Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 69
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Why are AAS illegal and cigarettes and booze legal?

  1. #1
    mattvdh is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    125

    Why are AAS illegal and cigarettes and booze legal?

    Pretty basic question but it doesn't make any sense to me. It's got to be the damn corporate influence or lobbyists on the government. Does anybody know the history of why they banned AAS?

  2. #2
    BBJT200's Avatar
    BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,147
    The history is on the main page of this website.

    Basically put though, AAS was made illegal based on false information and the media distorting things.
    Laws put into place based on emotion make no more sense than enacting laws based on a religion's teachings. Logic and emotion are incompatible....and laws SHOULD be based on logic and reasoning.
    C3RB3RUS likes this.

  3. #3
    truckin001's Avatar
    truckin001 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    74
    Because the government makes money off those by taxing the hell out of it
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

  4. #4
    mattvdh is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by truckin001 View Post
    Because the government makes money off those by taxing the hell out of it
    BBPJT200: Yeah I have read the history, but wanted see if I could learn some more on the topic.

    But if it was legal for public consumption wouldn't they make more money off of it?

    BTW this exact same thread almost got me banned on BB.com...what's up with the mods there, obviously AAS are commonly used in BB, why do they have to keep it so hush hush. I think they just want to push their shitty supplements on to the noobs. By discouraging me from talking about it it really makes me want to learn more about it.

  5. #5
    bdos's Avatar
    bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Skippy's pouch
    Posts
    3,327
    Its taxable and fines from selling to underage people make more money also.

  6. #6
    Fcarey32's Avatar
    Fcarey32 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by mattvdh

    BBPJT200: Yeah I have read the history, but wanted see if I could learn some more on the topic.

    But if it was legal for public consumption wouldn't they make more money off of it?

    BTW this exact same thread almost got me banned on BB.com...what's up with the mods there, obviously AAS are commonly used in BB, why do they have to keep it so hush hush. I think they just want to push their shitty supplements on to the noobs. By discouraging me from talking about it it really makes me want to learn more about it.
    We don't talk about that sub-par/mediocre forum here, that's why you came here, were better

  7. #7
    mattvdh is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    125
    It seems to be more a board dedicated to miscers and selling their crappy supplements.

    this is a snap for a minute ago


    This is supposed to be a BB board? 8 out of 16 threads and misc, there's only 2 sort of BB related threads.

  8. #8
    breakbones's Avatar
    breakbones is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,188
    The way I see it. High officials in the government want to be cig smokers and alc drinkers so YOUR ANSWER IS: IT'S LEGAL, if they wanted to regard physical look and better sense of well being and they really card about this, then STEROIDS WOULD BE LEGAl.

    WE live under the Governments want's and needs!

  9. #9
    mattvdh is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    125
    I think it's medical lobbyists that want to keep it under their own control. It's just strange logic they've presented to the public--'steroids are bad because it can be damaging to your health' well there's plenty of things that are damaging to the public's health that they turn the blind eye on. Steroids can do all kinds of good if it's used correctly. It's just been branded and publicized a certain way like pot has so they're just sticking to their guns, not because it's logical but because that's the way things are and they don't see any reason to change it. It's really a shame, because AAS could really benefit a lot of people's lives, and sports figures wouldn't have to worry about sneaking around and keeping it underground.

  10. #10
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,395
    The entire reason why AAS are illegal in the US is because they work. The government doesn't give a damn about potential risks or anything. There are a lot of ins and outs, but if gear didn't work, it wouldn't be illegal.

  11. #11
    Allaaro is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    257
    Bigger, faster, stronger people who are less likely to take shit from the government....

    Yup, I wouldn't want ppl on also if I was in government.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    Lol. Move to the UK. Its legal to possess small amounts.

  13. #13
    1tuffmudder's Avatar
    1tuffmudder is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Utah County, Utah
    Posts
    73
    You want a great answer for your question. Watch the documentary 'Bigger, Faster, Stronger' It goes over everything in depth.

