Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: For all of you Black Friday....

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

For all of you Black Friday....

...shoppers. Please be careful with your debit cards. I had a replacement debit card stolen from my mailbox this past July. Fortunately, I check my account balances daily so I noticed $500 missing out of my checking account. I finally got the whole mess squared away this past week.
    It seems that these deadbeats are able to strip the PIN info off of the card and hit the ATMs. The bank made it a real PITA to get it settled. The only thing I had going for me was my mail carrier had mentioned that mail was being stolen in my area. (I'm rural......really rural). Anyway, when I got copies of the ATM surveillance footage, I went to my post office and showed the pics around. One of the carriers recognized one of the lowlifes and provided a name. I passed the info onto LE and they started the warrant process......
    So, be REALLY careful with your financial cards and be safe if you go out into the shopping madness!!
    Igifuno likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    The only black Friday shopping ill be doing is online. Not gonna fight the crowds. It can get crazy

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    wifey has already left.....dun dun duunnnnnn

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The holiday season is apparently one of the biggest for crime. People carry more money with them (typically), are away from home more often attending events and social gatherings and the closer we get to Christmas, the more shopping items people have in their cars or at home under the tree.

Definitely must take extra measures to avoid tempting thieves.

I just came back from a quick grocery run. The Walmart parking lot I passed was packed to the seams! The Best Buy store on the adjacent corner had people lined up all the way down the street a block and a half away!!!!!

I'll never personally understand that madness. Not worth any of the deals for me. I do know people who love for it and even camp out front of the stores in tents one or two nights before. Just seems ridiculous to me.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    The wife and I venture out every year but only to the mall to tackle a good portion of clothes shopping for the kids. We can walk out with about $1k of clothes for $500. Wal-Mart.. hell no, Best Buy, you won't find me there on Black Friday.

Thanks for the tip though, AG....

Thread Information