Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: gsp vs hendricks

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    I have to say its pretty annoying that everyone expects fighters to "take risks" when defending their titles etc. What sense would it make to be taking risks when you are defending a title? Maybe take risks when trying to take the title, but defending? And not just his first defense, but the 9th straight?! Gsp has more 5 round fights than any other ufc fighter and has won time and time again. There comes a point when the fans should expect a fighter to retire and appreciate the skill it takes to go as far as they have in such an intense and brutal sport. It would seem that the only acceptable way for a grand champ to retire is to keep going until someone finally pounds their head in.... these guys fighting champion are all top notch fighters and nobody can maintain the top spot forever, but I don't think he needs to lose. He has proved himself- Considering gsp now holds the most minutes in the octagon, the most wins in the ufc as a champion - AND the title by decision, I feel he should be able to retire with the support of his fans. He came, he fought, he won....let him leave. Hendricks knocked him, sure. But he couldn't finish him, gsp NEVER backed down and continued attacking at all times, gsp took down hendricks more than once and landed many significant strikes, head kicks and leg kicks. I saw a fight with many points scored for both fighters.
    have to agree with all except ur last couple of points...yes GSP took him down but Hendricks took him down just as much if not more....and did more damage on the ground then GSP did...Hendricks was up almost immediately every time he was taken down...imo I don't think GSP landed much of any sig shots...unless u count jabs as one..sure he got a few here and there but Hendricks got a lot more...

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    have to agree with all except ur last couple of points...yes GSP took him down but Hendricks took him down just as much if not more....and did more damage on the ground then GSP did...Hendricks was up almost immediately every time he was taken down...imo I don't think GSP landed much of any sig shots...unless u count jabs as one..sure he got a few here and there but Hendricks got a lot more...
    At the end of the 5th round, we all saw a beaten fighter in GSP. It reminded me of when BJ lost his invincibility and went down hill from there.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by AshopRep View Post

At the end of the 5th round, we all saw a beaten fighter in GSP. It reminded me of when BJ lost his invincibility and went down hill from there.
    happens to all

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post

Well all anyone can do now it talk smack and wait and see what happens next. Bottom line- GSP is still the champ as controversial as it is. Looking forward to the wideman silva rematch next

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Am I the only one who thought Hendricks tapped in the first round? I was pretty buzzed by this time, and dont remember if he got caught or what, but he looked like he tapped.

Obviously the ref did not see it. Too much red wine for me I guess.

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Hendricks tapped in the first round? I was pretty buzzed by this time, and dont remember if he got caught or what, but he looked like he tapped.

Obviously the ref did not see it. Too much red wine for me I guess.
    I'm gonna watch the fight when I go home and see ... I believe it was when gsp went for the neck

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/vote...ricks-tap-out/
    Last edited by >Good Luck<; 11-18-2013 at 07:41 PM.

charles1900 is offline New Member
    Hendricks tapped twice in my opinion!

Cheers

Brett N is offline Senior Member

I honestly don't think it was a tap. I think it was a short grab stopped short. The submission attemptt lasted 3 seconds and no top ranked fighter taps at 3 seconds unless a limb is being broke.

Although I honestly believe GSP lost, they both fought like champs. It was a very close match and I would love to see them do it again. GSP has had a awesome career, hate to see it end on a controversial win though.
    Last edited by Brett N; 11-18-2013 at 08:35 PM.

That cleared it up for me.. No tap. But the one I thought I remember was when they were standing? Also a Guilitein (sp)

Bert is offline Senior Member
    NO tap no way.

Watched the post fight presser. GSP was beat up. Hendricks looked ready to fight again. Dana was pissed!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information