  14. #14
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    People who use steroids are typically healthier and take less prescription medications.

    People who drink alcohol and smoke are typically unhealthy and take more prescription medications.

    And that's the reason steroids are controlled substances in the U.S.

  15. #15
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    People who use steroids are typically healthier and take less prescription medications.

    People who drink alcohol and smoke are typically unhealthy and take more prescription medications.

    And that's the reason steroids are controlled substances in the U.S.
    I agree that the state of health is worse in alcoholics and smokers, however, this should not be translated as steroid users being healthy (not that you said that, just making a point). The majority of steroid users are completely irresponsible. I feel comfortable saying over 95% of user are irresponsible and therefore, unhealthy.
    dickster likes this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  16. #16
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    I agree that the state of health is worse in alcoholics and smokers, however, this should not be translated as steroid users being healthy (not that you said that, just making a point). The majority of steroid users are completely irresponsible. I feel comfortable saying over 95% of user are irresponsible and therefore, unhealthy.
    I agree that many steroid users are irresponsible with their steroid use . However, I also believe responsible use is often in the eye of the beholder. I believe you and I have gone back and forth on this before. That said, there was a great research article several years back on this topic of health. I cannot remember off hand where it was from but I'll try to dig it up. The study found that most steroid users took fewer prescription drugs than non-steroid users, called in sick less often than non-steroid users, went to the emergency room less often than non-steroid users and a few other related things.

    Does the above mean they're outright healthier than non-steroid users? Well, I think most (not all) steroid users typically eat healthier than non-steroid users. Most all exercise regularly, whereas most non-steroid users do not. There was another interesting study a few years back that Rick Collins was a part of that found steroid users drink far less and partake in recreational drugs far less often than non-steroid users. Again, does this make them healthier? These things definitely aren't working against the steroid user, that much is certain. Sure, they may have health issues the non-steroid users doesn't experience as often later on, but there's really no hard proof of this one way or the other in terms of what people often deem "legitimate studies" other than the vast majority of bodybuilders from the last 50+ years have lived fairly normal and generally healthy lives.

    Another slightly related tid bit I found interesting from the Collins study. It found the vast majority of steroid users were far less likely to have been in a fraternity in college. As I think most would agree, those who are in college fraternities are more often than not the epitome of young irresponsible behavior but something in the mind set of a future steroid user is different. And I say future steroid user because the study found the vast majority of steroid users are in their 30's and not teens or those in their early 20's as often portrayed. Anyway, slightly off-topic but somewhat relevant IMO.

  17. #17
    diabolicsoul is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by mattvdh View Post
    BBPJT200: Yeah I have read the history, but wanted see if I could learn some more on the topic.
    BTW this exact same thread almost got me banned on BB.com...what's up with the mods there, obviously AAS are commonly used in BB, why do they have to keep it so hush hush. I think they just want to push their shitty supplements on to the noobs. By discouraging me from talking about it it really makes me want to learn more about it.
    Steroids are illegal, and due to legal reasons, bb.com can't be associated with anything to do with steroids. Being held responsible if someone reads something on there and gets phucked over, etc. They use to have an awesome steroid sub section and porn section, back in the day. Mods are also fast to close threads down that might insinuate steroid discussions, like PH's/SERM threads, etc.

  18. #18
    nvrtd is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    58
    Because the government makes millions and millions of dollars off smokes and alcohol each year, do they make money off roids? Nope.

    This world is so corrupt.
    And the worst offenders are the people running it..

  19. #19
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,395
    Quote Originally Posted by nvrtd View Post
    Because the government makes millions and millions of dollars off smokes and alcohol each year, do they make money off roids? Nope.

    This world is so corrupt.
    And the worst offenders are the people running it..
    They only aren't making money off steroids because they're illegal. If they were legal, they'd be taxed just like everything else you buy is. So your argument here fails.
    Metalject likes this.

  20. #20
    dickster is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK south east.
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    12
    I agree everyone should have freedom to choose.

