Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Are you a bad driver?

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk01 View Post

LS1, 335 under rated Hp. More like 375+
    Love those cars! I had 96 Formula back in the day.

My buddy had a WS6, 2001 I believe, modded to the hilt. That thing was a damn rocket!

Gotta love the F-bodys!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    This is a good reason to invest in a $40 camera that records to memory card and works great when you need to prove in court someone did a swoop and stop causing you to rear end them. I have one in each car.

Damn good idea,

I drive about 80 miles a day at my current job and twice now on the interstate I have had someone come across 2 or more lanes and try to occupy the one I was in. Fortunately both times there was a way out of the situation, however you never can tell when it could work out differently.

I think I will make this a present to myself after the holidays.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Damn good idea,

I drive about 80 miles a day at my current job and twice now on the interstate I have had someone come across 2 or more lanes and try to occupy the one I was in. Fortunately both times there was a way out of the situation, however you never can tell when it could work out differently.

I think I will make this a present to myself after the holidays.
    If that is the case who says YOU have to say anything about the camera or disclose you have one?????

This is what I have. Cheap but 1yr they are still working, all 3. Biggest complaint is the view finder is flimsy and if you rotate it to much it may break. I dont mess with mine at all.
    Amazon.com: 2.5-inch HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270 degrees whirl: Car Electronics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31AinTvZWmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	147246
    Last edited by lovbyts; 12-24-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    This is a good reason to invest in a $40 camera that records to memory card and works great when you need to prove in court someone did a swoop and stop causing you to rear end them. I have one in each car.
    I just had a guy turning left in front of me, slam on the breaks so that I would hit him.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think its funny the closer you get to the holidays the more inconsiderate and rude people are on the road when you think they would be just the opposite.
    DCI likes this.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    I think its funny the closer you get to the holidays the more inconsiderate and rude people are on the road when you think they would be just the opposite.
    Everyone is in a hurry I guess.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Must happen round the world exactly yhe same over here some are down right dangerous

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i rarely drive.

if i want a tooth brush, i call security. they get the armored vehicle ready. then they round up my body guard and my guide. when everything is all ready, we covertly sneak up on the store, and then in and out quickly.

it's a little excessive, but it's not my call. i passively watch all this shit going on and am totally amazed at how much that tooth brush ends up costing the taxpayers....

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Having a kid definitely changed how I drive.

hekki is offline Junior Member
    Drive a company truck + always in a hurry + being a manager x really fast driving = numerous red lights being ran

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    All drivers, new and old make mistakes. It sounds like you just need someone to help you regain your confidence with driving. Might be worth going back to your old instructor, practise on https://www.easytheorytest.co.uk/pra...ar-theory-test , if nothing else to refresh your skills with manoeuvres because you shouldn't be hitting stationary objects.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Not if everyone stays the fuck out of my way!

Damn just noticed how old this thread is.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Not if everyone stays the fuck out of my way!

Damn just noticed how old this thread is.

Newb
    *Admin*, BG and Honkey_Kong like this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nobody understands how truly bad American drivers are in general like somebody who rides a 2-wheeler. Because it is truly uncanny how 'cagers' can operate a motor vehicle and be so completely oblivious to everything on two wheels.

I think the safety of the modern automobile has a lot to do with it. Because between impact-resistant bumpers, crumple zones, a dozen air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, computer-aided stability control, radar-activated emergency braking and sometimes a heads-up display with night vision, they feel invulnerable. In fact Volvo has stated publicly that they're working on a car that it will be impossible to kill yourself in (a claim I'm sure every teenaged boy in the country is eager to test).

The result is people no longer sense there's any real danger present when they get in their car to take a drive. Driving is essentially stress-less. Except cyclists are in as much peril as they were 160 years ago when they rode penny-farthing (high-wheel) bicycles. But motorists can't possibly drive with an awareness of the danger inherent in cycling and still have their tranquil drive, so they 'compartmentalize' to block out the fact that their stupidity could easily cost a motorcyclist or bicyclist his life. They have no regard for anything on the road unless it poses a threat to their safety, which pretty much limits the candidates to cement mixers, garbage trucks and 18-wheelers.

