Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Winter tyres

capetown is offline Senior Member
    You wouldnt believe all the people here that think they are so cool in there BMWs until they dont start in the winter because you cant get block heaters to plug them in.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Which benz you drive Marcus? Depend on the winter tires as you said it cost you a small fortune i am assuming you bought well known companie's tires. Somedays we have knee deep snow I drve benz as well but mine is GL with "all weather" tires. so I have no complains given the fact that I can raise it to get 6 inches higher if I want to

If it is a 4 door sedan winter tires will be good is it a rear wheel drive or front wheel?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    Which benz you drive Marcus? Depend on the winter tires as you said it cost you a small fortune i am assuming you bought well known companie's tires. Somedays we have knee deep snow I drve benz as well but mine is GL with "all weather" tires. so I have no complains given the fact that I can raise it to get 6 inches higher if I want to

If it is a 4 door sedan winter tires will be good is it a rear wheel drive or front wheel?
    Its one of those new C Class Coupe and its rear wheel drive, I got some Dunlops which are well rated for Merc's over here. When I had my other Merc last year as soon as the snow came down it was useless and I mean wouldn't move at all. I was going to buy the 4x4 ML but thought I would try the winters this time around and see what happens. Ive heard good things so we will find out soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Its one of those new C Class Coupe and its rear wheel drive, I got some Dunlops which are well rated for Merc's over here. When I had my other Merc last year as soon as the snow came down it was useless and I mean wouldn't move at all. I was going to buy the 4x4 ML but thought I would try the winters this time around and see what happens. Ive heard good things so we will find out soon enough
    oh crap, put on some weight on each end of the trunk is it 250 C class with the "sports mode" button?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    oh crap, put on some weight on each end of the trunk is it 250 C class with the "sports mode" button?
    Yes it is, and I am going to add some weight in the boot

I love that car in the sports Mode but you are right you need winter tires and weight in the back.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you decide to go with sand or small gravel make sure you bag it so if (when) it leaks it does not do so on your trunk carpet.

Something I always do and I have had to use it once is to also carry a fully charged cordless screw driver and a bag of 3/8" sheet metal screws. If I get into a really icey situation I put about 25+ screws into each tire. NO they wont poke through. Your tread had better be a lot deeper than that. lol

They work great. Just like studded tires. Quick, easy and you can take then out if you want. I left mine in all winter and by spring the heads were mostly worn off so nothing to pull out..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information