    But the problem is not ASS it is the people that use them.
    You only have to look at the majority of the threads on here.
    Teens taking multi compounds, in high doses, with hardly any care for the side effects, ie no HCG or A1, and often no pct.

    I have seen more people fxxk themselves up by buying shit form the local dealer at the gym, mostly oral compounds, usually dbol , they have no knowledge of what they are doing, often they are not really dedicated lifters but idiots who want to hog equipment, throw weight all around the floor, and spend hours looking in the mirrors at themselves.

    The problem with ASS is yes they work, legalising would be great for responsible people, but like everything in life responsible people have to suffer because of those that don't give a shit.

    I do believe the governments of this world have a lot to answer for, and corruption is on a scale none of us can begin to believe.

    Maybe regulation could help, it may help to push some of the worst compounds out of the market, but all the time you can get dbol for fifty quid a cycle, you are going to get a high percentage of abusers and not responsible users.
    Rant over, sorry about that I don't no what came over me, it wasn't the roids I promise.

  21. #21
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by nvrtd View Post
    Because the government makes millions and millions of dollars off smokes and alcohol each year, do they make money off roids? Nope.

    This world is so corrupt.
    And the worst offenders are the people running it..
    The government is the pharmaceutical companies. You didn't know?
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  22. #22
    dickster is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK south east.
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    12
    Why would the drugs company's or governments for that matter want to cure anybody, there is no money in cure, they want you on their drugs for as long as possible.
    Where is their money once your cured.
    A friend of mine had severe shoulder problems/joint pain, his treatment consisted of cortisone injections, steroids (not anabolic ) and physio for years, with no relief.
    He moved to Greece where he was prescribed ASS, in a few months his joint pain had gone never to return.
    Enough said.

  23. #23
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,395
    Quote Originally Posted by dickster View Post
    Why would the drugs company's or governments for that matter want to cure anybody, there is no money in cure, they want you on their drugs for as long as possible.
    Where is their money once your cured.
    A friend of mine had severe shoulder problems/joint pain, his treatment consisted of cortisone injections, steroids (not anabolic ) and physio for years, with no relief.
    He moved to Greece where he was prescribed ASS, in a few months his joint pain had gone never to return.
    Enough said.
    How would AAS help joint pain exactly? I mean how would it fix the problem so that the pain would be gone forever?

    And I'm assuming since you used past tense that he isn't currently using anything.

  24. #24
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by dickster View Post
    I agree everyone should have freedom to choose.

    But the problem is not ASS it is the people that use them.
    You only have to look at the majority of the threads on here.
    Teens taking multi compounds, in high doses, with hardly any care for the side effects, ie no HCG or A1, and often no pct.

    I have seen more people fxxk themselves up by buying shit form the local dealer at the gym, mostly oral compounds, usually dbol , they have no knowledge of what they are doing, often they are not really dedicated lifters but idiots who want to hog equipment, throw weight all around the floor, and spend hours looking in the mirrors at themselves.

    The problem with ASS is yes they work, legalising would be great for responsible people, but like everything in life responsible people have to suffer because of those that don't give a shit.

    I do believe the governments of this world have a lot to answer for, and corruption is on a scale none of us can begin to believe.

    Maybe regulation could help, it may help to push some of the worst compounds out of the market, but all the time you can get dbol for fifty quid a cycle, you are going to get a high percentage of abusers and not responsible users.
    Rant over, sorry about that I don't no what came over me, it wasn't the roids I promise.
    I'll say it again for the 8000th time, most steroid users are not the people you just described. This has been proven over and over again. Granted, they're not vocal like the idiots, so you don't notice them. And I also believe many steroid users (particularly on message boards and I'm not referring to you but in general) like the idea that they're one of the few responsible ones and most others are idiots. It makes them feel better about what they do. It's nothing more than an ego thing. Let's also keep in mind, most who use steroids do not post on message boards. Most do not announce it in real life or under a screen name.