I was out for a bike ride a few years ago when something about half a mile up the road from me caught my eye. It was a flashing white light rounding a blind corner and coming toward me. A hundred or so yards later I could see it was another bicyclist who had a stobing front light on his handlebars. I was so impressed with how conspicuous that made him that I got one for myself. And two red strobing lights, one of which is attached to the frame of the bike and the other I wear on top of my helmet, both facing rearward.

And the change was astounding. I get "buzzed" by cagers much less frequently and I have a lot more drivers yielding the entire lane as they overtake. I still get the occasional "punish pass" but that's always some dipshit who aspires to be a convicted felon anyway. I even rode for a while only using the flashing lights for half the ride and not for the other, so the results were same day, same neighborhoods and same route. And my impression was the same. The flashing lights cause motorists overall to be noticeably more respectful of me. But there was an unwanted side effect that told me they're still in their safety cocoon and completely unaware of the danger they pose to others.

And the most astonishing thing of all is every last one of them is bound and determined that they're only ever going to use the accelerator pedal to resolve the conflict. NEVER the brake pedal.

Remember what I wrote about motorists being more likely to yield the entire lane since I lit up my bike like a Christmas tree? And do their overtaking the in oncoming lane? Well they sometimes do that even if there's opposing traffic coming. It's so utterly insane I imagine it would be hard to believe if I hadn't seen it. Because they commonly chase the oncoming traffic off onto the shoulder of the road. I once was climbing a particularly peaky hill on this quiet country lane and I could hear the motorist approaching from behind me. This guy gunned it to come around me but it was never going to be a safe overtaking because he couldn't possibly see far enough down the road. And sure enough, about the time he got alongside me, I could see a bright yellow school bus in the opposing lane nearing the crest of the hill. So the car swerved and the bus swerved with the difference that the car had an entire lane to use and the bus had only the shoulder. So the bus dropped a front wheel in the ditch before the driver could get it stopped. And the car -- a Lexus Q45 -- continued on its merry way like nothing had happened.

On another occasion (also on a quiet country lane, which is where I do most of my riding) a car overtook me and in the doing chased the oncoming car onto the shoulder. And then the aggrieved driver chased me down and gave me a stern tongue-lashing because it was my fault the overtaking motorist exercised shitty judgement.

I got a million of 'em. Cagers do something stupid that affects me almost every time I go for a ride. Which equals a whole lotta shit drivers out there.

On the other hand, I once was driving up a divided highway into the Dolomite mountains in the north of Italy. The road was full of switchbacks and there was an avalanche barrier on both sides of the lane, so the vehicles were pretty tightly confined. And there was a line of cars backed up hundreds of yards deep, I could see the "parade" as the road came around a 'finger' in the slope of the mountain. Ten minutes later I got nearer the front of the line and I could see the hold-up. It was a guy on a bicycle. Young guy, lean and fit, dressed in pro cycling team livery on a bike that cost several thousand dollars. Obviously hard core. And when I'm four or five cars back I can see how the motorists are interacting with the cyclist as they get their turn to drive past him.

They're waving, and with all five fingers. And they're shouting. "Avanti, avanti!" Or "Allez, allezI" Which in cycling are traditional cheers of encouragement. Even "Bravo!" or "Bravissimo!"

Because in Europe cyclists are among the most celebrated of athletes. So by extension, all cyclists are given a measure of respect, even excused for inconveniencing motorists.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 08-14-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    *Admin*, BG and Booz like this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I regularly drive over 100mph, I rarely use my turn signals, I do sudden stops, I've had so many tickets and accidents that The General informed me that they wouldn't insure me anymore, but I'm great at driving.

Everybody else sucks.
    BG likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    The General...... very funny.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    The General...... very funny.
    That part is actually true. Since being on the last point on my license, I've dropped the speed down to the mid 80's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information