kid and walks away free.

'Merica.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information