    Avg. Age of Steroid User: 31
    Avg. Income of Steroid user $20k greater than non-steroid user
    Unemployment Rate of Steroid user, 1+%
    Secondary Degrees 74%
    61% obtain a blood test at least once per year

    All of this and more can be found on the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health website.

  25. #25
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    How would AAS help joint pain exactly? I mean how would it fix the problem so that the pain would be gone forever?

    And I'm assuming since you used past tense that he isn't currently using anything.
    Many steroids have been proven to be great in improving bone and cartilage strength. Many steroids have been shown to be very effective in fighting osteoporosis. That alone should give even the simplest minded person the ability to say "hmm, that might help with joints."

  26. #26
    SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,373
    as a smoker and a wife of a user. It would be refreshing to see steroids legalized and taxed like everything else lol it would really take the burden off the cigarette tax here in New Hampshire that goes towards education :-) seriously a pack of cigarettes but I smoke is 8.50 a pack. And almost all of that is all Taxes. If roids were legal they would be monitored and it would be more understood the application save the side effects etc and every little dollar towards the state or educational programs is a good dollar spent :-)
    keeping things under groun really doesn't help anybody or the system... I think marijuana is a testament to that lol I'm not want to promote drug use or condone it but I think the USA is finally coming around to realizing that some things are better not kept the dark. I think roids is on that list.

  27. #27
    Flagg's Avatar
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Front toward enemy
    Posts
    6,265
    See any bodybuilding politicians?

    There's your answer.

  28. #28
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    See any bodybuilding politicians?

    There's your answer.
    One famous guy that governed California lol
    MakeEveryRepCount likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  29. #29
    mattvdh is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    125
    'The problem isn't the drug, but the people who abuse them or use them' can be said about many things that are legal. Guns, McDonalds/fastfood, Cigarettes, alcohol, Tylenol 3's etc. You can kill yourself with too much water or Vitamins.

    I don't think it should be up to the government to nerf the world and 'protect' us from these things. Make it as safe as possible, put out warnings and then let us decide what we want to do with our lives and bodies.

    Same goes for marijuana. I don't smoke anymore because it's unhealthy for the lungs and was just getting bored of being a stoner, but the only real problem with marijuana is that A.) you have to deal with sketchy, unreliable dealers B.) you aren't sure about the quality of if it has been grown with harsh chemicals. Those two problems can be solved with government regulation--same with steroids . Marijuana is seriously the safest drug if you eat it. You get a good buzz and no hangover, just a bit of fogginess, and people are calm and sociable when on this drug. If the world switched from alcohol to pot, the world would be a safer place at night and at clubs. You know many fights I've seen or people trying to start fights or raging in general when drunk? I could easily find that type of situation every single night of the week. I don't think I've ever seen a fight because of pot, people still get angry and hostile, but that's just because of who they are as people. Pot calms people down and generally makes people down and more friendly. It also brings different types of people together I find. But like anything else that's abused, it can have it's detriments as well i.e. anxiety, insomnia, depression etc.

    Check out this documentary. It's about the growing number of booze abusers specifically in Australia and the stats are staggering. The cops basically allocate 60-80% of their resources on weekends to breaking up fights, throwing people in the drunk tanks and generally dealing with drunks. It's a HUGE problem in western societies, but we just love our traditions, so things are slow to change.
    Punch Drunk | Watch Free Documentary Online

    I think if things are going to change for steroids, it needs to come out of the dark and be defended. Athletes, doctors and trainers need to voice their opinions on the subject so the public is more aware of how it works. They say steroids make you aggressive or roid rage , well that really depends on the person, but one thing that's for sure is that alcohol makes a lot more people violent and the public is just fine with that. I guarantee that steroids are generally less of a societal threat than booze is--in that sense. People on steroids aren't uninhibited like a drunk person is, they're the same person just a bit more hyped up. It depends on the person, some people are going to be violent even when completely sober.
    Last edited by mattvdh; 07-31-2013 at 11:08 AM.

  30. #30
    mattvdh is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    One famous guy that governed California lol
    It shows how influenced politicians are to the people who financially back them. You'd think a guy like Arnold would be for pot, steroids and gay marriage, but when it comes down to it, money, or the funders trumps all. Pot is starting to gain some ground because some of the top dogs in the underground business are literally billionaires, so they're starting to pump some cash into the politics of it and marketing.

  31. #31
    Flagg's Avatar
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Front toward enemy
    Posts
    6,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    One famous guy that governed California lol
    Forgot about him. Not sure the people of Cali have though!

  32. #32
    dickster is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK south east.
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    12
    Metalject.

    I am not an ASS user, but I take your point, unfortunately in the gyms I have been around in the past 23 years,my own experience is different.

    I would estimate that over 90% of the people I have met have abused gear, and would swallow anything you gave them.

    Yes these people are working people, yes some are academically gifted and have degrees, but that won't stop irresponsible use of tobacco, alcohol, heroin, coke, speed or ASS. Social standing has nothing to do with ASS use, look what Arnold S used to do to himself in the early days.

    The 60 % you say have bloods carried out annually is interesting, of all the persons I have known taking, probably over 100, I can only think of two who have had bloods done.
    Maybe it's the times or the area I live, but every gym even local authority owned have peddlers dishing out orals like sweets, these are to 17 year olds.

  33. #33
    mattvdh is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    125
    of all things to ban though, why steroids . It enhances recovery time and athletic ability. Who would utilize these sort of things: A.) a recovering patient and B) competitive athletes. So if we follow the money trail who is making money off of banning it, A.) the medical association/industry B.) supplement companies

    think of how much money supplement companies make a year by showing images of athletes on AAS and then showing them taking their products. I think they may have a big hand in this game. By keeping steroids illegal, they continue to keep people chasing the dragon of getting big. On the other hand, if they could sell steroids they would make a ton of money, but it would also effectively kill the market for their other products, so I think there's possibly more money in their crap supplements than there is in a few steroid products. The only product people would really buy is whey, maybe creatine and multivitamins as well. Other than that it kills the dream.

  34. #34
    5x10's Avatar
    5x10 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by dickster View Post
    Metalject.

    I am not an ASS user, but I take your point, unfortunately in the gyms I have been around in the past 23 years,my own experience is different.

    I would estimate that over 90% of the people I have met have abused gear, and would swallow anything you gave them.

    Yes these people are working people, yes some are academically gifted and have degrees, but that won't stop irresponsible use of tobacco, alcohol, heroin, coke, speed or ASS. Social standing has nothing to do with ASS use, look what Arnold S used to do to himself in the early days.

    The 60 % you say have bloods carried out annually is interesting, of all the persons I have known taking, probably over 100, I can only think of two who have had bloods done.
    Maybe it's the times or the area I live, but every gym even local authority owned have peddlers dishing out orals like sweets, these are to 17 year olds.
    Agree with this
    In my experience, very little(non trt) users get blood work
    dickster likes this.

  35. #35
    OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,999
    My experience is that once people realize they can get bloodwork without telling a doctor they are using, they get it done. At least that's my experience.

  36. #36
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheSauce View Post
    My experience is that once people realize they can get bloodwork without telling a doctor they are using, they get it done. At least that's my experience.
    I doubt it man. I've worked with a TON of people with cycling and gear etc... it was like pulling teeth to get anyone to have panels ordered. Major fail on their part. And not all were young, lot's of guys in their 30's and 40's that you'd think would have picked up some level of intelligence. And when they do in fact get blood work, they check testosterone levels . If I'm lucky they'll listen and get an E2 assay. But CBC, CMP, etc... forget about it.

    500mg per week on and off forever without blood work can do a lot of damage for some. These people think they have to inject megadoses to be at risk.
    dickster likes this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  37. #37
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by mattvdh View Post
    'The problem isn't the drug, but the people who abuse them or use them' can be said about many things that are legal. Guns, McDonalds/fastfood, Cigarettes, alcohol, Tylenol 3's etc. You can kill yourself with too much water or Vitamins.

    I don't think it should be up to the government to nerf the world and 'protect' us from these things. Make it as safe as possible, put out warnings and then let us decide what we want to do with our lives and bodies.

    Same goes for marijuana. I don't smoke anymore because it's unhealthy for the lungs and was just getting bored of being a stoner, but the only real problem with marijuana is that A.) you have to deal with sketchy, unreliable dealers B.) you aren't sure about the quality of if it has been grown with harsh chemicals. Those two problems can be solved with government regulation--same with steroids . Marijuana is seriously the safest drug if you eat it. You get a good buzz and no hangover, just a bit of fogginess, and people are calm and sociable when on this drug. If the world switched from alcohol to pot, the world would be a safer place at night and at clubs. You know many fights I've seen or people trying to start fights or raging in general when drunk? I could easily find that type of situation every single night of the week. I don't think I've ever seen a fight because of pot, people still get angry and hostile, but that's just because of who they are as people. Pot calms people down and generally makes people down and more friendly. It also brings different types of people together I find. But like anything else that's abused, it can have it's detriments as well i.e. anxiety, insomnia, depression etc.

    Check out this documentary. It's about the growing number of booze abusers specifically in Australia and the stats are staggering. The cops basically allocate 60-80% of their resources on weekends to breaking up fights, throwing people in the drunk tanks and generally dealing with drunks. It's a HUGE problem in western societies, but we just love our traditions, so things are slow to change.
    Punch Drunk | Watch Free Documentary Online

    I think if things are going to change for steroids, it needs to come out of the dark and be defended. Athletes, doctors and trainers need to voice their opinions on the subject so the public is more aware of how it works. They say steroids make you aggressive or roid rage, well that really depends on the person, but one thing that's for sure is that alcohol makes a lot more people violent and the public is just fine with that. I guarantee that steroids are generally less of a societal threat than booze is--in that sense. People on steroids aren't uninhibited like a drunk person is, they're the same person just a bit more hyped up. It depends on the person, some people are going to be violent even when completely sober.
    Regulation has and will never solve anything. Just like anything else, if steroids were legalized, the market would weed out the garbage products. People always gravitate towards the better product and service and the bad products and services go out of business.

    It's not governments job to keep us safe in a sense of government knows best, but to keep us safe from those who want to tell us they know best.

  38. #38
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by dickster View Post
    Metalject.

    I am not an ASS user, but I take your point, unfortunately in the gyms I have been around in the past 23 years,my own experience is different.

    I would estimate that over 90% of the people I have met have abused gear, and would swallow anything you gave them.

    Yes these people are working people, yes some are academically gifted and have degrees, but that won't stop irresponsible use of tobacco, alcohol, heroin, coke, speed or ASS. Social standing has nothing to do with ASS use, look what Arnold S used to do to himself in the early days.

    The 60 % you say have bloods carried out annually is interesting, of all the persons I have known taking, probably over 100, I can only think of two who have had bloods done.
    Maybe it's the times or the area I live, but every gym even local authority owned have peddlers dishing out orals like sweets, these are to 17 year olds.
    This is how I see it. It's up to the individual to decide how he will abuse his body, how much he will allow. It's not up to others to control another person's actions in this regard so as long as that person is not hurting anyone else. That's the essence of liberty, if what you do does not take from me or harm me then it's none of my business. If someone wants to tell others how much gear they can use and how often, if they won't to force them to follow these rules, then they also have the right to control how many candy bars they eat, how much beer they drink and how many days per week they go to the gym. In my opinion, regulating gear in this way is no different than regulating the aforementioned items.

  39. #39
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Money ...the gov mkes tons taxing smokes and lobbyist have our representatives in their pockets and the FDA on the othe hand get to regulate and control aas..big pharma making a ton of money. The ugl scene has turned this on its ear a bit however.

  40. #40
    dickster is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK south east.
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    12
    Agree 100% with mattvdh' post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •